Few quick questions about RTV

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
I'm working in Spain and will be for the next few months.

I'm looking to subscribe to ensure watching the game tonight.

When registering, do I put down my UK home address/ country, or do I say Spain?

Obviously the live matches aren't available inside the UK, so if I put the UK as my country, will this block me from watching the game tonight?

Just your home address mate. They know what country you’re in from the IP address on the device you’re using. And if your abroad it lets you watch the game.

I don't remember putting an address down when I registered if I'm honest. Could be wrong though.

Like many I reside in the UK and use a VPN to 'pretend' I'm overseas.

I guess the only thing that is relevant is that any address you give (if you DO have to give one) should match the address your credit card is registered to. Again though, I pay using a UK credit card registered at a UK address.

I would register and buy your RangersTV Unlimited package using your UK credit card and address if I were you. The only time your 'actual' location comes into it is when you start the stream and it goes through the geo-checking thing to ensure you are overseas.

A wee tip, when you register with WorldPay (as you will do in order to setup the payments) make sure you make a note of your login and password details - for WorldPay - as well. When the time comes for you to cancel, if you do on your return to UK, doing it through WorldPay is by far the easiest way.

Thank you also Valley Bluenose. I've not been asked for address yet, but have been asked for country. I'll come back in here if I have any more issues.

Thank you also Valley Bluenose. I've not been asked for address yet, but have been asked for country. I'll come back in here if I have any more issues.
Worry not this just reminded me to buy tonights game. I am in another country using my UK address.

Valley Bluenose, I'm on the world pay site, do you need to arrange a phone call to register with them? Is this not just something you can set up online?

I use RTV to watch the match when I can't get to the ground. My RTV account and credit card are both registered as being in Glasgow. I buy the game but before leaving the Worldpay site I fire up the VPN to Albania (or somewhere), head over to rangerstv.tv and watch the game. Never had an issue.

We have 8 more games this month, that would work out just over 2 quid per game getting RTV for the month.

So, I never registered for worldpay, clicked the make payment option, and it's re-directed me to our site saying I have subscribed, but that the price is zero and no link to my subscription package?
EDIT:
Ok, turns out I have registered and I have the emails with my user ID and password etc, but still showing that the payment was zero in my RTV account, and nothing has come out of my bank. Does anybody know what might be happening?

Last edited:
Never had a problem registering (although it was years ago!). I use my UK credit card even though I live overseas. The worst bit in buying it occasionally is the bloody pictures part you have to go through to verify you are not a robot!

So, I never registered for worldpay, clicked the make payment option, and it's re-directed me to our site saying I have subscribed, but that the price is zero and no link to my subscription package?
EDIT:
Ok, turns out I have registered and I have the emails with my user ID and password etc, but still showing that the payment was zero in my RTV account, and nothing has come out of my bank. Does anybody know what might be happening?

Sounds like you have just registered for Rangers TV rather than subscribed.

Does it have to be a credit card you pay with? I registered a debit card, but it never said that wasn't acceptable or anything?

Sounds like you have just registered for Rangers TV rather than subscribed.
Yep, think the OP needs to go to buy the game link on rtv. I am just about to do it for tonights game. Local tv here are showing some minor game from Fir Park, so rtv it is!

You can use Visa, Maestro, MasterCard or JCB.
When you say VISA, is that a bank card with VISA on it, or does it have to be a credit card?

I have now gone through the transaction twice and it's still coming up as zero, but showing twice in my account on RTV.

EDIT:

Right mate, as other have said, it sounds like you've registered with WorldPay - which is correct. Keep a note of that user id and password for the future.

It also sounds like your registered with RangersTV. Again, all's good. However, you now have to either:

1. Buy your matches on a game-by-game basis
2. Purchase the RangersTV Unlimited subscription (works out at £17.25 a month and gets you access to everything) or, alternatively,:
3. Take out the £5 subscription which gets you all the videos etc but leaves you still needing to purchase live matches on a game-by-game basis.

Unless you have already done so.

Doesn't matter is its credit or debit card as far as I can tell.

