Every team has these moments

I believe in Eli

It's about how you respond. Walter teams, Alex Ferguson teams, any successful side you care to mention. They've all went to major rivals and taken a spanking at one time or another. What makes them what they are is how they learn the lessons and don't let it happen again.

We are not done yet, let's take our medicine and come back refreshed and ready to turn this around.

It's about how you respond. Walter teams, Alex Ferguson teams, any successful side you care to mention. They've all went to major rivals and taken a spanking at one time or another. What makes them what they are is how they learn the lessons and don't let it happen again.

We are not done yet, let's take our medicine and come back refreshed and ready to turn this around.
You say this as if the fans have any bearing on how the management and players are approaching games.

Throwing out positive posts on a forum isnt going to change the fact that we have a management team that looked utterly haunted last night, which set us up for an utter pumping having overseen a horrendous swing in points, which now sees us trailing the scum after a double digit title win last season.

there are a lot of issues at play - shite recruitment, penny pinching, managerial change, hasty appointment of Gio (dont believe there was a shortlist at all and said it at the time). We are in a fucking terrible place. wake up

You're right about one thing: how we respond. The problem is we're not responding with anything other than the same or worse performances and now results.

Sunday is massive.

Win and we are right back in it.

Lose or draw and we are fucked.

Its been a sobering month.

They lose games. But it’s very rare that champions get scudded like we have. Twice this season we have gone 3-0 down in the first half against domestic teams in Hibs and Celtic. We also went 2-0 down against Aberdeen at home.

Totally alarming. You don’t see this sort of thing happen to champions. The scum don’t go down two or three goals in one half like we do. We crumble. In contrast, they fight until the end and their multiple last minute goals this season are testament to that.

Celtic had to replace an entire squad in the summer (granted they spent about £20m), but they also had their worst start to a season in 20+ years yet they're now sitting above us in the league.

But it wasnt a one off shit performance was it?

Aberdeen, livingston, ross county.

All been far from convincing. This was in the post.

This^^^
Gio, like Gerrard seems clueless as to how to turn things around when we go behind, there's no plan B.
Last night wasn't a 1 off & I feel we'll struggle to bounce back from it. Teams don't fear us.

We’ve been stumbling all season though. This isn’t just a dip.

We got away with slip ups earlier in the season because the tims were struggling too.

Most weeks has been a grind.

I can’t see us suddenly just turning up in February and changing that.

“Moments” and “3 out of 4 games” are two very different things.

We’ve been fairly poor for most of the season, the drop off in the last couple of weeks has been alarming to say the least.

A lot of people just mentioning the recent performances under Gio but let’s be serious;

Hibs away we win 1-0 and it was a really poor performance

Hearts away we won 2-0 but apart from 10 mins of madness and when they went down to 10 men we were extremely poor. Hearts battered us and hit the woodwork a couple times etc.

Dundee Utd at Ibrox we won 1-0 with a penalty and it’s the worst performance at Ibrox I have seen in years.

These bad performance havent just arrived. They have been here from the beginning of Gio’s tenure. People just got carried away. Papering over the cracks comes to mind with the results pre christmas.

Seem to remember we had a run under Walter where Aek Athens, Celtic and Falkirk beat us and we still went on and became champions. People losing their heads too much in my opinion!

Apart from indivbidual failings, and there have ben quite a few. This team has played on the offence under SG, we were set up, drilled to attack teams thats why we encountered the so called low block. But we battled on playing the game in the opponents half for most of the games. Thats the team we have, it's what they were drilled to do. In Scotland we dont need to set up to hold games we should be set up to win them. Teams sense the tactical change, they know that we are going to sit in and now they all attack us instead of us attacking them.

This team are not and never have been a defensive unit, we are not in the Dutch league and scrambling behind Ajax etc. like Feyenoord. We are champions of Scotland because we attacked teams, closed them down in their half, won the ball and scored goals. We didnt win the league by paying undue respect to other teams or playing into thier hands tactically.
GVB seems to have changed this mindset, for the worse. We should be set up to play to our strengths not our weaknesses. This hasnt just happened last night, this has been coming for weeks.

Seem to remember we had a run under Walter where Aek Athens, Celtic and Falkirk beat us and we still went on and became champions. People losing their heads too much in my opinion!
Please stop comparing Gio to Walter.

