Fawlty Towers

yosemite sam

Not everyones cup of tea,but I just read they only made 12 episodes!
Thought they made more than that,probably so many repeats were shown made it look more.

Absolutely outstanding show. I'm sure it topped a list of 100 greatest British comedy shows of all time. 1st episode of the second season with the deaf woman and Basil's bet is comedy gold.

Outstanding show. Seen all the episodes many time over.

Love it when Basil puts the spoilt little brat in his place. Talking about spaghetti 'it's the wrong shape? What shape would you like it? Amphibious landing craft shape?'

Polly was a fox for the day!!!

Que¿
15212.gif

Outstanding show. Seen all the episodes many time over.

Love it when Basil puts the spoilt little brat in his place. Talking about spaghetti 'it's the wrong shape? What shape would you like it? Amphibious landing craft shape?'

Polly was a fox for the day!!!
She certainly was

I'm sure Andrew Sachs & Prunella Scales were more than open to carry on, but Cleese & Booth refused to write anymore. I think it was more down to personal circumstances rather than artistic reasons.

12 episodes and not a single Christmas or other special, object lesson in not draining the well dry. Every single episode is a classic.

In the kipper & the corpse, when Polly pointed out to him that the dead guest was stone cold:

Oh Joy! Oh thank you God! Isn't it wonderful?

Superb show, a little dated now, but some the humour you wouldn't get away with today and that's why it's even better!

I liked the old Major. He was talking about some girl he knew:

Major: ...I must have been rather keen on her, because I took her to see... India!
Basil: India?
Major: At the Oval.

I would love to see Pedro say 'Que' next time he is asked a dumb ass question by a 'journo'.

Whole series is still on Netflix.

Six episodes in 75 then a four year break before another six in 79.

So many golden moments crammed into these episodes.

Not everyones cup of tea,but I just read they only made 12 episodes!
Thought they made more than that,probably so many repeats were shown made it look more.

Cleese and Booth were in the midst of a divorce as they wrote the series so it was always going to be short lived. Thankfully what we got was brilliant

I liked the old Major. He was talking about some girl he knew:

Major: ...I must have been rather keen on her, because I took her to see... India!
Basil: India?
Major: At the Oval.

Basil: He's dead
Major: Shot was he Fawlty?
Basil: No, he died in his sleep
Major: Ahh...your off your guard you see...

The hospital scene during the Germans is one if the best ever.

Basil - 'my God you're ugly'

Nurse - I'll get the doctor'

Basil - 'its not a doctor you need dear, it's a plastic surgeon.

Do they allow The Major to say the N word on Netflix?

Love Fawlty Towers it's just brilliant. Polly is sexy as hell but without doubt the episode with Mrs Richards is some of the best comedy I have ever seen

Back