FIFA WC 2022 viewing schedule

Mustang mad

I have just been looking at the match schedule for all the group games. I have 11 days holiday to take and so was thinking of spending a few half days so i could get home to watch the 3pm kick offs. having gone through it, the only game I would really want to see is Spain v germany on 27 Nov, but its a 7pm Ko anyway. Only other game I think may be a good one is croatia V belgium.
A really underwhelming load of games tbh. Hopefully it will get better from the knock out stages.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fif...Ao&oq=fifa+world+cup+2022&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6

Must admit I'm not fully interested, I will watch some matches no doubt but it won't have the same magic as a summer world cup and the heat as we seen in Seville is going to have a real detrimental impact on the quality of football imo.

21 of the current top 25 teams will be there, so once the dross are eliminated then things should improve quite a bit.

only Italy (No 7) Colombia (No 17) Sweden (No 20) and Peru (No 21) missing from the current FIFA rankings (June 2022)

When it's a summer tournament I normally take 2 weeks off (1 week coincides with Royal Ascot).

WFH these days which means I'll have it on in the background for the early games.

Must admit I'm not fully interested, I will watch some matches no doubt but it won't have the same magic as a summer world cup and the heat as we seen in Seville is going to have a real detrimental impact on the quality of football imo.
Heat is a factor mate , but players will only be half way through season and flying , instead of at the end of a 50-60 game season for a lot of them .

4 games a day going to be a tough gig for us TV viewers. Somehow I think I'll manage - just need to plan doing a wee bit of work during the half time breaks.

Heat is a factor mate , but players will only be half way through season and flying , instead of at the end of a 50-60 game season for a lot of them .
True mate, I just looked at weather charts and I must admit I thought it was hotter than what it is.

Are there a lot on here still WFH then? jammy gits
luckily itlooks like the England games are all on at night.

Normally always take a week off to watch it but can't say I'm all that bothered this time, will watch it when it's but won't be wasting leave on it.

Cannot wait for it, really interested by the Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, Korea Republic group and the Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon group.

Was the last decent WC 98?

Perhaps I'm being misty eyed and remembering something that it wasn't but feel this was the last one that really sticks out.

14 sticks out for the James goal and 18 for the Pavard goal.

In fact, the Argentina France game was a belter, watched that in the Horseshoe.

Good shouts mate.
Think because there is so much football on TV now there are other games that makes you forget the WC. There wasn't more iconic moments in past, it's just that they stuck out in memory as nothing else was televised at the time.
14 had the Germany v Brazil game, Spain and Italy getting ragdolled out the groups. 18 had Croatia's run, Spain 3 Portugal 3.

Think because there is so much football on TV now there are other games that makes you forget the WC. There wasn't more iconic moments in past, it's just that they stuck out in memory as nothing else was televised at the time.
14 had the Germany v Brazil game, Spain and Italy getting ragdolled out the groups. 18 had Croatia's run, Spain 3 Portugal 3.

Yeah mate reckon you are bang on there.

Aye 14 in fairness had more than it's share of drama and intrigue. I stand corrected.

Apart from the very occasional full match the highlights show will do me and even then i will record it and fast forward past the "analysts" view of the game. :)

What a game that was.

My favourite World Cup but that's more todo with my age than anything. There were some outstanding moments and performances too.
2010 was quite poor but even then you still had the Uruguay run to the semi's, Ghana's store etc.
Yip, posted before but 2006 is my favourite WC. First one I was of legal age to drink, so meant could go to the pub. The weather here for the first week or so was absolutely scorching aswell. Then watched all of the knockouts in Magaluf.

Simpler times.

Back