Facts dont lie murderwell and st Johnstone

whatever way you carve it up

15 wins in 26 league games is awful

murty/pedro levels of awful
It’s difficult to argue with that.
I wouldn’t have said “awful” but, it’s most certainly not good enough.
I can’t agree with your last line though.

whatever way you carve it up

15 wins in 26 league games is awful

murty/pedro levels of awful

26 points dropped over 26 league games. 7 draws with Kilmarnock and Livingston and only Hibs have drawn more, 8.

Not good enough. We finished 12 behind them last season with Caixinha and Murty in charge, it's currently 8 and we go to Easter Road and the piggery in the next 5 weeks.

15 points rather than the 5 or 6 we managed in December for instance?
Yes, well, that’s a few posters told me about the extra points.
Thanks for that.
My reply to this is that you’ll earn fifteen points for any five wins at any point of the season.
You get nothing extra for managing five in a row when it’s not added to anything special throughout the rest of the season.

Thanks for that.
My reply to this is that you’ll earn fifteen points for any five wins at any point of the season.
You get nothing extra for managing five in a row when it’s not added to anything special throughout the rest of the season.
I get that but to even put a run of 5 wins together would surely give any team a boost? Put it this way I'd rather go on 4or 5 runs of winning 4 or 5 in a row than the absolute insane form we have witnessed this season, n not being funny, as the op pointed out if motherwell or st Johnstone can do it, how the %^*& can we not? This has been going on for seasons now, we can't win anymore than 3 games on the bounce.

4:0 easy, Candeais will look like a world beater and this place will be bearable for the next 72 hours

They've won 6/6 since we beat them on the 29th.

Ah, yes, they have, couldn't quite remember how many league matches had been played.

This far in and only just getting there tells us what sort of season it has been.

This isn't an excuse or something to hide behind, just an observation. Ourselves and that lot have lost 4 games, so it's been draws killing us.

Ah, yes, they have, couldn't quite remember how many league matches had been played.

This far in and only just getting there tells us what sort of season it has been.

This isn't an excuse or something to hide behind, just an observation. Ourselves and that lot have lost 4 games, so it's been draws killing us.

Drawn 7, same as Kilmarnock, Livingston and only Hibs have more - 8.

See all the people quoting motherwell and others results x amount of defeats etc ...
Your missing the point that is what mid table teams are inconsistent up and down .

The point is despite them being utter shite !

They have been able to win at least 5 games in a row .... us with our much better everything inc analysis fitness tactic coaches etc .... have not been able to .

Regardless if a team parks 10 men in their 18 yard box for 90 mins .

To many making excuses we are all agreed
I hope its not good enough the root os how long do we just accept it the rest of the season and next is 2 years enough time to decide.. because there has to be a tipping point .

Just reading through the comments it really is depressing the situation we are in.

At this rate we might be even further away points wise this season against a very average Celtic side.

Not enough leaders and winners in our team and sadly Davis who we thought would make a huge difference has been simply terrible, its not like me to say that about a player after a few games but he has been terrible !

Without Morelos we are clueless

Just a quick point how many people here think we can breeze past kille on Wednesday.

Anybody who thinks we will is very optimistic.. the cup would do us all this year but imagine in days past not being confident we could not see off Kilmarnock at Ibrox ... that is the real point and thats were we have been the last 2/3years .

I would have hoped we cojld have progressed past that level of hope .

* * probably win 5 zip ****

I hope

There is no question that our main problem is inconsistency. Gerrard is as fed up with it as we all are. Unfortunately as we have team that lacks character, and don’t have the magic to turn draws into wins, we are stuck in a hard place. Not sure how we solve that one without winners.

Both these mid table spl teams with fractions of our budget have put together
5 game win streaks in spl this season murderwell on 6 at moment.

There is no excuse anybody can give me to protect our management for not being able to achive or match this .
This is were we are and somethings got to change .. otherwise it's not ending well .

Anybody who watched the dross yesterday can't be in anyway confident we have the tools to beat kille on Wednesday.

If there switched on yes no problem but Stevie g seems not to be able to flick the switch every week .
Gerrard will be under enormous pressure if Kilmarnock knock us out midweek.

