Fan Village thoughts?

Aragorn

Got to Ibrox earlier than normal to see what is was all about and thought it was okay, should actually be a regular thing at all our home games and if anything made larger with other activities introduced.

Enjoyed the chats with Marvin and Michael Molls, joined the queue to see the items that will be in the museum, bought a half price 150th shirt for my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed a Hog Roast before the game. A huge step up from the normal steak pie inside Ibrox.

If anything, and i appreciate the Glasgow Council would/could probably block it, it would make sense to hold it on the pitches across from Ibrox where there is more room etc

Got to Ibrox earlier than normal to see what is was all about and thought it was okay, should actually be a regular thing at all our home games and if anything made larger with other activities introduced.

Enjoyed the chats with Marvin and Michael Molls, joined the queue to see the items that will be in the museum, bought a half price 150th shirt for my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed a Hog Roast before the game. A huge step up from the normal steak pie inside Ibrox.

If anything, and i appreciate the Glasgow Council would/could probably block it, it would make sense to hold it on the pitches across from Ibrox where there is more room etc

The idea of it was really good. My wee dude loved getting his face painted and the idea behind the interviews etc. was good, however I couldn’t hear a ‘kin word as the music from DJ bit right next door drowned the interviews out.

Don't get me wrong i liked it but it's definitely in my eyes a trial run to see what the edmiston house will be like.

The interviews and callum's singing was good but due to the music behind it was blasting everyone i was near had problems hearing. if they could iron them out and have it every couple of matches it would be cracking.

I thought it was actually pretty good considering that was effectively a trial run. But that sort of thing should be outside Ibrox for EVERY game and try and get the fans to congregate around the stadium from early on in the day. Rangers must be making money from snack vans wanting to sell food and drink on our property.

For years fans get into Ibrox as late as they can because there is nothing to do around the stadium before it. Mass exodus begins from The Louden Tavern and the subway around 2.45pm.

Being in California now and went to my first NFL game this year (49ers) and the way they milk the fans is subtle but the fans buy into it because there is plenty merchandise available, tours, good food options and the fans turn up 3-4 hours prior to barbecue and have a beer with fellow fans. I met a guy there that’s been doing it with the same guys that he met 15 years ago while tailgating.

Was at the Scotland Georgia game at Ibrox a few years ago and they had a Fanzone set up on those pitches.

Absolutely no reason they couldnt have done so again unless Rangers not on speaking terms with them.

I thought it was good yesterday, but not sure how good it would be on a pissing wet day. Glad I went along early, and they even managed to tempt me to buy the third top that I vowed I wasn't buying :))

It would be interesting if once Edminston House is finished if they could provide some form of after match events. Might solve the problem with so many leaving early if they had something to hang about for after the final whistle.

Was a great idea and the kids seemed to love it. Loads of people are at Ibrox an hour or 2 before kick off anyway with nothing to do.

Weather yesterday definitely helped

I did see a few people commenting on the DJ was too loud to hear the interviews going on stage. Once NEH is built, some of the fanzone options will be in there. The area used yesterday could maybe cover some other things.

I thought it was good yesterday, but not sure how good it would be on a pissing wet day. Glad I went along early, and they even managed to tempt me to buy the third top that I vowed I wasn't buying :))

It would be interesting if once Edminston House is finished if they could provide some form of after match events. Might solve the problem with so many leaving early if they had something to hang about for after the final whistle.
Something to do if you don’t want to sit in the traffic jams for an hour after the final whistle.

Being in California now and went to my first NFL game this year (49ers) and the way they milk the fans is subtle but the fans buy into it because there is plenty merchandise available, tours, good food options and the fans turn up 3-4 hours prior to barbecue and have a beer with fellow fans. I met a guy there that’s been doing it with the same guys that he met 15 years ago while tailgating.
The weather plays a big part in any fan park.

Its a good start, and something that should be happening every game.

City & Germany should be our references for this.

This is the way to go a whole day experience with the museum going to be up and running as well. It is something when clubs like Accrington Stanley put on a better pre match than what Rangers usually do.

Should be a regular occurence

Couldn't really hear the interviews either, needs improved on that front

I read they had a beat the goalie? Couldn't see it, wanted to see if it was a former goalie in nets claim to fame

I think the biggest problem is the area around the stadium, large sloping areas and all of it concrete. It doesn’t look appealing until you see the stadium and apart from where Edminston House is being built there’s no other area that stands out for me where you can have some sort of outdoors interactive area.

GCC should really be open to letting us buy the complex and it’s land. With the right investment that area could be utilised massively on match days but also for us giving back to the community through the maintenance of the site.

Well done gers on putting it on.
grandson beat the goalie,
pop enjoyed the Mikey and marv interviews
marvins ‘ four lads’ :)):)):)):))
no complaints from this grandad.

We should be using the footprint of the stadium more as happened during the commonwealth games. Have the same sort of stuff as yesterday but also sell beer etc. In tents to move money to the club from local pubs - they can get the post match clientele. The area behind the broomy is the best area as it's flatter or behind the govan but we'd need to find somewhere else to park cars I suppose.

Comedians, upcoming local bands, sporting personalities (I’ve seen a pished McCoist on stage there) , bars , restaurants, an area for kids to play FIFA,

There are many people who turn up simply to spend time at City Square on match day
Those are things that can also be done post match to heat off the roads and subway. With somewhere to eat available and the museum open it’ll give people loads of choice.

I got there a bit late it was winding down,I did come across a van with metal copies of the Rangers crest a really quality piece of memorabilia,Think they were the same crowd that did the Ibrox gates that I bought.

It's a whole lot better than what Rangers typically offer on a match day, but agree with calls that I needs to be done properly.

However, the GCC have blocked us at every turn, Aitken the big weapon that she is can't stand the thought.

Those are things that can also be done post match to heat off the roads and subway. With somewhere to eat available and the museum open it’ll give people loads of choice.
The beauty of City Square is it was custom built for this very thing. I don’t know where Rangers could do it on anywhere near the same scale. Obviously the football pitch across from main stand would be a start but GCC have already knocked that back.

It’s Scotland!! It can rain at any time of year. There is very little difference between Manchester and Glasgow weather wise

Idea was good. Struggled to hear a lot of it apart from callum beattie's singing.

Hopefully they'll put speakers around the area.

Don't know who the host was but rangers legend Mols? Good player but not a legend.

Idea was good. Struggled to hear a lot of it apart from callum beattie's singing.

Hopefully they'll put speakers around the area.

Don't know who the host was but rangers legend Mols? Good player but not a legend.
He agreed with you tbf.

Food stalls, bars, stuff for the kids, interviews with past players etc. it’s a superb setup and a fair bit undercover
They used to have a BBQ stall. It sold mostly large sausages and they are a Glasgow based company. They had a stall at St Enoch for the Xmas Fayre

I think we signed some long term rental arrangement with Glasgow Life to use the Ibrox complex but are not allowed to use it for fan zones and alcohol sales.I think now we should go back to them and put down an offer to buy it outright,the council were going to close it anyway,they are totally skint and they hav no legitimate reason to block a sale.

Back