Everton call in insolvency advisers amid fresh doubt over 777 takeover

This brings back very, very bad memories. There doesn’t seem a way out of this for them.

I’ll be honest until you guys covered on Seagulls I wasn’t aware of just how absolutely fucked they are !

Mental numbers. Staying in the premiership and selling off their biggest assets might be the best they can hope for.

Would suspect with PL survival assured they might ask the EPL for next seasons funds to cover any shortfall to the end of the season. Then do a fire sale in the summer to try build funds.
Regardless it looks like a youth squad next season will be all they can afford or have to play

They have spent some money on hiring and firing mangers plus a lot of it on dross in terms of players.

Even back in the days of David Moyes when they did not have much money to spend they were regular top 8 finishers and qualifying for Europe on a regular basis.
Under Moyes they were known as a yo-yo club, one season fighting relegation, the next fighting for a European spot. He was a steady Eddie for them, but since then they have floundered badly.

Spent money on players unwisely and are building a new stadium.
No great surprise,their board has majorly fkd up on a regular basis.

So far they’re still ahead of Tranmere as Merseyside’s second biggest club, but that could change.

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Anyone know their total debt ? The article quotes around 200M owed to 777. Another 160M to investors.

Guessing they’ll be more millions owed to others

Mental especially with all the money they have in that league, then if these clubs that were demoted manage to successfully sue them (if that is still even being talked about/happening) they are in quite big trouble.

They have spent some money on hiring and firing mangers plus a lot of it on dross in terms of players.

Even back in the days of David Moyes when they did not have much money to spend they were regular top 8 finishers and qualifying for Europe on a regular basis.
Pretty sure when Walter was there he actually was able to turn a profit on player trading

Signed done really good players as soon as they started doing well they were sold

Anyone know their total debt ? The article quotes around 200M owed to 777. Another 160M to investors.

Guessing they’ll be more millions owed to others
They had a £159m that was due to be paid the other day they couldn’t pay.

Would imagine if 777 get the go ahead to take over then that £200m would get took over the cost of buying the club? Can’t get my head around 777 being allowed to bank roll Everton despite never getting the go ahead to take over tbh.

Used to like Everton even before Walter when they had a really good side and done well in Europe (probably the blue shirt again) but I can't feel sorry for a club who has blown a fortune on mediocre players and the more EPL clubs that hit financial hardship the better - the growth of the EPL and their ludicrous tv deal has killed the game up here

How is the new stadium build going? Has it completed?
still to be fitted out, most of the structural work been done and seating being installed, but I think this stadium will end up being a millstone around the club"s back, I would expect whoever takes control of that club will hive the stadium off to a separate company and lease it back to club purely on a playing only deal, hospitality and rent payments will be from club to private entity, hard really to see any kind of future for them,

Always thought it was desperation that they were entertaining that 777 mob.

You didn't have to look too far into them to know they were bad news.

Yes, getting involved with an American private investment company is seldom going to end well.

Everton is a club not quite accepting their level and thus overreaching. The money wasted on players is staggering.

The amount of money swilling around the Premiership it is criminally negligent to run in to financial difficulties.
Anyway hopefully Patterson will refuse to tupe over and he can have Tavs position when he retires/goes to Saudi.

Back