Ex-Ibrox starlet Dapo Mebude has revealed he is hopeful of a return to Rangers in his career to be the "main man" at his former club.

MrStruth

Pretty unlikely this will happen but it's good to see he has recovered from the horrific car crash he was in that left him in a coma for days and is back in full training.
-------------

The 22-year-old - who plays for KV Oostende in Belgium - spent his youth career at Rangers before moving onto Watfor in 2021 and then abroad.

However, the forward has admitted a return to his "home" at Rangers is still an ambition is his career.

Mebude did make one appearance for Rangers during his time in Glasgow - in a 2-1 loss to Kilmarnock in 2019 - but was largely involved in the B team and youth sides as he continued his development at the club.

Mebude - whose brother Dire also progressed through the Rangers youth system - told The Athletic: “We spent Christmas together in Belgium.

"It’s the same story as me in that it’s about transitioning into the first team now.

"Hopefully, I will play with him one day. He plays right wing and I play left wing so there is room for two of us.

“One of my goals is to go back to Rangers one day. I would love to be the main man scoring goals at Ibrox. That’s my home.”

The Scotland youth international - who also counts Wimbledon and Queen of the South in his former clubs - hasn't played for Oostende since September.

And Mebude is currently working to improve his fitness and make a remarkable comeback after a horror car crash.

The youngster was in a coma for five days after a freak car accident led to emergency heart surgery.

Thankfully, Mebude survived the terrifying ordeal and is set to return to first-team training next week.

Last edited:
Was it Dapo or Dire who’s attitude was a little off at times ?

As in could’ve worked a lot harder.

One of our own wants to come back. It's always nice to hear. Whether you believe in it or not, no harm in him dreaming and using it to fuel his fire!

wasn't he released? wasn't setting the heather on fire at his loan. His brother seemed to be the most sought after prospect, but he has taken a strange career path too

Hope Dapo gets his career back on track.

I remember him having a great game against Germany a good few years back. The academy players he was coming through with, weren’t particularly good influences when it comes to attitude.

Hopefully a full recovery, awful stuff for anyone to go through - never mind someone so young.

Back