Feyenoord fans will sing YNWA as a tribute to Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a song from a musical but let's be honest, we associate it with the tramps. It's an unfortunate choice of song.

It’s a song they sing every week. It’s not like they’ve ‘chosen’ to sing it in tribute to Fernando Ricksen. The much-circulated tweet is also from a single, random, Feyenoord fan with no other connection to the club, their official supporters clubs or their fans groups. It’s quite incredible how much attention this random tweet has attracted.

It’s a song they sing every week. It’s not like they’ve ‘chosen’ to sing it in tribute to Fernando Ricksen. The much-circulated tweet is also from a single, random, Feyenoord fan with no other connection to the club, their official supporters clubs or their fans groups. It’s quite incredible how much attention this random tweet has attracted.
Youre correct and its even more dubious when you see the video above of their fans with the tramps

They can sing it all they like but no chance we're joining in or clapping it. It's a competitive football match.We'll show how much we loved Fernando from start to finish in our own way. Them singing that song doesn't have anything to do us and i don't see why we'd pay any attention and that's regardless of ownership of that song btw Liverpool and the bheasts

Indeed or why some are clamouring for it not to be booed on the back of it. They sung it last time whilst flying a tricolour. Unless they were doing another tribute I wasnt aware of, it was done entirely to noise up our support. itll be the same tomorrow but Genuinely, who cares ffs, it's a fitba' match not netball.

Their club have shown their class with the tribute today, that's good enough for me.

Apart from anything else, it's not a Celtic song.

It's a Liverpool song Celtic shamelessly nicked and now kid on they invented it.

I got banned on here years ago for suggesting we join in singing this when Liverpool came here for a friendly. I pointed out this wasnt a bheasts' song and us singing it would piss them right off. I got reported for being a "timposter".

PS Im not suggesting we do this with Feyenoord.

Last edited:
I got banned on here years ago for suggesting we join in singing this when Liverpool came here for a friendly. I pointed out this wasnt a bheasts' song and us singing it would piss them right off. I got reported for being a "timposter".

A mark of respect would be for them
not to sing it and sing his name instead.

A mark of respect would be to join in and have the full stadium sing it

‘Fernando Ricksen - you’ll never walk alone’

R.I.P

Always left everything he had on the field for us and everything a captain should be.

I have always said we should start singing it to take their war cry away from them. It will never be banned like TBB so we have to let them take the wind out of their sails another way. It is a fantastic song and I will not let the tims make me stop enjoying the Freddie and the dreamers hit.

I have always said we should start singing it to take their war cry away from them. It will never be banned like TBB so we have to let them take the wind out of their sails another way. It is a fantastic song and I will not let the tims make me stop enjoying the Freddie and the dreamers hit.

Let them sing some shitey pop song from the 50s all they want. It is an absolutely dreadful dirge and I'd like to believe I'd feel the same way even if they didn't murder it.

Imagine Ibrox singing , You'll Never Walk Alone, then the PA System leads the stadium into of the Chorus of Fernando by ABBA would be very special .

How very unstaunch eh?

Let’s just go with the famine song or TBB!

Or how about we just honour Ricksen in our own way and then sing Rangers songs rather than joining in a song that the filth sing.

He was our player. I am pretty sure he will get a very fitting tribute from our club and support without us having to join in some dirge the Feyenoord fans are singing.

As an above post states, they have sung this song previously. The would most likely have sung it tonight regardless of yesterdays tragic news.

Last edited:
You have got to be at it. Absolutely ridiculous idea

A mark of respect would be to join in and have the full stadium sing it

‘Fernando Ricksen - you’ll never walk alone’

R.I.P

Always left everything he had on the field for us and everything a captain should be.

Let me get this right, we should honour Ricksen’s memory by joining in with YNWA with the scumbag Feyenoord fans?

Away and gies peace.

Although YNWA was undoubtedly started by Liverpool, Celtic have been singing it ever since they played each other in the 1966 ECWC Semi Final and we've been booing it ever since.

Rangers supporters should be paying their own tribute to Fernando Ricksen and not being led by Feyenoord fans singing Celtic's favourite song.

I honestly can't believe any Rangers supporter is actually contemplating this.

It's certainly not what Fernando would've wanted ffs.

%^*& YNWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back