FARE alert for Lyon game on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we ever move on/away from the ulster megamix.....
Some pubs make fortunes from the blue pound having these songs on a loop.
Is it time to move on or go loud and proud...

Did Rangers document the faith of every player over those 25 years.?
Are you ashamed of the clubs obvious Protestant/Unionist heritage?
Some of you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Like it or not and it's pretty obvious many in here are new age hug a Tim types that hate it , it's played a large part in making Rangers the size of club it is.

Can people stop saying there's a song "about" Bobby Sands ffs. The Bobby Sands bit is a daft one-line add-on in a song that's f*ck all to do with him. And unless he's somehow been installed as Pope, there's nothing about it that FARE are going to bother with.
Daft? Type that one line add on in here and see how long it lasts.

The song itself has no place in a football stadium.

This is 2021, not the 80s.

You're on this thread as well you absolute weirdo. The atmosphere tonight has to be one of the worst I've experienced in Europe for a long time. Nobody singing. Very strange
Yeh it was , but still Sands got airtime regardless. A terrorist scumbag dead for 40 years sung about more at Ibrox than any other man in history . Have a wee think about that . Horrific

As far as I know his name is mentioned only once in an add on in one of the songs so I think your're going just a little bit over the top to say he gets more airtime than any other person in History.
Full marks for trying though.
He gets sung about at least twice a game , name me one other figure in Rangers history that is sung about even once a game , every game ?

A perpetual redneck and weird obsession for grown men to need and want to sing about a dead terrorist rat from 40 years ago at a Rangers game

You're on this thread as well you absolute weirdo. The atmosphere tonight has to be one of the worst I've experienced in Europe for a long time. Nobody singing. Very strange
It’s not very strange when you’re 2-0 down.
It’s very common.
The atmosphere was fine at the start.

The players need to generate excitement.
Play shite = shite atmosphere. UB’s excepted.

So if I go down my local Presbyterian at 11am on a Sunday, will I hear these songs being sung? I don't remember hearing them during my years of being dragged to church in my youth.
Probably not as it was more jesus ans testimonies

Others dod apologies if you weren't 1 of them.
You've moved the goalposts on this thread though, haven't you?
I haven’t mate I wouldn’t at 8am the day after the game be 100% certain that FARE haven’t come up with anything either. There’s history for chants about the IRA being sanctioned and I wouldn’t put it past them to try and shaft us. We normally hear 24/48 hours after a game. Again I’ve said before even taking UEFA issue aside , I can’t find a single reason why we as fans of Glasgow Rangers need or want to sing about the bloody IRA and dead terrorists from 40 years ago at our football games in 2021 , that’s an opinion I and many others have . If it’s not yours then fine but still not a single reason can be found for it

It annoyed me last night, mentioned it in the match chat and it got pulled. In 2021 what relevance to our club is there for singing about Bobby Sands, the IRA, about building gallows or proclaiming to be volunteers of the UVF?

This is a stain on the club and the Union Bears are seen as the choir leaders, so if it continues then action needs taken.

As a group they are above themselves and need reminded they are not the voice of Rangers fans.

He gets sung about at least twice a game , name me one other figure in Rangers history that is sung about even once a game , every game ?

A perpetual redneck and weird obsession for grown men to need and want to sing about a dead terrorist rat from 40 years ago at a Rangers game

Will Bill Struth do for starters ?

It annoyed me last night, mentioned it in the match chat and it got pulled. In 2021 what relevance to our club is there for singing about Bobby Sands, the IRA, about building gallows or proclaiming to be volunteers of the UVF?

This is a stain on the club and the Union Bears are seen as the choir leaders, so if it continues then action needs taken.

As a group they are above themselves and need reminded they are not the voice of Rangers fans.
The UVF that is sung about was the UVF of the WWI and not the modern day version. Its about how they went to France and fought the Germans. Learn your history

All for The Sash and Derry's Walls, all for our Unionist/pro British identity being celebrated.

Don't want to hear the IRA, the Pope or Bobby Sands being mentioned in song ever again,.

We sing more about the Pope and the IRA than the Tims do FFS.

Either are you to be fair.

All for The Sash and Derry's Walls, all for our Unionist/pro British identity being celebrated.

