Fan agitation seeping through to players

The 2nd half collapse against Motherwell and the sudden announcement of this Sydney farce, I feel riled our support to the point of mutiny but we need to rise above it for the sake of the club's progress

Since the old firm defeat we have beaten Hearts, Hibs and St Johnstone away without conceding a goal and have beaten Dortmund comfortably over 2 legs to reach the last 16 of the Europa.

People forget we were less than convincing in our last 5 games against St Johnstone prior to last night so a win and clean sheet should be welcomed.
In our last 5 games against hearts we failed to win in 3 of them and we all know our record against Hibs.
The 2 performances vs Dortmund were superb and the game against dundee utd was just one of those days as the performance itself was excellent at times.

Last nights effort and the performance from the moment Motherwell scored their 1st on Sunday was so nervy but why wouldn't it be when you consider how agitated we as fans have become in the stands and how empty our stadium is when we badly need a goal. How much more pressure do these players need on their shoulders?

The reality is Celtic have been awful since the Motherwell 4-0 game and I'm reading celtic fans saying it's like watching a lennon side of late. They are genuinely worried about the next few weeks as that's now 7 games in a row they have struggled.

We need to give ourselves a shake and get behind this Rangers team. Yes they've made mistakes up to this point but a good win at home to Aberdeen will put massive pressure on Celtic against Livi. They then play a Ross County team who over their last 20 games, bar Rangers and Celtic, have picked up more pnts than any other team in the league. They've then got us!

I've been angry and irritable of late but ive quickly realised it's counter productive publicly venting about performances, managerial decisions and the players mentality for days on end. We need to find it in ourself to rise above this new emotion that we're actually in a title race because Celtic will 100% have the potential to collapse here.

Logic would tell you the pressure should be on their shoulders not ours. Celtic spent £25m this season to improve on team that they've already spent £40m + on over the past 10 years. In contrast our entire squad cost £23m to put together. We've got no right to expect a clear run at this campaign and we need to adopt that mentality to get through the next couple of months
This is the best post I've read on this forum for ages. With all that's going on, we need to be upbeat, positive and above all support our team at every opportunity. We've got every chance of winning the league (and more) this season. So come on Bears, we are Rangers. Forget all the negativity and get behind our team for a big push from now until a hopefully victorious end of season!

Last night's result demonstrated that the team can knuckle down and fight for a win under pressure without playing with any flair. Every game from here on in will see the same pressure against better opposition. The team need to be able to fight and play better.

A lot of negatives being said about last night, but it was nice to actually gut out a win on the road.

Hopefully we don't have to do it very often, but I'll take 10 boring as hell and dour performances to win this title. This is when the pressure matters. Time will tell who has the bottle to win this title.

That would be really plausible….

…..if most of them didn’t have a lengthy track record of shitting themselves at a real challenge.

Players win titles not fans, if the players turn up and show they're hungry for this title they'll have my full support.
Since the old firm defeat they have..

Thumped hearts 5-0, took care of Hibs 2-0, got the job done 3-0 at Annan.. in a 1st half that could easily have had them all say 'fck this for a carry on).

They go to Dortmund & take 4 off them.. 4.

On any other day they win the game against Utd.. Absolutely. But points dropped..

They finish the job against Dortmund. 1st half against Motherwell all good. 2nd half nowhere near acceptable.

St.J they get the 3 points.

I am still pissed about that 2nd half against Motherwell. Still.

But overall looks like hunger to me...

(Although they have my full support all of the time. So maybe it's just me.)

Let's be honest some of our fans don't know how to support a football team. Some of the shouts / comments you hear from people at times is embarrassing and when things don't go well it must be hard for the players to play with confidence. However that has always been the case with our support and it isn't going to change so the players just need to find a way to cope with it or move on to somewhere where they can pick up their wage with little pressure.
The guy next to me last night was giving it constant “ya c*nt” “fucking idiot” etc etc for the full 90 minutes towards every single player, scunnering standing next to that.

The 2nd half collapse against Motherwell and the sudden announcement of this Sydney farce, I feel riled our support to the point of mutiny but we need to rise above it for the sake of the club's progress

Since the old firm defeat we have beaten Hearts, Hibs and St Johnstone away without conceding a goal and have beaten Dortmund comfortably over 2 legs to reach the last 16 of the Europa.

People forget we were less than convincing in our last 5 games against St Johnstone prior to last night so a win and clean sheet should be welcomed.
In our last 5 games against hearts we failed to win in 3 of them and we all know our record against Hibs.
The 2 performances vs Dortmund were superb and the game against dundee utd was just one of those days as the performance itself was excellent at times.

Last nights effort and the performance from the moment Motherwell scored their 1st on Sunday was so nervy but why wouldn't it be when you consider how agitated we as fans have become in the stands and how empty our stadium is when we badly need a goal. How much more pressure do these players need on their shoulders?