Have that lot went on that sort of run this season?

I read today it's only been Motherwell and St Johnstone who have.

This hasn't been a normal season by any stretch.

Does it matter, they're running away with the league again.

Therefore it's the lack of a decent winning run that has cost us any chance of a challenge.

Some of the sh.it that some are posting to disagree with the OP is just laughable.

Every other team playing us treat it as thier Cup final, we are Rangers

Yesterday was the worst game I've ever had to sit through and it wasn't nearly good enough I'm sick of Gerrards press conferences where he gets praised for saying the right things, get these players u brought in doing it, most of the time they hardly even look like they have been coached, I'm sick of it how long has it been since we won a trophy....... We are Rangers this is not good enough

Every other team playing us treat it as thier Cup final, we are Rangers

Yesterday was the worst game I've ever had to sit through and it wasn't nearly good enough I'm sick of Gerrards press conferences where he gets praised for saying the right things, get these players u brought in doing it, most of the time they hardly even look like they have been coached, I'm sick of it how long has it been since we won a trophy....... We are Rangers this is not good enough
You're almost right. St Johnstone were dogshit and we weren't much better. In fact Fods save and crossbar considered, they came closer to winning. I didn't see them play like cup final. Same when we lost to sheep at Ibrox. Our effort, desire and performance are the issue.

You are like a broken down record on this. we are well aware you don’t like Mark Allen for reasons best known to yourself

Oh dear. Hit a nerve have I?

My concern is he's not up to the job. Im basing this on his bullshit interviews and his scouting and recruitment. Im posting because I dont think it's fair to blame Gerrard as MA is supposed to be identifying certain types of players that wont need replaced if we change managers. That's what we were told when we recruited our DOF.

What is it you get for winning five games in a row again?

Eight points clear at the top of the league going by recent events mate. In the five games back since the break we've dropped five points they've not even lost a goal. A run of wins can put pressure on opponents, it's that simple, and we've neen nowhere near consisitent enough.

Oh dear. Hit a nerve have I?

My concern is he's not up to the job. Im basing this on his bullshit interviews and his scouting and recruitment. Im posting because I dont think it's fair to blame Gerrard as MA is supposed to be identifying certain types of players that wont need replaced if we change managers. That's what we were told when we recruited our DOF.
The manager has the final say on signings,i don’t recall anybody saying that we had major concerns over the recruitment of players and the vast majority on here were praising Mark Allen

Celtic have just gone on their first 6 game winning run and most of us have conceded the league, had we done that at the beginning of the season who knows where we'd be?

Thanks for that.
You have to be trying to wind folk up?
If this team was capable of longer winning runs, our points total would be higher. So whilst you promote the notion that winning runs means nothing, you are WRONG. This ain't Motherwell we are talking about. Sustained winning runs in a team like Rangers or Celtic means an accumulative higher points total is achieved over the season. There is no if's, buts or maybes about that.

Celtic have just gone on their first 6 game winning run and most of us have conceded the league, had we done that at the beginning of the season who knows where we'd be?

But we never and we don't look capable.

We've got Hamilton & Dundee in our next 2 league games, after that we've got Hibs, Celtic, Hearts, Kilmarnock all before the split.

Our domestic form has been criminal and our run in looks difficult.

I’ll bet you St Johnstone and Motherwell don’t have to play against 11 men behind the ball every week.

I’m not using it as an excuse but it’s hard to break down teams which compact space, we should know we did exactly the same against Ufa and Villarreal to name but two. When you lack quality and a cutting edge it’s difficult to win games.

Better get used to it as yesterday won’t be the last time you see us struggle to break down well drilled sides.

Exactly. Particularly when Alfredo is suspended or injured.

We still lack that but of guile that gets you wins in those type of matches

But we never and we don't look capable.

We've got Hamilton & Dundee in our next 2 league games, after that we've got Hibs, Celtic, Hearts, Kilmarnock all before the split.

Our domestic form has been criminal and our run in looks difficult.
I completely agree mate.

My point is they are rotten, and we have managed to let them coast it. They have only been playing well since the break and that is enough for them to win the league because we let them.

We have quality but no depth in the squad. When Arfield or Morelos are out we are incapable of winning a game. Chronic.