See my later post for what it should show in your RangersTV account.

EDIT: Slow down a bit and wait for answers mate or you will end up with multiple subscriptions.

Last edited:
When you say VISA, is that a bank card with VISA on it, or does it have to be a credit card?

I have now gone through the transaction twice and it's still coming up as zero, but showing twice in my account on RTV.
Are you logged into RTV site and can you see the option to buy the Sheep game? I buy on a game by game basis at £5.99 as I get away games on BT or Sky through my sports tv package here. Took me 30 seconds to buy tonights game and get confirmation email.

You'll get the confirmation from world pay. I'm overseas and get that email, but it has always said I have a £0 subscription on the RTV website.

Would a VPN work with this tonight? I can't make the game but would like to purchase and watch that way.

You'll get the confirmation from world pay. I'm overseas and get that email, but it has always said I have a £0 subscription on the RTV website.

Just checked my own and you are correct. It says 'Monthly Membership (Overseas ), a price of £0.00, the date I took out my subscription in 2017, my name, how I pay (MasterCard) and a column entitled 'link' under which it says 'this is your subscription package'. I've been paying every month for over a year.

If @Mearns Ranger has TWO entries in there I'd suggest going to the WorldPay site and cancelling one of them if he also has TWO listed on there or he may end up being debited twice.

Last edited:
Nice one. Do you leave the VPN on for the full match, or can you turn it off after it connects?
I believe once connected you can turn vpn off, but if picture drops to reconnect you will need to have vpn on to refresh. I dont use a vpn for rtv as live overseas, but use it for UK tv and just always leave it on.

You can watch all games from midnight UK time on the £5per month subscription, if you can wait to watch them then.

Just checked my own and you are correct. It says 'Monthly Membership (Overseas ), a price of £0.00, the date I took out my subscription in 2017, my name, how I pay (MasterCard) and a column entitled 'link' under which it says 'this is your subscription package'. I've been paying every month for over a year.

If @Mearns Ranger has TWO entries in there I'd suggest going to the WorldPay site and cancelling one of them if he also has TWO listed on there or he may end up being debited twice.

Thanks for this, and I will go onto world pay and do this.

However, nothing has been debited from my account yet, which makes me wonder what's going on with it. This also added to my confusion with the price showing up as 0.00 pounds.

Thanks for this, and I will go onto world pay and do this.

However, nothing has been debited from my account yet, which makes me wonder what's going on with it. This also added to my confusion with the price showing up as 0.00 pounds.

I honestly can't recall how quickly they took my first payment - or if it ever showed a price under 'my account' on RangersTV. Right now it shows as £0.00 on RangersTV and my last payment was taken on 12 Nov according to my bank statement.

I guess if you try playing some of the content on RangersTV you will know that at least your subscription is set up and working.

VB, sorry for all the confusion here, but how do you register with worldpay? Can you provide a link?

On the page that RTV directs you to, I have filled in all my details and clicked the option to buy.
It has now provided me with 2 agreement ID numbers, and 2 passwords, but neither of them work for logging into world pay.
Am I supposed to set up a username myself like Mearns Ranger or the likes?
I’m not sure what to do as I can’t get in and as I say, there’s no debit from my account which made me think it wasn’t done!

I honestly can't recall how quickly they took my first payment - or if it ever showed a price under 'my account' on RangersTV. Right now it shows as £0.00 on RangersTV and my last payment was taken on 12 Nov according to my bank statement.

I guess if you try playing some of the content on RangersTV you will know that at least your subscription is set up and working.

Just checked and I watched Lafferty’s interview, so I’m assuming I’m up and running anyway. I’m just going to have to work out how to cancel one of these subscriptions!

Just checked and I watched Lafferty’s interview, so I’m assuming I’m up and running anyway. I’m just going to have to work out how to cancel one of these subscriptions!

I think if you login to WorldPay and you see TWO subscriptions listed you can click on either of them and, in the next window, click to cancel/delete.

