Fans in the ground

Tony75tfc

Great to see some fans in the stadiums down south ,i wonder if we will follow suit soon ,hopefully nippy krankie will see sense and allow a few thousand inside the ground in next few weeks and months

Was just about to ask this, has there been any update about fans getting back in up here? Surely the majority of Scottish games could start getting supporters back in? On average excluding us, them, both edinburgh clubs and the sheep every other ground in Scotland probably gets 3k or under at games.

Already happening up here in tier 0 or 1

Ross County, Inverness, Eglin City have had fans at games 300 maximum

Aberdeen wanted 1000 next week v Ross County and 2000 v St Johnstone on Boxing Day but it was rejected by the Scottish Government as Aberdeen still tier 2

2000 is ok for clubs such as Brentford who up until this season only had 6k season tickets. (Heard their chairman on TS this morning)

Pointless for a club like ours. 2k a game doesn’t even get all season ticket holders 1 game each for an entire season

2000 is ok for clubs such as Brentford who up until this season only had 6k season tickets. (Heard their chairman on TS this morning)

Pointless for a club like ours. 2k a game doesn’t even get all season ticket holders 1 game each for an entire season

It made a difference in the Arsenal game midweek. I'm sure as soon as Glasgow goes into Tier 1 we'll have 2000 fans in.

It made a difference in the Arsenal game midweek. I'm sure as soon as Glasgow goes into Tier 1 we'll have 2000 fans in.
I’m not saying it doesn’t make a difference. The point I am making is that is doesn’t even guarantee our fans one game each

Of course there will be that issue but it is a start that is upto those in charge agree a certain amount in the ground

Afterall it is better at least getting a chance to get in and use the product you have purchased

Of course there will be that issue but it is a start that is upto those in charge agree a certain amount in the ground

Afterall it better at least getting a chance to get in and use the product you have purchased
Of course it is. Never meant it to sound as negative as it perhaps came across

Has anyone heard any details about how the bigger clubs down South have done it?
I think it will be a logistical nightmare for us. Given the CCCS cup final threads on here I can imagine what it will be like on here!

Nippy has allowed up to 300 in the tier 1 areas. If we are all good little boys then she may up that to 340 in a few months. Absolutely no chance her and the dentist are giving the go ahead for anywhere close to 4000 anytime soon.

Of course it is. Never meant it to sound as negative as it perhaps came across
Not at all mate

Klopp said the same 2000 in 54000 or 2000 in 9000 doesn't make sense but understood it is start at some point they have change the amount maybe on % basis of the ground capacity for the bigger stadiums?

Has anyone heard any details about how the bigger clubs down South have done it?
I think it will be a logistical nightmare for us. Given the CCCS cup final threads on here I can imagine what it will be like on here!

I think a lot of the clubs in the EPL as an example hadn’t sold STs as frankly they didn’t need to with the TV money still pouring in.

Sure I read the Arsenal tickets for the Europa League the other night were first come first served on their website and was a bit of a disaster. Not sure how others are doing it.

Two things we need to bear in mind. Firstly, there are a good number of areas in England where the overall prevalence of COVID is significantly lower than is is in Scotland’s central belt, particularly West Central. Secondly the Scottish government are likely to want the risk of further spread to be very low before any sizeable crowds are allowed. If we get crowds greater than 10% of capacity in Scotland before the end of the season I will be pleasantly surprised.

There’s absolutely no chance the bitter wee boy will allow anyone near our stadiums for a long time yet.

Last edited:
Great to see some fans in the stadiums down south ,i wonder if we will follow suit soon ,hopefully nippy krankie will see sense and allow a few thousand inside the ground in next few weeks and months

It will happen (already is/has)

Depends on the tier of the respective area of the home team.

There will be a couple hundred fans in at our match in Dingwall tomorrow.

Fantastic to see fans back in stadiums down south.

Already happening up here in tier 0 or 1

Ross County, Inverness, Eglin City have had fans at games 300 maximum

Aberdeen wanted 1000 next week v Ross County and 2000 v St Johnstone on Boxing Day but it was rejected by the Scottish Government as Aberdeen still tier 2
Were the sheep the first club to have the 300?

the lower leagues in England were reporting it cost more to run the game with restricted fans than the gate money coming in.

Were the sheep the first club to have the 300?

the lower leagues in England were reporting it cost more to run the game with restricted fans than the gate money coming in.
Both Aberdeen and Ross County had 300 each back in September in the test events

We should been a test event as well until it go it pulled v Dundee United

No doubt there it will cost clubs money as extra measures are put in place

Chelsea fans sound absolutely brutal. Sounds like a high school game in the US, one step away from a Mexican wave.

I find it shocking that some are and some aren’t

Chelsea have a clear example of a sporting advantage compared to the return game at Elland Road and that shouldn’t be allowed.

It’s pretty confusing because there is either a deadly virus or theirs not and having 2000 in a stadium but another 40 mile up the road isn’t

Chelsea have a clear example of a sporting advantage compared to the return game at Elland Road and that shouldn’t be allowed.

It’s pretty confusing because there is either a deadly virus or theirs not and having 2000 in a stadium but another 40 mile up the road isn’t
I saw plenty of masks around peoples necks not covering mouths and noses in the crowd.
People are idiotic and cannot be trusted to behave even in a pandemic never mind the geographic location.

The thing I noticed about the Chelsea game is all the fans were in the one stand and looked pretty close. Surely open the other stands to space them out a bit

They’ll wait till after we play them in January so we don’t have the advantage of having fans
The cases will speak in England to the point where they will be lucky to get their 5 day break over Christmas and IMO I doubt fans being back will last much over the festive period.

mad for us, we will be February or March before we get the lucky 2000

I seen some of the clubs were selling tickets at ridiculous prices just as Chelsea.

Back