Even when a referee gets it right, he gets it wrong

TN8

Just read that the Dundee red card yesterday has actually been given for denying a goalscoring opportunity, instead of reckless/dangerous play. Given that they had a covering defender I'm pretty sure they'll win their appeal against it now, even though it was a straight leg, studs up challenge that could've broken Candeias' ankle o_O

Is there a more incompetent group of officials as the fuds we need to put up with in Scotland?

Refs are very quick when it is against us but don't seem to make any comments when it is us that have the wrong doings.

There's not a weekend that goes by now, without a major, game-changing calamity involving a wrong refereeing decision. They're becoming the norm now, rather than the odd exception - and there are far too many of them, to any longer be deemed to 'even themselves out over the course of the season'. That tosh was debunked a long time ago.

someone coming across doesn't negate it being a goal scoring chance
candeias was in control of the ball and would've gotten a shot away

Just read that the Dundee red card yesterday has actually been given for denying a goalscoring opportunity, instead of reckless/dangerous play. Given that they had a covering defender I'm pretty sure they'll win their appeal against it now, even though it was a straight leg, studs up challenge that could've broken Candeias' ankle o_O

Is there a more incompetent group of officials as the fuds we need to put up with in Scotland?
Overturned for denying a goalscoring opportunity and retrospectively awarded for the tackle?

If I were Dundee, I’d not appeal it and just take the match ban

I still think it was a clear goalscoring opportunity even with the covering player.
Yes, the touch from Candeias was perfect and would have put him in front of goal with the ball sitting in its optimum position for a shot at the goal.
The touch was so good that although there was a player parallel to the play he wouldn't have been able to interfere with the shot as Candeias movement was as I said absolutely perfect.
Candeias would probably have scored.
I think the referee called it correctly.
The tackle itself was a high end yellow or low-end red for its dangerous element.
So the referee probably called it right from both ends in.

Yes, the touch from Candeias was perfect and would have put him in front of goal with the ball sitting in its optimum position for a shot at the goal.
The touch was so good that although there was a player parallel to the play he wouldn't have been able to interfere with the shot as Candeias movement was as I said absolutely perfect.
The tackle itself was a high end yellow or low-end red for its dangerous element.

Not so sure about that, I make it 50/50 between Candeias and the defender for the next touch. The challenge itself is an ankle breaker. Will be interested to see what happens if they appeal.

When Daniel got his 2nd yellow in Paisley, sg said it would help all clubs if the laws could be changed to appeal 2nd yellows.
He was put down by the media and no support from managers.
Roll on to Ibrox, sheep defender gets a 2nd yellow incorrectly with nothing said from mcinnes to support what sg said.
Here was a chance to bring it up independently if he didn't want to support a gers manager.

After seeing the replay candeias is a lucky man he wasn’t badly injured.

Definitely a red on its own never mind denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Some of the decisions the officials are making are baffling to say the least.

Every game has officials making errors. Incompetence all round. Too many refs being fast tracked. Steven McLean is not able to handle a high profile match.

I'm sure there's a vacancy waiting on you at Sky/BT Sports;)

i thought that was the right call and said it on the match thread.

Without the tackle he is taking a touch and probably scoring. that touch would have taken all the other defenders out of the game.

I would call it a brave and correct decision by the ref because he didnt have to give it

It won't be over turned as he would have had a chance to hit a shot before the defender came across.

Covering defender?
Had Candeias not been brought down he was 1 on 1 with the 'keeper and ready to take a shot on goal.

Covering defender?
Had Candeias not been brought down he was 1 on 1 with the 'keeper and ready to take a shot on goal.

Yer man that Candeias pretty much falls into when he's fouled?

Dundee-1-1-Rangers-Steven-Gerrard-amp-39-s-side-miss-chance-to-join-Celtic-at-the-top.jpg

Put it this way, it's alot less clear-cut than the fact it was a straight leg, studs showing, dangerous challenge.

More incompetence from our inept and hopeless band of officials

They will win appeal if ref has said its given due to stopping a goal scoring opportunity

Clearly a red given how late the Dundee player was. He didn’t get any of the ball and it’s studs above Candeias ankle.

Officials up here are crap. End of.

Very quick with the reason for the sending off compared to collum after the Candieas red card. I suppose he needed time to compose a lie for the sending off.A very sinister organisation indeed.

Yer man that Candeias pretty much falls into when he's fouled?

Dundee-1-1-Rangers-Steven-Gerrard-amp-39-s-side-miss-chance-to-join-Celtic-at-the-top.jpg

Put it this way, it's alot less clear-cut than the fact it was a straight leg, studs showing, dangerous challenge.
That picture is totally deceiving. He doesn't pretty much fall into him.
If you watch the video, if Candeias had not been up ended he would've been on the ball long before he got anywhere near enough to even get a world class block in.

Back