Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

I would be amazed it’s anything like €6M. More likely 2m up front with another 2 staggered over 2 years.
Why can't it just be what the media outlets are reporting ? this isn't the Daily Record confirming the price so i am more inclined to believe them.

Timmy is absolutely terrified they have been given a bum steer. In fact they know they’ve been given a bum steer and are just moving on from ‘denial’ phase.

Remember Jackie McNamara being wheeled out (Tam Boyd must’ve been constipated in the bog that day) to state that Rangers clearly couldnt afford George Edmundsson

650k George Edmundsson, aye thats their limit, cannae even afford him.

Followed by a 4-6 million euro international defender from Serie A.

Absolute bombshell.

There they were sitting thinking

Free transfers, Jordan Jones and Greg Stewart that’s their limit.

I have no idea what’s coming next but we can smell your absolute fear of what it is.

Every Celtic player we nod towards and say, he would be good for us, wants nothing to do with Neil Lennon and his nonsense, they all want out. Queuing up for their turn down the escape chute.

All our players that you nod towards and think, good player him, is nodding back at Steven Gerrard asking ‘how hard you want me to hit them gaffer’

And there’s quite a lot of them now.

Good times bears.

Good point but doesn’t seem to be the case. He averaged 6 long balls & 33 short passes per game last season.

He isn’t someone who under pressure will be able to play a good pass and in turn open up space, or move forward and commit players. More likely to turn back and pass to the keeper.

Its just something I think is important for teams who dominate possession
Agree. But with our budget I would prioritise defenders who love to defend and who just let Kamara etc. do the possession play. The trend towards centre backs taking greater responsibility for possession play has made football very boring to watch at times because it’s clear they are not very good at it.

I’d be surprised if Helander is our last signing.

tenor.gif

Why can't it just be what the media outlets are reporting ? this isn't the Daily Record confirming the price so i am more inclined to believe them.

It seems it's only our fees which have to be questioned. That comes from the media and the Kerryfail accountants (and Celtic supporters in general who spend day after day trying to convince family/friends/colleagues how skint Rangers are) spreading mistruths about the financial situation at our club. Unfortunately some of our fans buy into that.

There was a Swedish journalist on Rocksport last night. He said the fee is €4m with a further €2m in add ons.

I think John Terry being at the summer camp and Big Roger not signing the the leper top at Wimbledon, points to them as being part of the secret benefactors group. Don't know why the poets haven't sussed this yet
And I've heard that in the event of on a no-deal Brexit, Boris is giving us the £39bn. That'll be used in the January window and to help renovate the stadium ;)

What will be our strongest starting line up for opening league match ?

Really like our new options.

With McGregor banned I would go with.

Foderingham
Barasic
Helander
Goldson
Tav
Davis
Kamara
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos

Bench: Alnwick, Defoe, Katic, Jack, Jones, Docherty, Murphy

Obviously long way to go and Morelos could go, Kent could sign, injuries etc

Foderingham
Barasic
Helander
Goldson
Tav
Davis
Kamara
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos

Christ I forgot shagger was suspended!

We had a bigger net spend last summer and I dont remember such a big deal being made by them.

Times have changed now though and they are running scared :cool:

I read that, although he only has about ten caps, he's played all of Sweden's qualifiers. Clearly highly rated by his international side/manager and an important part of their current squad.

I think John Terry being at the summer camp and Big Roger not signing the the leper top at Wimbledon, points to them as being part of the secret benefactors group. Don't know why the poets haven't sussed this yet

You need to keep this for the secret lounge ;). Next thing people will post that Boris is a director and leaving the EU was to give us £39bn.

Clubs need to apply to the FA for clearance before going for a work permit. If they block it there is an appeals process, it does happen. I assume he means the fa will block the move, as i can’t see why he wouldn’t get a permit if he has one in scotland - i’m sure the whole thing needs to go through the fa regardless of if he has a permit here or not.

No Mate the Home Office ask an FA to back the application so it can be fastracked, like any other if he is continuing employment in the Country there is no need to reapply for a right to work. International clearance is also a different thing that’s a system linked in Associations and UEFA in which an electronic registration is transferred.

Foderingham
Barasic
Helander
Goldson
Tav
Davis
Kamara
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos

Many game ban did he get? because he's sat 2out already

I have no idea what the Swedish guy is like but does that mean big Katic gets the bums rush? For the life of me I don’t get it.

I have no idea what the Swedish guy is like but does that mean big Katic gets the bums rush? For the life of me I don’t get it.

You'd play Katic even if Helander is better? That's what it sounds like. We might end up with a Katic - Helander partnership, of course, but I doubt it.

My team for the opening day:

Foderingham
Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack Davis
Ojo Aribo Jones
Morelos

Katic, Edmundson, Kamara, Hastie, Stewart, Defoe, Arfield, Candeias, Murphy - any of those could easily start though. Awesome strength in depth now.

Bjorklùnd was imo vastly under-rated when he was with us

I was as guilty as most - when he left - thinking we had, or would get, better than him as a replacement - but how wrong was that ? I wanted him back almost immediately
& a season further on & he was exactly what we were missing imo

At least for him - he had a decent career for a while after us - but I'd say we lost a very good player - when we let him go

If Helander is half as good as Bjorklùnd - we'll be doing well -

Bjorklund was one of the most ungainly players I’ve ever seen in our colours. He was utterly useless with the ball at his feet and not particularly strong in the air either from memory. What he had going for him was speed. He was quick in the recovery granted, but I’m hoping if this guy signs he’s a big step up in quality than Bjorklund ever was.

A set 11 first team is backward thinking. The squad will be rotated to cover conditions ,the team we are playing ,the system we are playing,adapt to cover suspensions injuries etc.

All this pish about who gets dropped is doing ma teets in.

Yea he's my only worry too. Apart from left back we covered in all positions. Looking good for season ahead
It is worth considering that Barisic played Infront of a very shaky Worrall in virtually all of his appearances.

Tav still made one or two defensive errors last season but nowhere near as many with Goldson behind him compared with previous seasons

I know the gaffer was worried by shipping 5 goals at Easter Rd last May but f.uck me that is quite a defensive turnaround in 12 months.

Bjorklund was one of the most ungainly players I’ve ever seen in our colours. He was utterly useless with the ball at his feet and not particularly strong in the air either from memory. What he had going for him was speed. He was quick in the recovery granted, but I’m hoping if this guy signs he’s a big step up in quality than Bjorklund ever was.

Each to their own opinion - of course - I'm sure you have you're reasons for arriving at yours
I'll stick with mine all the same though

As per points given in previous posts - both Bjorklùnd & Helander have performed in the heart of the Swedish national side -
Let's hope FH gives us similar levels of excellence he gives to Sweden

I know we have jumped the gun EVERY summer with excitement and dreaming of 55 but this year really has got me with the same giddyness of Advocaat building a new team, Porrini, Amoruso, GVB, Numan,Ricksen, Negri...it was a mouthwatering signing every other day

Back