You have to be trying to wind folk up?
If this team was capable of longer winning runs, our points total would be higher. So whilst you promote the notion that winning runs means nothing, you are WRONG. This ain't Motherwell we are talking about. Sustained winning runs in a team like Rangers or Celtic means an accumulative higher points total is achieved over the season. There is no if's, buts or maybes about that.
I wasn’t talking of sustained runs.
I know the advantages of this.
My point is twofold.
Firstly, five wins in a row means precious little when you’ve won only ten out of twenty.
Put it this way, a five/six-in-a-row winning sequence or five point clear in second place.
Not for the first time, some posters cite selected facts to make their point.
For example, you’ll probably remember only two away wins since last Jelember, we had won three games in a row since the war, we had beaten a top six team this season.
This one was brought up the week Hearts dropped out of the top six.
This brings me to point two.
Why does this happen?
Does the poster want Gerrard out but doesn’t want to actually say it?
Is the poster a lurker?
This is what I ask when I read op’s like this one.
I have no problem reading that we were rubbish on Saturday.
That we’re too inconsistent.
Etc. Etc.
I agree but I’d never call our team “dug meat” as one did yesterday.
I get infuriated though by, as I’ve posted, creative statistics, especially when, in isolation, they mean zilch and there is a bigger, more important stat just as readily available.

You don’t get anything for wee sequences.
They’re not important.
The league is played over thirty eight games and not wee five or six game purple patches.
Is that over your head?

Edit: I shouldn’t have said “not important”.
What I really meant is that you get nothing for them unless they’re added to other purple patches.
damn you talk some shite

Both these mid table spl teams with fractions of our budget have put together
5 game win streaks in spl this season murderwell on 6 at moment.

There is no excuse anybody can give me to protect our management for not being able to achive or match this .
This is were we are and somethings got to change .. otherwise it's not ending well .

Anybody who watched the dross yesterday can't be in anyway confident we have the tools to beat kille on Wednesday.

If there switched on yes no problem but Stevie g seems not to be able to flick the switch every week .

It's not the best way to look at it since Motherwell's winning streak of 6 matches accounts for more than half of their total victories for the entire season.

Both M'well and St J are on 11 wins from 26 matches, with 12 and 10 defeats respectively.

The one thing I will say about a run of wins for us would be that it would have built up great momentum and would have added incredible pressure on Them.

Motherwell are indeed on a very good run. Worth pointing out though that Hearts are the only top 6 side they've faced: Hamilton, Hibs, Livingston, St Mirren, Hearts - and they have a Scottish Cup defeat to Championship side Ross County in the middle of it. Prior to that run they had 1 win in 7. Their schedule gets a lot tougher in the next run of matches.

[QUOTE="tazzabear, post: 3127468,
Does the poster want Gerrard out but doesn’t want to actually say it?
Is the poster a lurker?
This is what I ask when I read op’s .[/QUOTE]

ffakesake I'm a lurker and now a poet you can meet me at any home game you.like if you take time to read my other replies I have explained my view on Gerrard.

why is my view my opinion not valid because you say so ...away and drink your own piss.

My view is as vaild as yours and breaking it down to the very.basic level.

We are not IN MY OPINION doing well enough for the time money and effort by the board.

Stevie g cannot be forever not allowed to be criticised and to me he should be further forward based on all his advantages.

On top of this id argue he's not learning and starting (on at least 3 occasions) to repeat mistakes.

A some point you have to say the handful of shit you have is a handful of shit not maybe a handful of.mud maybe it's chocolate takes some a bit longer that's all .

I know we all want a bit of instant success and the league maybe a step to far within a season or two but a cup should not be the fact we seem to be treading water against teams we play on a regular.basis is a big fucking worry to this BEAR.

You don’t get anything for wee sequences.
They’re not important.
The league is played over thirty eight games and not wee five or six game purple patches.
Is that over your head?

Edit: I shouldn’t have said “not important”.
What I really meant is that you get nothing for them unless they’re added to other purple patches.

Nonsense. If we had put a run like that together the papes would be going to places like Kilmarnock under real pressure. They had a shit midweek and were low on confidence. Our result galvanised them all the way to a last minute winner.

Back