Favourite goals against Celtic?

atcolin

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Recency bias means the Ryan Jack one means a hell of a lot to me but I think my favourite is Lovenkrands in the cup final.

what do you guys think?

Greig's at Ibrox in 1978 doesnt get mentioned often enough. Time exaggerates things, but my recollection on the day is 5 Rangers forwards vs 1 Celtic defender. The ref was easily 70 yards behind play. This was their own fault as their players had the ref pinned to the ground claiming for a penalty. Celtic then walk off. Riot in the Celtic end and final score 3 - 1.

Hard to pick. Wilkins, Gascoigne, Thern, Hateley, Edu...; how do you pick? I'd say the two most spectacular ones were those scored by Wilkins and Thern.

Recency bias means the Ryan Jack one means a hell of a lot to me but I think my favourite is Lovenkrands in the cup final.

what do you guys think?
My favourite is more about the significance of the goal than the quality. When we beat them 1-0 at Parkhead in the 9IAR season in April, to put us in pole position in the league. Laudrup scored a scruffy goal, but it was vital.

The first winning goal I saw live against them ( as far as I can remember) - Bobby Williamson’s overhead kick. Pity he was generally pish apart from that.

Gazza diving header
Thern Strike
Barry McKay
Amato diving header
Amoruso free kick

Thinking of ones I’ve been at off top of my head: Lovenkrands final, Konterman & McKay semi finals, Mendes & Cousin 4-2 game, Ness was a peach also, Edu obviously stands out could probably go on if I sat and thought more

what do you guys think?
Every single fecking one of them. Especially in wins.

Big Ugo, Clint Hill, Fernando and Jig goals are all personal favourites for varying reasons.

Mo Johnston scored one at Ibrox against them at the Broomloan rd stand. It was a thing of beauty!

Mccoist set it up. I think McCoist broke Derek Johnstone’s OF goal scoring record?

As a father taking my young son to his first game against them it has to be Kontermans at Hampden the joy on my sons face when that went in was outstanding and he still talks about that night, he now goes to the games with his mates so i done something right

Lovenkrands SC Final 2002, I swear all volume muted in my ears when Neil McCann swung in the cross

Ray Wilkins and Jonas Thern for just such beautiful strikes outside the box.

For all out going absolutely mental, jumping up and down and kicking over the the Buckfast the guy who sat next to me had placed carefully under his seat it has to be Edu's last second piledriver from one yard.

The ones that instantly come to mind are:
Edu
Numan
Jelavic in the cup final
Ness
McKay and,
Wilkins

edit: oh and big Ugo!! Although I was at work at the time and didn’t see it live.

The Hammers free kick. And Prso at Ibrox. Commentator (McNee possibly) as big Marv picks up the ball says along the lines of "not the best person to get an attack going) as Marv boots it right on a plate for Prso and BOOM!

Latest posts

Back