I beg.

A lot of people just mentioning the recent performances under Gio but let’s be serious;

Hibs away we win 1-0 and it was a really poor performance

Hearts away we won 2-0 but apart from 10 mins of madness and when they went down to 10 men we were extremely poor. Hearts battered us and hit the woodwork a couple times etc.

Dundee Utd at Ibrox we won 1-0 with a penalty and it’s the worst performance at Ibrox I have seen in years.

These bad performance havent just arrived. They have been here from the beginning of Gio’s tenure. People just got carried away. Papering over the cracks comes to mind with the results pre christmas.
Look at the Celtic matches

It is not the one off OF defeat which can happen.

It is the fact we have barely played well all season and have turned into a team that gave the performances we expected last night.

We’ve won 1 trophy of note in a decade. That’s not spoiled. It’s deprived. Especially considering the financial and emotional input from the fans.
This isn’t a one off match, it’s a trend that we’ve gone through since our managerial change and we’ve got away with it in the main.

This place is nuts after dropped points, we know that. But after last night it’s warranted. On everyone. Every single person involved in that last night deserve every ounce of criticism coming their way. It’s up to them to turn it around. That starts with the manager figuring out quickly that his “style” doesn’t fit this club and never will. If he doesn’t figure that out he will find himself unemployed again.

The players have to also realise that regardless of being hamstrung by a managers crazy tactics they are responsible for winning their own battles, coming away having left it all on that park. I genuinely think only Arfield, Jack, Balogun and McGregor can claim to have done that.

As others have said it’s been coming. Ignoring the absolute horror show of last night we’ve been awful at Ross County and Aberdeen, created very little at Hibs before the penalty and struggled over the line at home to an injury hit Dundee Utd and Livi.

We had a good 10-15 mins at Tynecastle but even then they had plenty of chances even when down to ten men.

Livi away has probably been the best performance since GVB took over and even that was a struggle after the early goals

The issue is that this isn’t a moment. If it was only a moment then the nature of it would be concerning but not necessarily worrying. However, this is very much a trend and along with the YET AGAIN post winter break collapse is very much worrying. So much so that I fear a failure to play convincingly and get victories in the next two games could see the support become extremely disgruntled.

Failure by management and players to address issues such as the persistent slow passing across the back four allowing the opposition to get themselves set in their defensive shell and continual playing backward without even looking whether they can move forward, will inevitably bring instant outrage from the support, which will undoubtedly have an adverse effect.

It’s not been a moment though, it’s been all season we’ve scraped past in most games, but last night was a shambles from the start, we had no fight no passion it looked like we didn’t even have a game plan, if we had went out and gave 100% and got beat I could accept that but what I seen last night was terrible, I don’t think we even made a crunching challenge on anyone of them

We had one not that long ago in a cup semi final, that should have been it for the season, same players let us down again.

Plus we have ben pish for most of the season.

The alarm bells started when we lost 2 goals in one half v 10 men against Malmo

As others have said it’s been coming. Ignoring the absolute horror show of last night we’ve been awful at Ross County and Aberdeen, created very little at Hibs before the penalty and struggled over the line at home to an injury hit Dundee Utd and Livi.

We had a good 10-15 mins at Tynecastle but even then they had plenty of chances even when down to ten men.

Livi away has probably been the best performance since GVB took over and even that was a struggle after the early goals
Our best performance under GVB was boxing Day. At home. Behind closed doors

We’ve won 1 trophy of note in a decade. That’s not spoiled. It’s deprived. Especially considering the financial and emotional input from the fans.
This isn’t a one off match, it’s a trend that we’ve gone through since our managerial change and we’ve got away with it in the main.

This place is nuts after dropped points, we know that. But after last night it’s warranted. On everyone. Every single person involved in that last night deserve every ounce of criticism coming their way. It’s up to them to turn it around. That starts with the manager figuring out quickly that his “style” doesn’t fit this club and never will. If he doesn’t figure that out he will find himself unemployed again.

The players have to also realise that regardless of being hamstrung by a managers crazy tactics they are responsible for winning their own battles, coming away having left it all on that park. I genuinely think only Arfield, Jack, Balogun and McGregor can claim to have done that.
Great post

Back