Favourite Rangers player with less than 5 appearances?

Just a bit of fun as there have been plenty players over the years who haven’t made a lot of competitive appearances. Some who were terrible but some who should have played more.

For me, it can only be Andy Firth. Love the guy!!!!

Honourable mention however for Fabrice Fernandes.

#Andyfirthloyal

For those of a certain vintage, who are that wee bit older than me, the name Iain MacDonald will evoke certain 'what if?' memories from the early 70s.

He doesn't make the criteria of the title header with14 starts/sub appearances all told, mind.

Sorry, I don't want to derail the thread, but I. Mac was the player who instantly sprang to mind.

Last edited:
Boni Ginzberg.

Celtic player breaking through in an away game. Boni anticipated the move and runs outside his box and "tackles" the Celtic player.

He had the brains to get outside the box.

He would probably have been sent off in today's game.

Saved a certain goal.

We'll done Boni !

Just a bit of fun as there have been plenty players over the years who haven’t made a lot of competitive appearances. Some who were terrible but some who should have played more.

For me, it can only be Andy Firth. Love the guy!!!!

Honourable mention however for Fabrice Fernandes.

#Andyfirthloyal
Andy Dibble.

NINTCHDBPICT000530383211-e1571333480915.jpg

For those of a certain vintage, who are that wee bit older than me, the name Iain MacDonald will evoke certain 'what if?' memories from the early 70s.

He doesn't make the criteria of the title header with14 starts/sub appearances all told, mind.

Sorry, I don't want to derail the thread, but I. Mac was the player who instantly sprang to mind.
He was a player of great potential who had his career wrecked by the thug Chris Shevlane

I was going to suggest Mervan Celik but he appears to have played 5 games for us. So I’ll go for Matt McKay instead.

A bit more than 5, was Jim Christie with 8 Appearances and 8 Goals, in a great Rangers side of the early 1960's.
Scored against Celtic at Ibrox in his League debut, scored two goals on his European Cup debut, and scored three goals in two League Cup games. All in the space of two weeks.

Neil Arnison, 3 Games, 4 Goals

Scot Symon's second season in charge 1955-56, Rangers back up forward Neil Arnison,
(not to be confused with the South African Billy Arnison who played for Rangers just after WWII), scored his second brace in just 3 days against Third Lanark, in a Glasgow Cup Semi Final
having scored twice against Queen of the South (6-0) in the League Cup.
Despite an impressive 4 Goals in 2 Games, he only ever got to wear the shirt one more time.

Back