Favourite Rangers VHS Tape

katieblue

Still got about 30 Rangers VHS Tapes in my garage.

My favourites are :

That Championship Season 1986-87
Five in a Row 1992-93
Rangers Gold
Super Cooper

Watched the rangers gaffs goals and outtakes on youtube today that was good

Quite like Ian Fergusons video aswell

The one that i always loved watching as a kid was the Michael Mols one. Also enjoyed the Laudrup and 9 in a row

Somebody on here copied mine to DVD a couple of years ago(88/89? with The Wilkins volley game). It was brilliant watching it again.
I’m not sure I have a list really, but my age and memories of that time and especially that game/goal is magic. I should mention Walters, that prick aitken bundling Ally down and rogans ugly twisted face as standouts too.

Still got about 30 Rangers VHS Tapes in my garage.

My favourites are :

That Championship Season 1986-87
Five in a Row 1992-93
Rangers Gold
Super Cooper

wouldnt say it was my fav but Souness one.

got it for Christmas only one I never kept.

Archie McPherson narrates and I think it starts with an auld guy in a hoose in auld reekie.

His name comes up something Souness.

Am like theres noway that magnificent Adonis of a bastard came from that.

not in a bad way I was young and full of hubris but remember Souness was like a lion with that mane of hair and tache.

But surely but surely Souness started morphing into his auld man starting with straightening his broken nose shaving the tache and losing his mane.

Ah well it comes to us all

It would be nice if anyone has a copy

Rangers Gold. The guy that does the excellent match archive footage on Facebook has most of the Rangers Gold video uploaded to YouTube, there’s probably about 20 minutes missing from it.

Follow Follow

First tape I can remember, came out not long after the 1984 League Cup Final after Jock Wallace returned.

The tape that had the Battle Fever interview!

Rangers Gold

Super Ally

Used to watch these two at least once a week growing up, interspersed with a few others.

We really should be looking at remastering some of these and making them available for download in a quality that is acceptable by modern standards. They are an ideal Xmas present and I’m sure they’d be very popular.

there was a vhs released around christmas time 1988 givng the first half of the season in some detail... the hamilton game at the start and the 5-1 were shown in great detail, plus a few others.

Can anyone remember a show that BSB Sports (the squarial people) about Rangers. I am sure that it was round about xmas time. I thought I had it on tape but cannot find it anywhere.

I know we can get all the matches on Rangers TV but I think there is still a place for a season review to be released each year. Doesn’t need to be a DVD, could be a download, but they hold memories as we’ve seen and are a good way to spend a quiet hour!

That Championship Season 86-87.

Bought for me by my dad after he accidentally taped over the 2-1 League Cup Final, despite me following the house rules of taking the "tab" out and writing DO NOT TAPE OVER" on the sticker.

:) :)

WATP

That Championship Season 86-87.

Bought for me by my dad after he accidentally taped over the 2-1 League Cup Final, despite me following the house rules of taking the "tab" out and writing DO NOT TAPE OVER" on the sticker.

:) :)

WATP
That one is a real classic.

Think it was the 88-89 Season review with Billy Oceans ‘Going gets tough’ at the intro? Always makes me think of Mark Walters.

Super Ally video, he was my hero, lapped it up! Always remember him joking about his Mrs parents thinking Irn Bru was alcoholic.

I could probably quote Super Ally all the way through. Loved all my videos, but my favourite was the Battle of Britain cos I won it from the Rangers News :cool:

Not a Rangers production but I loved Ch4’s documentary film ‘Waiting for Gascoigne’ which was an excellent insight into the man during his time at Ibrox. Watched it over & over as a kid.

Gazza - The Rangers Years

Purely for the McCoist tales about fishing and gazzas new teeth!

Seriously, sometimes get a wee bit emotional at how Paul gets talking about us in that video

Back