Famous Rangers fans.

I know, but theres more proddys than tims at them.
Called protestant schools back in the 70s when i went.
Dumbing down of the protestant faith if you ask me.
It was only ever kids that called them proddy schools. They've always been non-demoninational. You're right though, there's definitely more Protestants than Catholics at them, not that very many people give a toss about religion these days.

The most scandalous thing I’ve read on here. Uilly the drummer is a massive bluenose, the other two aren’t particularly football fans. Great band!
Glad to hear Boydie isn’t a mentally challenged, or Innes either. Must admit I was surprised to see a big Stornoway mentally challenged banner at the semi final.

It was only ever kids that called them proddy schools. They've always been non-demoninational. You're right though, there's definitely more Protestants than Catholics at them, not that very many people give a toss about religion these days.
Catholics dont go to non denominational schools unless there rogues and cant get into a RC school or get barred from one.
As for prods v tims at a non denominational school its at least 10 to 1 imo.

Catholics dont go to non denominational schools unless there rogues and cant get into a RC school or get barred from one.
As for prods v tims at a non denominational school its at least 10 to 1 imo.
That's nonsense. Plenty of Catholics at our non-denominational secondaries in the Garnock Valley and Largs. It saves them travelling to St Matthews in Saltcoats.

That's nonsense. Plenty of Catholics at our non-denominational secondaries in the Garnock Valley and Largs. It saves them travelling to St Matthews in Saltcoats.
No idea, but this is nonsense.

"Catholics dont go to non denominational schools unless there rogues and cant get into a RC school or get barred from one."
We should call the RC schools , separation schools , apartheid , bigot factories.

I don't like untruths being posted. Not every Catholic kid lives next door to a Catholic secondary, so a lot of them will just go to the nearest Secondary, regardless if it's a Catholic school or not.
What happens in your neck of the woods is different in my area.
So its not nonsense to me.
I started school in 71 leaving in 82, no doubt a bit different then.
Heres one for you, a bitter tim that worked with me , stayed virtually next to Boclair academy in Bearsden.
No doubt a good school, nice kids whose parents work in good jobs.
What does he do, sends the kids to a RC bigot school in the Maryhill area.

I remember a story about Van Morrison out drinking in Glasgow with Gazza and other players during that era. Not sure how much to read into that … maybe some of our Belfast contributors will know.
I've never heard Van Morrison say anything about football, let alone Rangers . The presumption being hes from East Belfast so must be a Rangers fan .

Glad to hear Boydie isn’t a mentally challenged, or Innes either. Must admit I was surprised to see a big Stornoway mentally challenged banner at the semi final.
There’s riff raff everywhere. And as a former ally in many ways of the Dublin loyal, behind enemy lines, it happens. But don’t fret. Stornoway and Lewis are Rangers to the core!

Heres one for you, a bitter tim that worked with me , stayed virtually next to Boclair academy in Bearsden.
It's all about catchment areas,postcodes & spaces now,in my area of North Glasgow there is a choice of 5 schools ,3 non Dom & 2 Catholic,you get a pick of 3,so if the Catholic ones have no spaces they will go to a non Dom.

You said every RC kid, I merely pointed out that was nonsense.

It’s a double edged sword now , there’s no Bigot factory in my home town anymore… but in recent years the most renown rabid mick families have infiltrated and poisoned the local non doms with their snp political and pro terrorist agendas at primary school level rather than send their breed further afield to an apartheid school.
They get involved in every PTA and other groups

Derek Forbes ex simple minds etc is a good guy I believe
100% he is.

Im not of their era but we done pile of work at his house and he took my dad and I into his memorabilia room to show all his simple minds and rangers stuff.

Told us he left as he hated Jim Kerr for being a ***.

He’s good pals with Ally and Archie Knox and used to go on the pre season tours with them.

Staunch as they come!

I don't like untruths being posted. Not every Catholic kid lives next door to a Catholic secondary, so a lot of them will just go to the nearest Secondary, regardless if it's a Catholic school or not.
That’s your experience.
When I grew up in Glasgow Protestants went to non denominational schools, catholics went to catholic schools.
Maybe Largs is different

That’s your experience.
When I grew up in Glasgow Protestants went to non denominational schools, catholics went to catholic schools.
Maybe Largs is different
Them in Largs virtually all go to the non denominational school rather than travel to the bigot factory in Saltcoats. But they still insist on having their own primary school.

I also know some tims who want all children to be educated together and don't agree with segregation and send their children to non denominational schools..

Them in Largs virtually all go to the non denominational school rather than travel to the bigot factory in Saltcoats. But they still insist on having their own primary school.

No one ever mentions the additional costs involved in having separate schools. Even if they did they wouldnt be honest enough to say that ALL of these additional costs are due to RCs demanding separate schools.

Take transport as an example. Non denom' kids travelling to a non denom' school when there is an RC school closeby should be costed against the RC school and not the non denom' one as the only reason for the travel cost is because the nearest school isnt non sectarian.

Dr Who? David Tennant…or

An up and coming band, recent top 20 uk album. Supported Deacon Blue at Edinburgh Castle. 50k following on Facebook. I’m sure you could Google search for more info.

Fergus Munro is that famous that 99% of the population would need to google him to find out who he is.

Maybe in time he'll become well known, but I'm afraid your idea of famous differs greatly from mine.

That’s your experience.
Maybe Largs is different
If you'd read his post properly, he said ALL Catholic kids. I only pointed out that he was talking nonsense.

Their bass player used to sit a couple of seats along from me in the Govan Rear along with their manager, Dougie Souness. He always used to wear one of those half and half Rangers and England umbro tops.

DId a bit of work for Dougie a few years ago. Definitely a bluenose and quite an interesting guy. Was always up for a chat anytime he came in.

Hollywood actor Patrick Dempsey has been pictured with his kids and they all had our top on at a kids football match.
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/greys-anatomy-star-patrick-dempsey-11381261
JS90804258.jpg

Back