Fans forum report from 4 lads

Fair play to the lad who wasn't happy on RSCs getting a 2000 allocation for semi final and accused RSCs getting 2 bites of the cherry but yet admitted he used to go on a RSC bus also used to be part of " prawn sandwich brigade( his own words ) " but now drives to Ibrox and now thinks these allocations are to large ....... just a tad hypocritical me thinks
That’ll be the same guy who was on every semi-final thread moaning about RSCs I bet

Not when now the same fans now calling it for to be a closed shop for tickets for their hole
To be honest I’m one of the ones affected and had to find an alternate seat as I sat in BF4

Even if I was offered a ticket for their dump I’d refuse as I wouldn’t want to give peado terrorist loving scum my money.

Only way I’ll ever be back at parkhead is if it’s a cup game where we get half the money. As for a league game they can shove it

We took 200k to Manchester and have a stadium that holds 50k.

The majority of our fans can't go to home games.
Manchester was a European final.

When Ally McCoist was manager in league one my son was born and I could choose 2 seats together for me and him for any stand in the stadium for season tickets (I had to move seat) and remember regular attendances at Ibrox being in the 30k's. After the initial sell outs in league 2 it got grim for a bit... Until Warburton came in, then stepped up a gear when Gerrard became manager.

Stood out to me. RSCs offer affordable travel for members that might not be able to get to Ibrox without it. RSCs were taking all sorts of tickets when people weren’t interested in lower leagues and under Warburton and Pedro

Now we’ve got a team that can challenge Celtic the RSC allocation becomes a big deal. Access to Hampden and away tickets is a benefit for the value RSCs bring to the club. I really liked the SLO answer
When I turned 17 I decided I was going to go to as many rangers games as possible.without my nearest rsc (it was the Dundee Loyal at that time) I wouldn’t have got to anywhere close to the amount of games I got to.RSC’s in the north east are a god send to most bears from that part of the country to get to Ibrox never mind away games.

Flip that , what benefit is mygers at all to fans who in bronze or low silver points as they be lucky if get one away game all season or don’t have enough points to qualify for Hampden cut off? As much as they try they still can’t get their numbers up as the bar is always being put up? To now with less away tickets going to be kicking around with livi going down and other teams cutting allocation. However if is a chance to get a scum hut ticket in any tier that’s all club needs to have a lot of fans renewing
How about those fans earn their place in the 5 year loyalty period just like those in Gold have to acheive the potential benefits?

Some folk just don't want to do the hard yards.

When Ally McCoist was manager in league one my son was born and I could choose 2 seats together for me and him for any stand in the stadium for season tickets (I had to move seat) and remember regular attendances at Ibrox being in the 30k's. After the initial sell outs in league 2 it got grim for a bit... Until Warburton came in, then stepped up a gear when Gerrard became manager.
There was around 7000 on away cccs when Pedro was the manager. Double that amount apply for away games now. If you want to go back further there was only around 3000 on it in the lower leagues

How about those fans earn their place in the 5 year loyalty period just like those in Gold have to acheive the potential benefits?

Some folk just don't want to do the hard yards.
Yes and no.

I think Hearts is the only game that should be gold only and any cup allocation of under 1000 should be exclusive to gold. Allocations of 1000-2000 should be gold and silver only in my opinion. But the club don’t see it that way which is fine

There was around 7000 on away cccs when Pedro was the manager. Double that amount apply for away games now. If you want to go back further there was only around 3000 on it in the lower leagues
Spot on mate, and I'm I correct in saying there was only around 4000 in the travel club when we got to final in Manchester?

How much would a multi story cost to build on half of it?

Less than the value of the part being sold?
But then you need to take into consideration the plans any developers who buy the land have in mind, I'm sure if it's housing they won't want to build only for a high rise car park to become the view and a daylight obstruction.

We need the old Ibrox train station brought back into use, the amount of stadium footfall that would cater for would be nothing but advantageous. Not just Rangers but the surrounding area also.

