Fans forum report from 4 lads

Without RSCs many fans wouldn’t be able to get to Ibrox meaning they might not be able to renew their ticket. For years RSCs have bought tickets for games at Ibrox and have guaranteed Rangers the sale of the tickets, even if we’re playing pish or the league is done at that point. Numerous times over the years RSCs have been left out of pocket for tickets when there’s low interest in games however Rangers benefit as it’s the RSCs incurring the cost of unsold tickets rather than the club

It’s 20% of an away allocation which is a reduction from what it used to be. Club use % has significantly increased but no one ever seems to address that?
semi final is 10% of Rangers allocation , or that was the figures quoted last night at Fans forum

Interested to hear the parking plans because to me selling off a chunk of the albion is such backwards thinking it’s unreal.
I agree. They’re kidding themselves if they think the council will provide an honest and fair assessment in relation to our needs.

The club will be able to make a pretty valid appeal that anything over an above 5% for a risk game like that could have security/policing implications and they can get out of it that way - as they’ve done in Europe before for lesser allocations.

I don’t know how many times JB has to confirm and put on record we aren’t giving them anymore than 5%. If that changed under his remit then he should be challenged, but until then can we stop wasting time asking him repeatedly?
Bisgrov£ also told us the most the Savillers would ever get be the corner, the same as everyone else.

Why should anyone believe anything that comes out of his mouth?

Not sure what the SeatSub question was all about. It’s fairer and better now than it was previously.
100% , there was a thread on here where a guy highlighted how wrong it was , his daughters seat sub ticket got say £36 because he'd seat subbed her old firm ticket which paid for 33% of her Season ticket cost but following season he tried the same trick she got £9 when they went to " game average " seat sub payment and the lad wasn't happy about the change ......

I think people are going to be disappointed if they expect much investment when it comes to parking.

The use of parking is basically discouraged on just about every football teams site you go on, councils and clubs don't really want fans congesting areas, chuck in things like the LEZ in city centers, the use of cars isn't wanted.

As well as that clubs will want foot traffic, we are increasing the number of bars and family areas around the stadium, the chance for people to have a drink, be in the stadium foot fall longer and spend money.

The more likely investment of time from the club will be into trying to find some way to increase public transport links, a car park is just wasted land to the club for most of the year now.

Bisgrov£ also told us the most the Savillers would ever get be the corner, the same as everyone else.

I am with you on this one.
This summer shows the club can and will change things regardless of the fans.
All it's going to take is some bother in the stands or concourse and that'll be the full stand argument back again. Thankfully they moved the UB before this change (coincidence?)

Wish people were honest when it came ro mygers. Just say thr system works fine but it doesnt benefit me becsuse im not in gold so I don't like it
I'm actually relatively happy where I am. High end of Silver which I think is about right. I don't do programme subs, RTV, Euro aways etc
As long as I stay at that top end based on my domestic loyalty then I think it's fair.

She then added that she actually got some yesterday morning :D

Add in the woman who has been to 14 euro aways but only with her own ticket twice but has used other peoples tickets, it’s suited her to use them before but wants it stopped now, farcical.
Or perhaps she would rather have them in her own name and get the points for them instead of someone sitting at home and collecting them.

Or perhaps she would rather have them in her own name and get the points for them instead of someone sitting at home and collecting them.
Perhaps but the reason she was unable to get them in her name is due to not having enough points. It’s a small % of euro travellers that play the game and the impact is overstated. Considering very few games in recent years have remained gold only, the person in question must be quite far down

but maybe still wouldn't have the required amount of points so would still have to rely on other ways of getting tickets which would still be " unfair " , Greg Marshall made a good point last night in regards " user experience " that having 3000+ fans turning up for ticket collection isn't really feasible.

ps, she obviously has really good sources

I am not having that.

Other than Celtic, and even then at the back end of last season it was easy enough, nigh on every game can be accessed via some means if people really want to look hard enough and invest in it.

I have a degree of sympathy if it was a Dad trying to take a couple of kids, as getting 3 together might be a struggle on occasion, that aside there are a number of ways for fans to actually get inside the stadium, very few people are actually being locked out.
Exactly, if you have a handful of contacts you know who go to games regularly you'll get hold of home end tickets easily and that's without even trying to buy them online.