The reality is Celtic have been awful since the Motherwell 4-0 game and I'm reading celtic fans saying it's like watching a lennon side of late. They are genuinely worried about the next few weeks as that's now 7 games in a row they have struggled.

We need to give ourselves a shake and get behind this Rangers team. Yes they've made mistakes up to this point but a good win at home to Aberdeen will put massive pressure on Celtic against Livi. They then play a Ross County team who over their last 20 games, bar Rangers and Celtic, have picked up more pnts than any other team in the league. They've then got us!

I've been angry and irritable of late but ive quickly realised it's counter productive publicly venting about performances, managerial decisions and the players mentality for days on end. We need to find it in ourself to rise above this new emotion that we're actually in a title race because Celtic will 100% have the potential to collapse here.

Logic would tell you the pressure should be on their shoulders not ours. Celtic spent £25m this season to improve on team that they've already spent £40m + on over the past 10 years. In contrast our entire squad cost £23m to put together. We've got no right to expect a clear run at this campaign and we need to adopt that mentality to get through the next couple of months
Excellent post agree with everything there, its getting to the stage i am starting to stay away from a lot of threads because of the negativity, yes motherwell got a point did we down tools? no kept going and got 2 goals disallowed, yes we dropped points at dundee utd again decisions not going our way, personally things have not been going our way all we can do it keep going, and if like last night was boring but got 3 points I will take that, thought they showed some fight last night on what was a terrible surface, but some of the threads my god bit OTT like if we win the title under Gio he still has to go, cannot believe what I read on here some times, but a very good post Govan

Let's be honest some of our fans don't know how to support a football team. Some of the shouts / comments you hear from people at times is embarrassing and when things don't go well it must be hard for the players to play with confidence. However that has always been the case with our support and it isn't going to change so the players just need to find a way to cope with it or move on to somewhere where they can pick up their wage with little pressure.
Are you for real?
How many sets of fans do you know that would have supported their team through what ours did.

I get the sentiment and like the positivity. But not sure about your point stating its harder to score when there's less fans in the stadium at the end of games. Celtic manage it often enough plus we won the league last season with no fans.

Are you for real?
How many sets of fans do you know that would have supported their team through what ours did.
That's correct mate but he does have a separate point about allot of our fans at games being brutally negative and impatient. It's not really an excuse for us not winning games though.

I get the sentiment and like the positivity. But not sure about your point stating its harder to score when there's less fans in the stadium at the end of games. Celtic manage it often enough plus we won the league last season with no fans.
First point , we scored goals and won the league with NO fans in the stadium.
Second point , stats were flagged up last night that Rangers have scored 31 second half goals this season , the most in the league.

More head in the sand stuff. Before last night we were travelling backwards at a rate of knots.

Whilst europe is lovely, we absolutely must win the league this year no questions asked. If fans moan because the same players who have capitulated before, choke again - its well within our rights to.

That said, if we use last night as a circuit breaker, and now go on a run (which we need to) then they'll get our full throated support. We demand better because we deserve better. No excuses.

Im concerned aswell as recent performances in the league have been poor however you'd think it was a 10 point gap. Its only 3 and the tims aren't exactly firing on all cylinders. This is all to play for.

That's correct mate but he does have a separate point about allot of our fans at games being brutally negative and impatient. It's not really an excuse for us not winning games though.
Unfortunately fans express their disappointment in many ways and it may be difficult for some who spend a sizeable portion of their income watching players who earn more than they can dream of going through the motions.

The one season without fan pressure, we pulled off the big one. I know what the problem is, but you’re not allowed to say it.

The point in the OP isn't correct, fans are not to blame for poor performances.

I do get the point about the general atmosphere around the club being on the floor though. However, we're behind Celtic in the league which means everyone gets it.

There's fans who want the captain, manager, a lot of the players, the DOF, the CEO, the Commercial manager and the board all chased. That's fans that don't really like anyone at the club!

Of course that's not a good situation.

Fans agitatition filtering through to players?...Ma baws!!

What came 1st, the chicken or the egg?

It's the fecking players and manager who are fricking riling and agitating the fans.

Excellent post. 9 league games to go with all to play for, so the players and management could do with every bit of backing the support can muster. If the team and Gio fall short, at least the support can say they did their part. That's not always the case sadly.
Thanks for reading it. Most posters jumped on the suggestion I was trying to blame the fans for poor results which isn't at all what I said and in theory doesn't make any sense. It's not us out there playing is it?

We're all anxious about the first close title run in 11 years. We need to find a way to channel that fear and not put any more pressure that's needed onto these players by slaughtering 1-0 wins.

Look at Jack's comments about the Rangers support during the Dortmund game and tell me we can't do that little bit more when the chips are down. We were 2-1 down there and the players rose to the occasion off the back of our support. At 2-2 with 10mins to go vs Well I looked about and the place was empty.

