Fabulous result for Linfield so far

Rambo

2-1 up in Montenegro with 15 minutes to go - not an easy place to visit. If it holds out they've got to be favourites to make it to the final qualifying round for the Europa League surely.

Anyone know who they could get?

Think it's the lose of Apoel v Qarabag, and based on the latest in that game, probably Apoel. Come on you Blues!

Detest linfield - but that’s the best result of any Irish league club in Europe

(Apart from Copenhagen at Windsor)
I'm no fan, but whilst it is a magnificent result for them and indeed the entire Irish League, I would not say it's the best result in Europe by an Irish League team.

The Blues beat Man City, the Glens drew home and away with Benfica FFS.

Settle down.:))

FBS

Not a Blueman (in the Linfield sense!) but that is a great result for the club and the Irish League. Well done Blues.

I'm no fan, but whilst it is a magnificent result for them and indeed the entire Irish League, I would not say it's the best result in Europe by an Irish League team.

FBS
Linfield got to the Quarter Finals the year the poets won it.

FBS

The days when Linfield and Glentoran could make the quarter finals of European competition, been a few changes since then. :))

Apparently Linfield world earn around £4 million if they get to the group phase.

Do they have any full time players these days?

The days when Linfield and Glentoran could make the quarter finals of European competition, been a few changes since then. :))

Apparently Linfield world earn around £4 million if they get to the group phase.

Part time training still but some players on full time wage (Hery/Lavery/Kearns/McGivern/Ferguson etc) intention is to go properly full time in next few years with players coming through the academy to stay at home and go full time playing senior football rather than jumping across the water too early and getting lost through the pyramid system of EPL (and Rangers) academies

We did a half arsed attempt at FT football about 10 years ago but learnt from them mistakes and putting a proper plan in place for the next attempt at it

Semi-pro. Planning on going full time. Crusaders are now full time.

FBS

Part time training still but some players on full time wage (Hery/Lavery/Kearns/McGivern/Ferguson etc) intention is to go properly full time in next few years with players coming through the academy to stay at home and go full time playing senior football rather than jumping across the water too early and getting lost through the pyramid system of EPL (and Rangers) academies

We did a half arsed attempt at FT football about 10 years ago but learnt from them mistakes and putting a proper plan in place for the next attempt at it
I know mate, if we get it right this time it will be a huge bonus for us.
If we can nurture the young lads and sell them on for the right price and maybe push forward a bit farther in Europe would be great for us.
Here's hoping anyway.

Back