First Rangers Chant

BluenoseAL

I dont have kids so don't have the joy of seeing them discover their support of our club, but my 6yo nephew almost brought the man tears in me when he said (of his own accord) that he loves watching rangers on the telly and then proceeded to sing this lil tune that brought the schoolboy nostalgia back:

"Aberdeen Aberdeen cannae kick a jelly bean
Celtic cannae kick a ball
Rangers are the best of all"

I dont have kids so don't have the joy of seeing them discover their support of our club, but my 6yo nephew almost brought the man tears in me when he said (of his own accord) that he loves watching rangers on the telly and then proceeded to sing this lil tune that brought the schoolboy nostalgia back:

What are you? Some kind of Jaffa or virgin.

First 1's I can remember was the 1 u mentioned and
Celtic forever,
Chuck them in the river
Pull them out
Make them shout
RANGERS FOREVER!!

Looking back I feel dirty even saying Celtic forever even if the chant ended right

Another early 1 was 1 that has made a comeback by the ub's lately

If I had the wings of a sparrow
The great big dirty 4rse of a crow
I'd fly over Celtic park tomorrow
And 5hite on the 84stards below

I remember get a slap from my Dad when I was young for singing Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells........oh what fun it is to f... the tims on new years day....whilst walking down argyll St.

We are the people, we are the people, we are the people. Nobody joins in .... I am the person.....my daughter when she was 6. Now 12 and she really is THE person, prophetic kid!!

%^*& that takes me back haven't heard that since I was a boy

I definitely remember singing this in primary school almost 30 years ago. Pleased it's still a wee ditty that young bears sing to this day.

I remember as a kid my big brother coming home from a game against the Scum (about the mid 60s) and saying that they were chanting ' Celtic, cha,cha,cha' and the Rangers supporters immediately replied with ' Celtic, ha,ha,ha' This was just after the time they were singing Ha,Ha,Haffey' about the Celtic goalkeeper.

Remember being in my auld parents hoose as a 7 year old and playing subbuteo with the mates, we had a stadium section on the subbuteo table and we filled it up with the wee mini fans at the time. Anyway I get's the game on and it's us v Ceptic, except we've no got them but Hibs in a box, right that will do. We starts playing and Rangers go 1 up on the subbuteo front, I started singing the Sash and in walks my auld dear, she says I can always tell when Rangers are winning. Next up is the auld fella saying you're no singing loud enough. Sang the Sash and allsorts without any hassle ever since.

Come from good stock. :))

When I was in my pram I could often be heard singing, phuck the pope and his maw. My parents used to laugh their socks off

I remember get a slap from my Dad when I was young for singing Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells........oh what fun it is to f... the tims on new years day....whilst walking down argyll St.
Change tims to huns as it was when I was young, I left the country for ten years and came back to be called a hun by those mhanky bastards wtf happened back then.

First week at my new primary school,come 4 o'clock on the Friday,all the older boys would march from the playground to the school gate,singing "Follow Follow".

This was all new to a 5 year old me,but give it a couple of Fridays,and i was marching,and singing as well,even if i did'nt know all the words. Happy days,as it was the only part of school that i enjoyed.

Walking down Copland Rd on my way,
%^*& the Pope and the IRA,
We’ve got John Greig, Colin Stein,
And Her Majesty, The Queen . . .

1, 2, 3, who are we
we are the mental RFC
with a baseball bat and a hammer to the head
haha Celtic you are dead

Remember hearing "We are the people " when i was about 8 or 9 and thought the fans were singing "See all the people":))

First ones I remember -

We love you Rangers - we do
Oh Rangers we love you

and

Rangers - Cha, Cha, Cha
Celtic - Ha, Ha, Ha

Simpler times then! :))

My dad tells me he took me a game in the 80s at Ibrox v Dundee Utd. We were in the copland and the song Davie Dodds the elephant man was song only for me to pipe up when it was quiet, burned his arse on a frying pan to much amusement from the bears sitting beside me.

Wilsons a Darkie

Cringeworthy, but a fun song IIRC, not really racist.....I didnt think so anyway.

Changed days !!!
Usually followed by,
“Paul Wilson . . . he’s Jungle Fresh!” ( taken from a KP peanut ad.)

Both chants are intrinsically racist, different times back then but still not really excuseable.

First 1's I can remember was the 1 u mentioned and
Celtic forever,
Chuck them in the river
Pull them out
Make them shout
RANGERS FOREVER!!

Looking back I feel dirty even saying Celtic forever even if the chant ended right

Another early 1 was 1 that has made a comeback by the ub's lately

If I had the wings of a sparrow
The great big dirty 4rse of a crow
I'd fly over Celtic park tomorrow
And 5hite on the 84stards below

I had completely forgot about that rangers forever one until I saw you post it. F£&k that brings back some memories.

It was either the OP's one or this for me:

Hail, Hail,
The pope's in jail,
Looking out the windaes,
pissing in the gingies

There may have been other variations as well :D

Frank Haffey never saw, where Jimmy Miller put the baw,
He put it right between the sticks, and left poor Haffey in a fix,
The baw went through, and Haffey too,
And that was one for the boys in blue.

We all agree, Rangers are magic.
We all agree Celtic are tragic.