When I turned 17 I decided I was going to go to as many rangers games as possible.without my nearest rsc (it was the Dundee Loyal at that time) I wouldn’t have got to anywhere close to the amount of games I got to.RSC’s in the north east are a god send to most bears from that part of the country to get to Ibrox never mind away games.
If it wasn’t for RSCs here in Northern Ireland I’d say 80% would struggle to get across on a regular basis

Spot on mate, and I'm I correct in saying there was only around 4000 in the travel club when we got to final in Manchester?
I think you’re right. Everyone in the travel club and had a season ticket regardless of points got a ticket for the final.

I was in travel club that year and had a good few points, my mate who had no points but a member of travel club got a ticket which was quite bizzare

Bisgrov£ flinging Greg Marshall under the bus.

We must protect the full Broomloan until the Jolly Bhoys outing lobby come along.

JB – ‘5% from next season, club position is should always be away fans. Zero couldn’t continue, dialogue with Police, Sky, League, we are satisfied with outcome, unfortunate consequence for the fans moving but key focus to ensure they have a number of options’

‘Will be a positive for the spectacle. But we will never go beyond 5%, if we hadn’t engaged another number higher could have been imposed on us which wouldn’t have been acceptable’

GM ‘Fan advisory board were involved in those discussions purely due to time, if we had more time we would have spoken to more fans but we had to move fast’

‘Fan moves are going well, lots of choices. Protecting the full Broomloan was vital to protect the fans’

Yes and no.

I think Hearts is the only game that should be gold only and any cup allocation of under 1000 should be exclusive to gold. Allocations of 1000-2000 should be gold and silver only in my opinion. But the club don’t see it that way which is fine
Not a bad post however they coined this rewarding loyalty and actually don't really do so.

Fair play to the lad who wasn't happy on RSCs getting a 2000 allocation for semi final and accused RSCs getting 2 bites of the cherry but yet admitted he used to go on a RSC bus also used to be part of " prawn sandwich brigade( his own words ) " but now drives to Ibrox and now thinks these allocations are to large ....... just a tad hypocritical me thinks
He actually said he used to be in the “prawn cracker brigade” originally ,before he corrected himself,he was all over the place :oops::)
Then you had the woman who slagged off Mygers as none of her family got a ticket for the Hampden semi final..

Last edited:
He actually said he used to be in the “prawn cracker brigade” originally ,before he corrected himself,he was all over the place.
The you had the woman who slagged off Mygers as none of her family got a ticket for the Hampden semi final..
its not like everyone that has gotten a ticket would be below their point threshold , the RSC allocation operate their own loyalty system within RSCs so its not as if the tickets go to undeserving fans

Thought majority of questions from floor were good and relevant. Natalie and Greg answered and clarified answers well.
Only gripe from me is continuing MyGers gripe of “ never got a ticket so it’s a closed “shop.
If you don’t have a top tier that remains fairly exclusive in numbers, then no point in having a tier system.

Have you completely forgotten about Charles Green, Mike Ashley and his fellow spivs?

He actually said he used to be in the “prawn cracker brigade” originally ,before he corrected himself,he was all over the place :oops::)
Then you had the woman who slagged off Mygers as none of her family got a ticket for the Hampden semi final..
She then added that she actually got some yesterday morning :D

Add in the woman who has been to 14 euro aways but only with her own ticket twice but has used other peoples tickets, it’s suited her to use them before but wants it stopped now, farcical.

Bisgrov£ flinging Greg Marshall under the bus.

We must protect the full Broomloan until the Jolly Bhoys outing lobby come along.

JB – ‘5% from next season, club position is should always be away fans. Zero couldn’t continue, dialogue with Police, Sky, League, we are satisfied with outcome, unfortunate consequence for the fans moving but key focus to ensure they have a number of options’

‘Will be a positive for the spectacle. But we will never go beyond 5%, if we hadn’t engaged another number higher could have been imposed on us which wouldn’t have been acceptable’

GM ‘Fan advisory board were involved in those discussions purely due to time, if we had more time we would have spoken to more fans but we had to move fast’

‘Fan moves are going well, lots of choices. Protecting the full Broomloan was vital to protect the fans’
Bisgrove shouting that we will never go over 5%

I wonder though if we draw each other in the cup will the agreement of 5% still stand or will the cup rules come into place?