The fans have been brilliant for Rangers and I get the board and certain players haven't performed well enough in the last few months but we 100% need to calm down anf unite behind them all to get through the next 9 games because the alternative is we push the panic button and everyones collapses

Celtic are still there to be taken.

B
The point in the OP isn't correct, fans are not to blame for poor performances.

I do get the point about the general atmosphere around the club being on the floor though. However, we're behind Celtic in the league which means everyone gets it.

There's fans who want the captain, manager, a lot of the players, the DOF, the CEO, the Commercial manager and the board all chased. That's fans that don't really like anyone at the club!

Of course that's not a good situation.
Thats thats not my point though. How can fans be blamed for poor performances? It makes no sense.

I'm saying we as fans need to be careful not to press the panic button which as you described is wanting so many key players/staff sacked or dropped.

we need to realise Celtic can and probably should be caught given their form

and that we need to ensure we get behind the players when its needed regardless of previous form given there's still a massive job ahead of them

Thanks for reading it. Most posters jumped on the suggestion I was trying to blame the fans for poor results which isn't at all what I said and in theory doesn't make any sense. It's not us out there playing is it?

We're all anxious about the first close title run in 11 years. We need to find a way to channel that fear and not put any more pressure that's needed onto these players by slaughtering 1-0 wins.

Look at Jack's comments about the Rangers support during the Dortmund game and tell me we can't do that little bit more when the chips are down. We were 2-1 down there and the players rose to the occasion off the back of our support. At 2-2 with 10mins to go vs Well I looked about and the place was empty.

The fans have been brilliant for Rangers and I get the board and certain players haven't performed well enough in the last few months but we 100% need to calm down anf unite behind them all to get through the next 9 games because the alternative is we push the panic button and everyones collapses

Celtic are still there to be taken.
As someone who always stays for 90mins I have been critical in the past of fans leaving early , Sunday however it was difficult to criticise after watching another brutal performance with an all too predictable outcome.

B

Thats thats not my point though. How can fans be blamed for poor performances? It makes no sense.

I'm saying we as fans need to be careful not to press the panic button which as you described is wanting so many key players/staff sacked or dropped.

we need to realise Celtic can and probably should be caught given their form

and that we need to ensure we get behind the players when its needed regardless of previous form given there's still a massive job ahead of them
But while the club trails Celtic in the league there is a prominent shouty bunch that want everything raised to the ground. It will never change.

The club haven't helped with this nonsense friendly.

Mate don't you think there was a reason the filth announced the Ange Homecoming pish this week it's all to coincide with our 150 year anniversary they play the tune & our board dance we really have to get shot of Robertson he is so far out of touch with the Rangers support in not real , f#$k the board they have ruined Saturday for thousands of Rangers supporters

Fans agitatition filtering through to players?...Ma baws!!

What came 1st, the chicken or the egg?

It's the fecking players and manager who are fricking riling and agitating the fans.
Did you feel so strongly about the players or manager after the Dortmund home game? No. We were singing Gio's name loud and proud because we were delighted wih the result and could see consistency in our recent performances. Even though we dropped pnts vs Dundee utd, we could still progress and were still looking good for the league.

The 2nd half in the Motherwell game was a shocker, a missed opportunity and a really poor lapse in concentration and since then we as fans have been raging, then the Sydney game was announced and we were seething. The response since the St Johnstone win has been just as heated.

We need to shelve this going into Saturday. We need to get behind the team and we need to stick with them if it doesn't go to plan in the early stages of the game because the alternative is we self implode

Even if that was true, which it might be. The fans are not to blame for the team playing shite and that crops up all too often. The fans are often an easy target to say they've done something wrong - sometimes they have and deserve to be picked on but in other things, like the team performance, they are not.
Absolutely! But they never want to take the blame for ANYTHING!

Its always on the fans isn’t it? Everything always becomes our fault.

This time it isn’t. Everything leads straight back the board.

Utterly sick of us being blamed for everything now, if we don’t win the league it is NOTHING to do with us.
Well said sir

I didnt want to write this but i am gonna as im sick of reading stuff about the fans. I honestly cant wait till we move on this batch of players. They have let me down so many times. Granted gave us a title which ill always be thankful for. But this is rangers they play for not leicester city. I want doubles,trebles,runs in europe. Not let down every semi final/final. People can take this however just my view.

Jesus F#ck, when are some people going to hold these bottling c#nts accountable and responsible? How come it's always the support's fault, ffs...

It may or not be Gio's fault for poor management and tactics

It may or may not be the board's fault for not producing more funds for players in the last window

It may or may not be the directors of footballs fault for poor judgement on who to sign

It may or may not be the players fault for underachieving when playing the dross that is the rest of the teams in the premier league

But it is 100% not the fans fault
The fans have backed in numbers attending and financially since the worst days of our history

It is both wrong and frankly an insult to blame our support for what is going on on the park and off field with this friendly nonsense amongst other things

Back