Some people don't want to try though.

Was it not the case that he said at the first CEO forum held that they wouldn't ever get the full Broomloan stand again? A position he reiterated yesterday

Can't remember him saying the 800ish in the corner was going to be the max so I've missed something if he has

Last edited:
But they’re not sorted through mygers all the time. You get 5 tickets a season in gold at present. Make mygers top down and remove RSC allocation then, I wonder how many on mygers would lose their shit if that was the compromise?

Regarding your second sentence, they wouldn’t on any bus I’ve ever been on. It’s a points system and those with highest attendance get preference so long as their dues are paid. Any deviation from the points list would result in heated words. That’s thankfully never happened to date
A lot of us might not even get 5, I'm on 4 and 1 of them was Hibs in the cup so if I don't get St Mirren I'll end the season on 4

if fans want an example Rangers asked Aberdeen for more tickets for Scottish cup and it was refused so normal league allocation was allocated
From memory Aberdeen had configured their ground in a way that meant meeting the 10% cup threshold would result in a breach of their safety certificate.

Which to me was ridiculous. Any team entering the Scottish Cup should have a ground that is fit to accomodate 10%. Otherwise what is the point in having that rule.

Likewise, I'm still on 4 none of which have been category A (St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock). Still have an outside chance of Hearts obviously but not getting my hopes up.
Dundee, St Johnstone, Livingston, Hibs, 3 of them I could have got without mygers, picked up Kilmarnock twice and St Mirren elsewhere this season

if fans want an example Rangers asked Aberdeen for more tickets for Scottish cup and it was refused so normal league allocation was allocated
Not comparable given the security reasons presented was due to Aberdeen removing the internal barrier closest to the half way line whilst we were in the lower leagues

There has been no change to how the broomloan is configured which would prevent them getting a full stand in the Scottish cup

Perhaps but the reason she was unable to get them in her name is due to not having enough points. It’s a small % of euro travellers that play the game and the impact is overstated. Considering very few games in recent years have remained gold only, the person in question must be quite far down
14 euro aways at 15 points each is a fair boost though. People have to get points to climb to qualify for to get more points.

Nobody knows the scale it happens at because it's Impossible to check and it doesn't look like the club care enough to do anything although Prague was a surprise with the amount being turned away. It was easier with the small allocation though.

14 euro aways at 15 points each is a fair boost though. People have to get points to climb to qualify for to get more points.

Nobody knows the scale it happens at because it's Impossible to check and it doesn't look like the club care enough to do anything although Prague was a surprise with the amount being turned away. It was easier with the small allocation though.
Not all the away games have been 15 points as it changed. Also, the person must not have had required points for the first few European games following return to games. Brondby was tight, Belgrade, Lyon and Braga dropped right down. Could’ve got 15 points for all if she wanted to go

Also, what do you expect the club to do? They’d either need to increase staff numbers that travel over to distribute tickets, which would lead to a significant cost, or they’d have to do it over numerous days which would mean fans having to be in the city early. Both are never going to happen

It takes hours to distribute small allocations like Prague. How do you propose they do allocations of 2000+ fans?

A lot of us might not even get 5, I'm on 4 and 1 of them was Hibs in the cup so if I don't get St Mirren I'll end the season on 4
that happened to me last season , 1 less than others that were in gold ....... swings and roundabouts mate

Not all the away games have been 15 points as it changed. Also, the person must not have had required points for the first few European games following return to games. Brondby was tight, Belgrade, Lyon and Braga dropped right down. Could’ve got 15 points for all if she wanted to go

Also, what do you expect the club to do? They’d either need to increase staff numbers that travel over to distribute tickets, which would lead to a significant cost, or they’d have to do it over numerous days which would mean fans having to be in the city early. Both are never going to happen

It takes hours to distribute small allocations like Prague. How do you propose they do allocations of 2000+ fans?
All tickets may drop though if only those going actually bought them. How many expected USG, Servette or Aris to drop to 20 points given the relatively small allocations?

Perhaps she did get points for those games and the 14 were above that. I can't remember how many I've been to during the period but it certainly feels more than that. That's the reason that I started in bronze and am now comfortably in gold.