Of course I've not but it kind of proves my point that alot of supporters on jump on board during the good or better times.
You will always have people who jump on the bandwagon but I knew many people who gave up their season ticket due to the spivs and reapplied when they got chucked and with Gerrard being such a big name your always going to get lapsed or new supporters appearing. Thats modern football

You will always have people who jump on the bandwagon but I knew many people who gave up their season ticket due to the spivs and reapplied when they got chucked and with Gerrard being such a big name your always going to get lapsed or new supporters appearing. Thats modern football
Season tickets were readily available until Gerrards second season which was 4/5 years after King and co gained control of the club.

I understand many chucked it in protest but the majority of them reappeared in the 2015/16 season. There’s been an influx of fans and interest has risen since Gerrards second season because we were able to challenge Celtic to an extent.

Thought majority of questions from floor were good and relevant. Natalie and Greg answered and clarified answers well.
Only gripe from me is continuing MyGers gripe of “ never got a ticket so it’s a closed “shop.
If you don’t have a top tier that remains fairly exclusive in numbers, then no point in having a tier system.
Exactly. People that moan about it being a closed shop have had the same opportunity to build points over the same time period. The fact is it’s hard to get into gold and so it should be. The ones who are gold are there because they deserve to be

Maybe the 3000 of us should get some sort of priority, tickets for parkhead for example?
Would suit me however some of those fans would’ve boycotted 2014/15 season and were given a new rangers number when they bought one again in 2015/16. Unsure if there would be a mechanism to accurately check it?

Exactly. People that moan about it being a closed shop have had the same opportunity to build points over the same time period. The fact is it’s hard to get into gold and so it should be. The ones who are gold are there because they deserve to be
People want the system to be designed in a way that will benefit them most. The word loyalty is all over the mygers FAQs and it’s explained how you can accrue points. There’s many fans in our support that want a fairness scheme because the penny’s dropped there’s thousands of fans ahead of them. Their opinion would soon change if they had the purchase history to be top 2000 for talking sake

There’s a lot of hypocrisy as can be seen with the question and answer related to RSCs. That was ok in the past when it suited the person but now they drive they want RSC allocations cut according to a post on this thread

Bisgrove shouting that we will never go over 5%

I wonder though if we draw each other in the cup will the agreement of 5% still stand or will the cup rules come into place?

The club will be able to make a pretty valid appeal that anything over an above 5% for a risk game like that could have security/policing implications and they can get out of it that way - as they’ve done in Europe before for lesser allocations.

I don’t know how many times JB has to confirm and put on record we aren’t giving them anymore than 5%. If that changed under his remit then he should be challenged, but until then can we stop wasting time asking him repeatedly?

Fair play to the people that organise the RSC buses for match travel. Still no idea why someone using that service is more deserving of a ticket than someone on more Mygers points though?

It’s not even exclusive any more though. I understand the overall membership numbers have increased since September 2021 however then number of members applying for aways hasn’t significantly jumped up at the same rate. Gold started off with circa 2200 in it and now current numbers signify a 67% increase. Away applications have not increased by this same rate during this period so inflating gold to its current rate took away the exclusivity

I think you’re right. Everyone in the travel club and had a season ticket regardless of points got a ticket for the final.

I was in travel club that year and had a good few points, my mate who had no points but a member of travel club got a ticket which was quite bizzare
We were told on plane coming home from Florence that we all had final tickets

Fair play to the people that organise the RSC buses for match travel. Still no idea why someone using that service is more deserving of a ticket than someone on more Mygers points though?
Without RSCs many fans wouldn’t be able to get to Ibrox meaning they might not be able to renew their ticket. For years RSCs have bought tickets for games at Ibrox and have guaranteed Rangers the sale of the tickets, even if we’re playing pish or the league is done at that point. Numerous times over the years RSCs have been left out of pocket for tickets when there’s low interest in games however Rangers benefit as it’s the RSCs incurring the cost of unsold tickets rather than the club

It’s 20% of an away allocation which is a reduction from what it used to be. Club use % has significantly increased but no one ever seems to address that?

its not like everyone that has gotten a ticket would be below their point threshold , the RSC allocation operate their own loyalty system within RSCs so its not as if the tickets go to undeserving fans
They are quite a few where your chance of getting a ticket depends on how chummy you are with the convenor rather than how many games you go to.

