Everton call in insolvency advisers amid fresh doubt over 777 takeover

Two Everton men I know love Rangers. Always send me WATP type messages before OF games.
Plus no other club in the UK (probably except Hearts) has had so many players that also played for Rangers.
Plus Walter.
I hope they find a solution.
The ones i know who follow them everywhere hate us,love them.

Can't stand either of the two Liverpool teams. They're behaviour whenever HM The Queen passed away made me sick. Pretty sure Everton have a song which mentions us in it as well, so hopefully they do find themselves in bother.

From a source which I consider to be reliable - there are two investors who have loaned the Everton owner a significant sum which has gone towards the completion of the new stadium. If the 777 takeover falls through and Mashiri cannot make the repayments which are due then these guys get his shares in Everton (which was the surety). As the club is guaranteed to be in the EPL next season these guys are quite happy with their option to be the potential owners of an EPL club with a brand new stadium.

It’s staggering. The money they have pissed away. It’s the equivalent of one of those lottery winners who go mental and end up bankrupt.
We had a couple of season tickets at Goodison while Martinez was in charge as well as my Ibrox ticket.
They have been a financial disaster on and off the pitch for a lot of years now. Simply backed manager after manager then paid them off plus all the back room staff. Long term planning was farcical at best and they normally pay very high salaries given their league position.
Raised very little in the transfer market over the years and I know they have made cut backs on certain aspects of the new stadium as well as struggling to keep up with construction costs.
I’ve always thought the new stadium is the attraction for any possible new owners. Evertonians that I know probably don’t think the worse case scenario could happen, I guess our pain from 2012 gives us a different perspective.

From a source which I consider to be reliable - there are two investors who have loaned the Everton owner a significant sum which has gone towards the completion of the new stadium. If the 777 takeover falls through and Mashiri cannot make the repayments which are due then these guys get his shares in Everton (which was the surety). As the club is guaranteed to be in the EPL next season these guys are quite happy with their option to be the potential owners of an EPL club with a brand new stadium.

Usmanov?

It's staggering how they're in this mess where Liverpool, with a debt loaded onto them, basically got off scot-free to another owner thanks to the bank. Sounds like Everton's loans are to more shady operators or someone with ambition could be in there picking it up on the cheap like Fenway did.

Liverpool like Glasgow has a sectarian divide. Unlike Glasgow it doesn't manifest itself in supporting one team or the other.
The guys I know and the Rangers connection is more important to me than a mob of unwashed plastic Paddies singing about what they'd throw in the Mersey blue tbh
Agree with this.Ended up in a hotel one night with about 40 scousers,amongst them there were Everton fans who were Rangers fans and members of the loyal orders.Great bunch of lads

Will a further points deduction happen?
if so will they be relegated?
There’s a cut off point during this season where points can’t be deducted & they’re taken off at the start of the next one. I think it’s sometime during May so they’ll probably try & spin this out beyond that. They’re currently appealing a 2 point deduction which should be sorted before this season ends.

There’s a cut off point during this season where points can’t be deducted & they’re taken off at the start of the next one. I think it’s sometime during May so they’ll probably try & spin this out beyond that. They’re currently appealing a 2 point deduction which should be sorted before this season ends.
If that happens the relegated clubs will try and take it to court

As I’ve said previously it seems quiet on the news

Once upon a long time ago, football was a simple game between 22 men kicking a leather ball around the pitch, 3 O'clock every Saturday up and down the land, a welcome diversion for fans from the daily pressures of life.

And now we've come to this:

Clubs have always went out of business though.

The Everton fans that pay their money every game made none of these totally ridiculous decisions on signing players.

They could go through what we went through. That is very sad and feel sorry for them. They won’t face the outright hatred we did though.
Those same Everton fans hounded out ex Chairman Kenwright as he ran the club sensibly. They’ve are now getting exactly what they wished for

No time for Scousers whether they are Red or Blue!

Something that sadly gets forgotten by some. Coming from Rangers fans make it even worse. Time is not a great healer in this case, but the main thing is we survived. Could easily have been the other way

There's another thread on here about schalke, it just isn't the epl this is happening. It's ruthless business men who have no affiliation to the club or even understand what being a fan is about or even care. When big cubs in Europe are happy to finish 4th in the League for the cl prize, that is a great example of f**k the fans, just get the money first, trophies can wait.
Exactly mate. People see the rotten fringe of a fanbase and forget there’s grown men who’ve dreamed all their lives of taking their kids to the games and passing on the tradition, being robbed of that by fat greedy cunts who care only for money.

Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. Football is well and truly gone from the hands of its working class origins.