Who knows how the club police it. The easiest way would be take euro aways out of mygers so the extra points are worthless unless you go to euro aways or only do collection for a percentage and be strict with Draconian penalties such as booted off the scheme as they have paid lip service to. It only takes all day because that's the time period allowed, most of the time I've picked up tickets abroad there's been a handful of people doing it at the same time but more appear the later in the day. Other big clubs appear to manage it apparently.

At the end of the day though I doubt that the club care enough as long as they get the money and those at the top won't care as long as they get the tickets and points and I probably include myself in that.

100% , there was a thread on here where a guy highlighted how wrong it was , his daughters seat sub ticket got say £36 because he'd seat subbed her old firm ticket which paid for 33% of her Season ticket cost but following season he tried the same trick she got £9 when they went to " game average " seat sub payment and the lad wasn't happy about the change ......
Aye I remeber reading that thread. It was bizarre.

and then you have to factor in most clubs are moving with the technology and investing in QR codes or print at home tickets

All tickets may drop though if only those going actually bought them. How many expected USG, Servette or Aris to drop to 20 points given the relatively small allocations?

Perhaps she did get points for those games and the 14 were above that. I can't remember how many I've been to during the period but it certainly feels more than that. That's the reason that I started in bronze and am now comfortably in gold.

Who knows how the club police it. The easiest way would be take euro aways out of mygers so the extra points are worthless unless you go to euro aways or only do collection for a percentage and be strict with Draconian penalties such as booted off the scheme as they have paid lip service to. It only takes all day because that's the time period allowed, most of the time I've picked up tickets abroad there's been a handful of people doing it at the same time but more appear the later in the day. Other big clubs appear to manage it apparently.

At the end of the day though I doubt that the club care enough as long as they get the money and those at the top won't care as long as they get the tickets and points and I probably include myself in that.
A percentage of the allocation being city collection would definitely be the best approach but there’s no way the club will ever do full allocation when it’s over 1000. Prague took ages and the allocation was tiny so god knows how bad it would’ve been if there was hundreds more having to collect

Aye I remeber reading that thread. It was bizarre.
lad was raging and was implying club were basically taking the money for themselves , even when fans laid it out that his daughters ST price per game was an average he still wasn't buying it , almost 100% of people replying were on the clubs side but he just couldn't see it

A percentage of the allocation being city collection would definitely be the best approach but there’s no way the club will ever do full allocation when it’s over 1000. Prague took ages and the allocation was tiny so god knows how bad it would’ve been if there was hundreds more having to collect
As I've said, Prague didn't take ages for myself or @clubdeckcharlie as we walked in and picked them up within minutes but that was before 10. We probably spent more time talking to the staff afterwards as it was empty :)) .

I do accept that it can be busy at times especially if buses all arrive at the same time. Ideally something like Betis would be best as minimal club input and they did all the work checking passport numbers.

Wish people were honest when it came ro mygers. Just say thr system works fine but it doesnt benefit me becsuse im not in gold so I don't like it
It's always the same. The only gripes I ever hear against it are from people throwing toys out the pram because they can't personally pick and choose game by game. Back with the old system anyone on the scheme had an equal chance of away games whether it was their first ever foray into away applications, or someone who'd been applying for every game for a decade.

It's really not hard to understand. Folk who are on gold get the most, folk on silver will get less, and folk on bronze will get less again. It's top down for Euro and Hampden. It works exactly as a loyalty scheme should, and for all the naysayers, I've never bought a women's ST or anything like that and since the introduction i've moved from high bronze to high silver, just a few points away from gold, so movement between tiers is totally achievable.

lad was raging and was implying club were basically taking the money for themselves , even when fans laid it out that his daughters ST price per game was an average he still wasn't buying it , almost 100% of people replying were on the clubs side but he just couldn't see it
They had realised the way they were doing it was wrong because some folk were getting far more back than they should have been, his daughters ticket was a prime example of that

Top table are breathing a sigh of relief tonight this was not tomorrow evening.

Below statement and its fruition is even larger than last night.
Summer plans

CR ‘
Recruitment is front and centre of plans, Nils Koppen working hard and very active in the market right now. Succession planning, player contracts and player recruitment is vital for us.

‘Nils has changed structure and set up of the recruitment and that is going very well’

‘A number of targets have already been identified and our intention to bring in players

Back