Feyenoord / Porto away tickets

Laudrup1

What's the realistic chances of picking tickets up for these games if you book separate travel?

I'm assuming the entire allocation has been taken up by the Travel Club (and even with the Thomas Cook issues, people will still get those tickets if they're in the travel club)

Does the club sell tickets beyond the levels of those numbers in the TC?

I'm assuming that word of mouth / contacts is going to provide a better chance of landing one or two tickets than trying to get one officially?

Chances of getting tickets without being in the Travel Club? I’d say pretty much zilch, especially for Feyenoord.

Figured that was the case. Have never signed up for the travel club in the past but it might be worth looking into in the future for the few quid it costs.

It's not something I've done too often and any time I've been to games abroad, I've either been given tickets by others as part of their plans or for the likes of Manchester paid some German dude £500 for mine.

Last edited:
I think you always have a chance.

For the FC Midtjylland game, as 0 pointers, we had home end tickets (right next to the away section, lots of Bears) but were offered away end tickets following a few conversations in the Tankstelle and there were tickets being sold outside the ground by Bears. That was for an allocation of 600.

Though you really should join the TC, even if you aren't a ST holder, I would say the money to join is worth it. My faither and I have 1 point now for registering an interest, but not being able to purchase tickets for the FC Midtjylland game and I'm relatively confident we'll get Porto (not doing Feyenoord). Worst case scenario, we'll get a home end ticket again and collect the point.

Once you get up to 3 points, I think you are more or less sorted for any game. However if you don't join the TC, you are back to square one every time.

I've been in the Travel Club since it started. Some years feels like total waste of money as we've been out before I've been able to get to a game but then you get years when you have a ticket for the Nou Camp and one for the UEFA Cup Final.

When will TC members find out if successful for Porto tickets anyone know?

Deadline to register an interest is Wednesday. If it is like my other experience of the process this season, they'll send out an email with the minimum number of points required to purchase a ticket. They'll then give a time window for folk on that number of points and above to purchase their tickets.

Then those below the minimum number of points, who have registered an interest, will have an opportunity to purchase in a time window, if there are tickets left.

Hoping this all becomes clear by the end of the week.

For Porto hopefully decision on Thursday no partly ground closure by corrupt UEFA and gives us the travelling Rangers fans without ticket s a better chance for obtaining them
and there last game v young boys in Europe league there was a crowd of thirty three thousand well below capacity

Why,you haven’t even been offered a ticket yet,just don’t buy one.

Wait, so I can just put in for every game, not take a ticket and build my points up, as long as it sells out?

I put in for St Josephs but it went to my points level too late, something like 3 days before the fixture, and I didn't get a point? Was that because it didn't sell out?

Wait, so I can just put in for every game, not take a ticket and build my points up, as long as it sells out?

I put in for St Josephs but it went to my points level too late, something like 3 days before the fixture, and I didn't get a point? Was that because it didn't sell out?

No. If you are offered a ticket and don’t take it you won’t get a point.

If the allocation means you aren’t offered a ticket you’ll still get the point for applying.

I've been in the Travel Club since it started. Some years feels like total waste of money as we've been out before I've been able to get to a game but then you get years when you have a ticket for the Nou Camp and one for the UEFA Cup Final.
Literally everyone got a ticket in Tc for those two haha

Literally everyone got a ticket in Tc for those two haha

And that’s why I would join the TC every single year, even if I had no intention of travelling. I had ST holding mates that missed out on Manchester tickets because they weren’t in the TC. It amazes me the amount of people that arrange trips abroad but don’t join the Travel Club.

On another note, what would the chances be of getting a ticket outside the stadium for Rotterdam?

Probably your best bet is to offer daft money to a teenager, I did this at Alkmaar and got in.
Feyenoord, on the other hand, are a different kettle of fish and I'd be wary of going in the home end there after hearing stories from mates the last time we were there.

And that’s why I would join the TC every single year, even if I had no intention of travelling. I had ST holding mates that missed out on Manchester tickets because they weren’t in the TC. It amazes me the amount of people that arrange trips abroad but don’t join the Travel Club.
I find it weird people who plan to do trips and don’t sign up it’s stupidity tbh

You don't get a point if you are offered a ticket and don't buy it. You get a point for applying unsuccessfully though.
Been on the go for years and people still don’t understand it, I had someone on bus asking me how to register the exact same way we’ve always done haha

Our allocation will be about 2.5k for both. I honestly think you might have a chance for either.

Same. You pay that money to go abroad so how much can en extra 20 quid hurt

Based on last few years I cant remember any games where 0 point members haven't been offered tickets EXCEPT for Vienna.

FC Midtjylland this year. Started off on 4 pointers, then went to 3 and finally a few 2 pointers, but that was one of the smallest allocations we are likely to come across in 600. Still, as I mentioned above, you could have picked up one over there with minimal effort.

Am I right in thinking that travel club tickets can't be transferred? I couldn't give my ticket to someone else as they'd need my passport etc to collect?

Really thinking about going to Amsterdam for this I'll try and get a ticket for the game if not amsterdam should be good anyway

Am I right in thinking that travel club tickets can't be transferred? I couldn't give my ticket to someone else as they'd need my passport etc to collect?
No they can’t be transferred but tickets have been posted or collect at Ibrox this season

Back