Unfortunately I've just locked myself out of my account so can't say for certain.:rolleyes:

VB, sorry for all the confusion here, but how do you register with worldpay? Can you provide a link?

On the page that RTV directs you to, I have filled in all my details and clicked the option to buy.
It has now provided me with 2 agreement ID numbers, and 2 passwords, but neither of them work for logging into world pay.
Am I supposed to set up a username myself like Mearns Ranger or the likes?
I’m not sure what to do as I can’t get in and as I say, there’s no debit from my account which made me think it wasn’t done!

There’s no separate subscription for WorldPay mate.

OK, I got back in. Go to the WorldPay Shopper site and login with the user id and password they sent you (or whatever you changed it to at first login).

Click on the agreement number you wish to cancel (or check out both to see what you've actually set up first). Once you've decided which one to cancel then simply hit the Cancel button under the section entitled Information.

https://secure.worldpay.com/fp/jsp/common/login_shopper.jsp

EDIT: the WorldPay 'landing site from Google is a mess and you have to navigate down into their Shopper Agreement section. I've given you a link straight to the login page you need. Sounds like you may now have TWO accounts. One has to go.

You should have had two emails from WorldPay - one with your agreement number and login ID on it and a separate one with your password. The link to login is also in both emails and it's the one I've given you above. If you've set up two separate accounts you will have had FOUR emails I suspect.

The email that has your agreement number - and details of what you will have to pay - has your username for logging in down near the bottom of the email. Note that this is entirely different from your RangersTV login ID. That's what you use rather than the agreement number. It's used in conjunction with the password they send you in the second email.

Last edited:
Not sure why the OP didnt just buy tonights game as a 'one off' then sort out a subscription. If the subscription is 'active' surely an email from World Pay would have landed in his inbox telling him what he has bought and how much paid. Alternatively if the subscription is active and includes live games then just click on the link for the game tonight and see if it is 'live', will only take you to landing page for the game right now at the top of that page

Gents thank you very much for all the info.
I will now do as instructed for getting into worldpay(thanks for all the links etc VB, as their site is murder) and I’ll cancel one subscription.

Excellent assistance guys and thanks again!

Nice one. Do you leave the VPN on for the full match, or can you turn it off after it connects?
You can turn it off as soon as the video starts playing.
I have to turn mine off as i cast from my phone to my Sony Android tv. If the VPN is on it wont allow me to cast.

Can someone please advice which is the best VPN to use? I'm going to buy on a game by game basis and this is my first time. If anyone has some easy instructions then that would be great. I'm using an iPad and am with Sky for my B.B. if that makes any difference. Thanks :)

Congrats to Mearns Ranger on his first time using the internet:D

Aye right wee sacs. I'm using flintstones internet on a vessel and still can't get into worldpay to cancel my second subscription!:mad:
Wouldn't you think a payment had failed if you thought you'd paid for something and they didn't take the money from your account?

Aye right wee sacs. I'm using flintstones internet on a vessel and still can't get into worldpay to cancel my second subscription!:mad:
Wouldn't you think a payment had failed if you thought you'd paid for something and they didn't take the money from your account?

Haha it was more the 15 replies to purchase something fairly simple on the internet, like when my da phones me to help him send an email after a half hour phone call he usually ends up at the door with the laptop:D

All in jest bud enjoy the game!

Still can’t get into WorldPay? Are you using the username specified in the first email from them (it’s down near the bottom of that email) and the password that came in the second email? This will be different from your RangersTV username. Seems odd you still can’t get in.

Main thing is, all that can wait until tomorrow. Most important question is have you managed to get the game?

Anyone having trouble paying for the game on World Pay?

I keep filling in my details but it says "error: payment failed".

Tried a couple of cards now but it still isn't working!

I didn’t get to watch it tonight, after all the shite today!

Kept saying geo sap error or something like that..... saying I can’t watch it where I am. I’m in a port in Spain, and presumed it’d register that as someone alluded to above.
I’ll need to try and sort it tomorrow.
Ended up watching a crap stream through Facebook on my mates phone, mirrored onto the tv!

Back