We took 200k to Manchester and have a stadium that holds 50k.

The majority of our fans can't go to home games.

I am not having that.

Other than Celtic, and even then at the back end of last season it was easy enough, nigh on every game can be accessed via some means if people really want to look hard enough and invest in it.

I have a degree of sympathy if it was a Dad trying to take a couple of kids, as getting 3 together might be a struggle on occasion, that aside there are a number of ways for fans to actually get inside the stadium, very few people are actually being locked out.

Not sure what the SeatSub question was all about. It’s fairer and better now than it was previously.

The club will be able to make a pretty valid appeal that anything over an above 5% for a risk game like that could have security/policing implications and they can get out of it that way - as they’ve done in Europe before for lesser allocations.

I don’t know how many times JB has to confirm and put on record we aren’t giving them anymore than 5%. If that changed under his remit then he should be challenged, but until then can we stop wasting time asking him repeatedly?
I don’t think there’s any logical argument against giving them the full broomloan should we draw them at Ibrox in the Scottish cup but definitely won’t be more than 5% in the league

Security/police arrangements would be the same as it was prior to 2018 when the allocation was cut. I know Aberdeen refused a bigger allocation in 2019 due to security grounds but that was due to them having removed an internal barrier

When it comes to these discussions, and the recent return of away tickets I always find it quite staggering how often some wish to go after fans who swallowed the shit, went for years and travelled up and down the country to the absolute f*cking dross and shite holes of football this place has to offer while others claim they couldn't get in the stadium.

It is a staggering sense of entitlement, and not from the people who actually went to games.

We were told on plane coming home from Florence that we all had final tickets
Florence was one of the away games I missed that campaign but remember being told that anyone in travel club was guaranteed a ticket regardless of points. Think that caused a bit of a stir as there was people on 0 points and not even a season ticket holder got a Manchester ticket

I am not having that.

Other than Celtic, and even then at the back end of last season it was easy enough, nigh on every game can be accessed via some means if people really want to look hard enough and invest in it.

I have a degree of sympathy if it was a Dad trying to take a couple of kids, as getting 3 together might be a struggle on occasion, that aside there are a number of ways for fans to actually get inside the stadium, very few people are actually being locked out.
Agreed. I hardly ever go to games now but I managed in the end to get 2 tkts together for PC first game agains Hibs. I had to spend a bit of time on the website but got there in the end.

Without RSCs many fans wouldn’t be able to get to Ibrox meaning they might not be able to renew their ticket. For years RSCs have bought tickets for games at Ibrox and have guaranteed Rangers the sale of the tickets, even if we’re playing pish or the league is done at that point. Numerous times over the years RSCs have been left out of pocket for tickets when there’s low interest in games however Rangers benefit as it’s the RSCs incurring the cost of unsold tickets rather than the club

It’s 20% of an away allocation which is a reduction from what it used to be. Club use % has significantly increased but no one ever seems to address that?
And the ones that went and done the hardyards will be sorted themselves personally through Mygers. So the members that let the clubs down and out of pocket for the low interest games get a chance of the RSC allocations?

And the ones that went and done the hardyards will be sorted themselves personally through Mygers. So the members that let the clubs down and out of pocket for the low interest games get a chance of the RSC allocations?
But they’re not sorted through mygers all the time. You get 5 tickets a season in gold at present. Make mygers top down and remove RSC allocation then, I wonder how many on mygers would lose their shit if that was the compromise?

Regarding your second sentence, they wouldn’t on any bus I’ve ever been on. It’s a points system and those with highest attendance get preference so long as their dues are paid. Any deviation from the points list would result in heated words. That’s thankfully never happened to date

if fans want an example Rangers asked Aberdeen for more tickets for Scottish cup and it was refused so normal league allocation was allocated

Back