Those same Everton fans hounded out ex Chairman Kenwright as he ran the club sensibly. They’ve are now getting exactly what they wished for

No time for Scousers whether they are Red or Blue!

Yep. The Everton fans hated Kenwright claiming he was 'holding them back'.

Clear as day he was the only thing at that club preventing them turning into another Leeds Utd.

777 got their fingers involved in a number of clubs across the globe.

Standard Liege are one of their clubs and are also in deep bother. They haven't paid taxes etc

Hertha Berlin are not healthy either

a wee bit further info on this

777 Partners-owned Standard Liège post losses of €20m+​

3rd January 2024
Standard-Liege.jpg

January 3 – Belgian club Standard Liège have posted more than €20 million in losses for the 2022-23 season, bringing further damages to its finances and threatening the club’s future.
On Wednesday, the club’s accounts were published by Belgium’s national bank, revealing a loss of €20.3 million, topping the €20.2 million loss in the 2021-22 season. Club debts has risen to €24 million.

The new loss falls under the new ownership of 777 Partners, who had promised to reduce the debt burden.

A few weeks ago, Belgian football authorities slapped Standard with a transfer ban after the club failed to pay transfer fees, bonuses, VAT and social insurance contributions, before revoking the decision.

In March 2022, 777 Partners took over the Belgian club, but controversy remains over the liquidity of the American investment fund. The club’s fans protested last September over what they perceived to be a lack of investment and ambition.

777 Partners acquired a majority stake in Hertha Berlin last March as it has built a multi-club ownership platform. Brazil’s Vasco da Gama, France’s Red Star and Italy’s Genoa are other clubs in its portfolio. The investment fund is also in trouble in Italy after an independent arbitrator ruled in favour of Genoa’s former owner in a financial dispute with the new owners.

In the UK, the Americans have moved closer to a $685 million takeover of Everton after their bid received clearance from the Financial Conduct Authority.

Standard sit in 9th place in the Belgian top tier with 20 points from 23 matches.
Contact the writer of this story at moc.llabtoofdlrowedisni@itnuk.ardnimas

Compare and contrast Everton against Brighton - mad - mind you i remember my mate travelling to Withdean and Kent during their troubles

Debt ridden Standard Liege hire Ivan Leko in bid for improved fortune​

4th January 2024
Screenshot-2024-01-04-at-16.07.37.png

January 4 – Croatian Ivan Leko has become the new manager of Belgian club Standard Liège, a day after the club revealed another €20 million loss in its accounts for the 2022/23 season.

The appointment by the Walloon club comes four days after the dismissal of Carl Hoefkens. The Croatian has a good track record in Belgium after impressing with OH Leuven, winning the league with Club Brugge and the cup with Antwerp. His last gig with Hajduk Split at home in Croatia ended however prematurely.

On Saturday, Standard head for Marbella, Spain, to stage their winter camp, allowing Leko to assess his squad and tweak the team.

He will make his league debut on January 20 at home against KV Kortrijk. Liège currently sit in 9th position in the Belgian league table and yet remain one of the country’s most iconic clubs.
The club’s accounts on Wednesday revealed a loss of €20.3 million, topping the €20.2 million loss in the 2021-22 season. Club debts have risen to €24 million.

Last year, Standard Liège became a part of the 777 Partners portfolio, but doubts have been cast over the liquidity of the American investment fund, which is seeking to add Premier League club Everton to its stable.

Contact the writer of this story at moc.llabtoofdlrowedisni@itnuk.ardnimas

short documentary with English subtitles available regarding 777 involvement in Hertha Berlin.

briefly covers the issues that Vasco de Gama are having as well.

quite a few clubs could be in the shit.

Exactly mate. People see the rotten fringe of a fanbase and forget there’s grown men who’ve dreamed all their lives of taking their kids to the games and passing on the tradition, being robbed of that by fat greedy cunts who care only for money.

Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. Football is well and truly gone from the hands of its working class origins.
Couldn't agree with you more. Saddens me greatly to see what's happened and we know that feeling too well. I'm in Renfrew just a couple of miles from Ibrox, which makes me lucky when you see how far others travel.

The thought of that building not being there, would have finished me with the game.

Under Moyes they were known as a yo-yo club, one season fighting relegation, the next fighting for a European spot. He was a steady Eddie for them, but since then they have floundered badly.
No they weren’t, In 11 Seasons his 1st and 3rd season you could say they fought relegation.

Everton under Moyes​

2011-12 Seventh

2010-11 Seventh

2009-10 Eighth

2008-09 Fifth

2007-08 Fifth

2006-07 Sixth

2005-06 11th

2004-05 Fourth

2003-04 17th

2002-03 Seventh

2001-02 15th