Don't want to hear the IRA, the Pope or Bobby Sands being mentioned in song ever again,.

When was the Pope mentioned last night? It's very unusual to hear the Pope being mentioned at any game at Ibrox nowadays. Said it yesterday some on here must be sitting in strange time warps that take you back to the 70s/80s Ibrox as what you and others are portraying has no similarities to the Ibrox I go to.

you might be upset then

Daft? Type that one line add on in here and see how long it lasts.

The song itself has no place in a football stadium.

This is 2021, not the 80s.
Yes, daft is exactly what the line "f*ck Bobby Sands, he's deed" is. How would you describe it?

And as for the song itself, no it might not be about football, but you can say that about plenty of songs sung in football stadiums up and down the country. What's Penny Arcade got to do with football?

I'm all for stopping the songs/words that are going to hurt the club, this isn't one of them.

When was the Pope mentioned last night? It's very unusual to hear the Pope being mentioned at any game at Ibrox nowadays. Said it yesterday some on here must be sitting in strange time warps that take you back to the 70s/80s Ibrox as what you and others are portraying has no similarities to the Ibrox I go to.
Come to think about the ira are mentioned once on our song book and it’s in bmg and that is only once.this fantasy idea that we are keeping the name of Bobby sands alive is utter nonsense.btw we sang a lot more songs about him (remember the chicken supper song) well into the 90’s and it’s ridiculing the notion that he was some sort of romantic hero that Irish republicans and there supporters in Scotland like to portray.

The UVF that is sung about was the UVF of the WWI and not the modern day version. Its about how they went to France and fought the Germans. Learn your history
I know my history fine well mate but in 2021 what does this have to do with our club?

It also doesn’t matter what UVF is inferred it’s another opportunity to dig us up and offer “media spin” on it.

This thread has gone a bit bonkers

Everyone behaved themselves last night and the other songs that are causing frustration within this thread were few and far between.

Things are getting better - I believe thats a credit to the vast majority
I agree, the thread was about FARE attending last night and the possibility of us getting in trouble. It never happened, the atmosphere was largely flat and very little was sung full stop!

It’s now went off on its usual tangent. Surely it’s about time for admin to bin this?

I know my history fine well mate but in 2021 what does this have to do with our club?

It also doesn’t matter what UVF is inferred it’s another opportunity to dig us up and offer “media spin” on it.
What does it matter what year it is? Im lost? Should we not have remembrance day?
Let the media spin what they like, when they call out the IRA fan fest every 2nd week at parkhead then I may start to take notice. Until there is parity in reportimg of such things then the MSM can gtf

Yes, daft is exactly what the line "f*ck Bobby Sands, he's deed" is. How would you describe it?

And as for the song itself, no it might not be about football, but you can say that about plenty of songs sung in football stadiums up and down the country. What's Penny Arcade got to do with football?

I'm all for stopping the songs/words that are going to hurt the club, this isn't one of them.

Singing about Sands keeps his memory alive. Most of the young support probably wouldn't know of him if he wasnt for the songs. I'd rather he was forgotten about. I lived through all this in NI and hate to hear his name mentioned. That period in history was not a good time.

What does it matter what year it is? Im lost? Should we not have remembrance day?
Let the media spin what they like, when they call out the IRA fan fest every 2nd week at parkhead then I may start to take notice. Until there is parity in reportimg of such things then the MSM can gtf
There is nothing wrong with remembrance, of course not.

You know how the media in this country work, it’s never tit for tat it’s about nailing Rangers and our fans tee them up!

I don't think the UB have ever claimed they speak for the support or are the voice of Rangers fans.
They see themselves as the elite group of fans and they are not. They release statements like they are meaningful, which could be implied as them feeling they speak for fans.

They do some good but they bring a lot of negativity too.

I’m not a fan.

They see themselves as the elite group of fans and they are not. They release statements like they are meaningful, which could be implied as them feeling they speak for fans.

They do some good but they bring a lot of negativity too.

I’m not a fan.
without them we be done

Ibrox would be a funeral home

If FARE were ever hiring then some people in this thread may aswell apply for them too so they can nitpick and find issues on a professional level aswell as after every single game we play making up nonsense about songs about the Pope being sung at our games

The pope wasn't mentioned last night I'm talking about the song book in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back