FC Copenhagen v FC Midtjylland last night (videos)

immortal7

Official Ticketer
Myself and @Kbhblue attended the game last night, 11,000 fans in, 25% capacity. This was my first game since Braga away so 14 months of anticipation.

Some observations:

My first 'VAR interrupting the flow of the game' experience in a ground was not impressive at all. There was a phase of play, a clumsy but pretty innocuous tackle made in the box, play moves on and after a passage that lasted about 30/40 seconds, the referee stopped the game, consulted his TV and blew for a PK.

I know I will sound very Rangers da here, but it felt fake and imposed and just didn't sit right. I guess we will all have to get used to it, eventually in Scotland, but that, added to the wait for all the, perfectly legitimate, goals to be confirmed and a goal scored that was given offside and confirmed by VAR that looked marginally on on the big screens only served to add to the McDonaldsisation of the experience.

It is another talking point but... imho, as a live fan experience it is crap, for TV it will be fine, so it aint going anywhere.

FCK look good, I hope they draw the filth in the CL Q2 or Q3 and pump them, again.

The FCM players were drenched in beer and plastic cups when they celebrated, a clear example of anti-Danish racism I felt.

Moneyball Midtjylland still have the two boys up front Sisto and Kaba, who look physically strong, skillful and still worth a look.

FCK have discos light that work a treat, I wonder if they got them knocked off from a tubby Japanese Del Boy type?

Lastly, beer and hot dogs in the ground, pubs at the corners of the ground, a sing-song and, joy of joys, free beer (the beer tents couldn't sell after 10pm so gave the remains of their kegs away on a first come/first served basis, we got 5 pints!) burds at the football and 6 goals.... what a night.

the penalty:
the goal:
the disco

Get a quick test and present that, along with ID and ticket at the turnstile.

We had a few bevvies outside until about 1945 then queued for about ten minutes, I was in my seat for the teams coming out.

An absolute travesty that Ibrox wasn't used like this over 4 days for trophy celebrations. Our vaccination rate is a fraction of Scotlands.

I thought the Brazilian Evander was the most tidy of the Midtjylland players when we faced them. How did he look?

I thought the Brazilian Evander was the most tidy of the Midtjylland players when we faced them. How did he look?
I might have got him mixed up with Sisto tbh, and in truth FCM were pretty average.

Ankersen and Falk really stood out for Copenhagen.

Myself and @Kbhblue attended the game last night, 11,000 fans in, 25% capacity. This was my first game since Braga away so 14 months of anticipation.

Some observations:

My first 'VAR interrupting the flow of the game' experience in a ground was not impressive at all. There was a phase of play, a clumsy but pretty innocuous tackle made in the box, play moves on and after a passage that lasted about 30/40 seconds, the referee stopped the game, consulted his TV and blew for a PK.

I know I will sound very Rangers da here, but it felt fake and imposed and just didn't sit right. I guess we will all have to get used to it, eventually in Scotland, but that, added to the wait for all the, perfectly legitimate, goals to be confirmed and a goal scored that was given offside and confirmed by VAR that looked marginally on on the big screens only served to add to the McDonaldsisation of the experience.

It is another talking point but... imho, as a live fan experience it is crap, for TV it will be fine, so it aint going anywhere.

FCK look good, I hope they draw the filth in the CL Q2 or Q3 and pump them, again.

The FCM players were drenched in beer and plastic cups when they celebrated, a clear example of anti-Danish racism I felt.

Moneyball Midtjylland still have the two boys up front Sisto and Kaba, who look physically strong, skillful and still worth a look.

FCK have discos light that work a treat, I wonder if they got them knocked off from a tubby Japanese Del Boy type?

Lastly, beer and hot dogs in the ground, pubs at the corners of the ground, a sing-song and, joy of joys, free beer (the beer tents couldn't sell after 10pm so gave the remains of their kegs away on a first come/first served basis, we got 5 pints!) burds at the football and 6 goals.... what a night.

the penalty:
the goal:
the disco
disco lights are a bad omen for Champions lge ........ has a team ever won the CL having them

I watched the game and it's great having fans back as they supply a brilliant atmosphere.

The goal that was chopped for offside was the correct call. It wasn't the player who scored but the player that headed to him.

Could you imagine the furor in Scotland if that had been at Ibrox with fans throwing those plastic cups?!

Last edited:
VAR was supposed to stop wrong decisions deciding the outcome of a match

If we all think about it, there have not been that many over the years that have had dramatic effects (World Cup finals, premiership play offs etc)

Indeed, I would say that in a normal match, most punters would say there were 1-2 dodgy decisions that went against their team

Therefore the ‘tennis’ method of allowing each player/team a certain amount of challenges should apply

I would suggest each team gets one challenge per half to go to VAR, other than that the refs decision is final

So if your team scores and the ref gives it and the other team has already used their challenge, you know the goal stands and can celebrate instantly, no need to wait for the outcome of a VAR review

Get a quick test and present that, along with ID and ticket at the turnstile.

We had a few bevvies outside until about 1945 then queued for about ten minutes, I was in my seat for the teams coming out.

An absolute travesty that Ibrox wasn't used like this over 4 days for trophy celebrations. Our vaccination rate is a fraction of Scotland's.

But fortunately (for you) the Danes don't have Sturgeon and her monoculture to endure.

On a personal note, I have very fond memories of my trip to the Parken Stadium in 2003 when Shotaaaaaaa! scored the winner (in the Rangers end) that saw us qualify for the Champion's League section, just before Murray and Hitchcock dismantled the team.

Last edited:
Great write up

I really liked FC Midtjylland when we played them, they seemed like a well run club and clearly recognised our history

Back