Favourite League Cup Finals

MO_TxTruBlu

For me the obvious one is 16 year old Derek Johnstone 1970.

others
Rangers 2-1 Celtic 1964, Jim Forrest double as Rangers win their sixth domestic trophy on the trot
(at a time when Scotland had quite a few decent teams)

Rangers 1-0 St Mirren March 2010, just for the fact 9 men win a Final.

Drybrough cup. Davie Coopers goal against the filth was the best piece of skill i have ever witnessed.

Last edited:
Despite Celtic winning 4 of the last 5 League Cups, and Ross County, St Mirren and Kilmarnock having won it, since we last won it back in 2011, we still own that Cup with 27 wins to Celtic's 18.
Celtic have Lost 15 League Cup Finals, to our 7.

2008 as we really shouldn't have won that game. Dundee Utd basically gifted us 2 goals to take it to extra time then penalties.

The first final and first trophy under Souness.

It felt like the beginning of something special. And it was.

McCoist overhead kick in 1993 against Hibs.

I was right behind it in the terracing behind the goals.

1970 was my first OF game, so it will always be special. However, the 1981 replay was something else. Best game I saw Coop play for us, and that's saying something. A real feel good game in an era when the Sheep and Dundee Celtic were starting to dominate Scottish football.

The Jelavic final was a great win too. Especially since the mentally challengeds were so confident we were going to get hammered. I would be happy if we repeat that victory on Sunday and put those poets back in their box

Back