Flag Day- what will the club do?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I presume, similar to league winning day and trophy day, there will be tens of thousands wanting to celebrate.

Assuming (probably correctly), that we wont have a full Ibrox. What can or should the club do?

We tried for support from the police and council re trophy day, and failed.

Do we just do the same or try a different approach?

maybe just leave the turnstiles open? :D

I doubt very much, if there are none or few fans in attendance, that Bears will flood to George square, watch it on the telly. :)
There should be fanzones set up in the car park and training pitch. Easily accommodate thousands.

After all, we know rangers fans will celebrate, its our duty to do ensure we embrace this and allow it to happen safely...

I presume, similar to league winning day and trophy day, there will be tens of thousands wanting to celebrate.

Assuming (probably correctly), that we wont have a full Ibrox. What can or should the club do?

To George Square fu*k em!

hope for me is that social distancing will be eased for outdoor settings before indoor settings, so with some creativity, we should be able to argue for full attendance

We really need to start getting back to normal now. They’ve started giving jags to 23 year olds.

Masks, temperature checks and hand sanitisers should be enough to allow at least all season ticket holders in. I’d even pay a small fee for a lateral flow test if it meant keeping the guy next to me safe.

hope for me is that social distancing will be eased for outdoor settings before indoor settings, so with some creativity, we should be able to argue for full attendance
And as we have been told, these outdoor events are 'low risk'

hopefully all will be straightforward, only area of concern might be concourses. for numbers as high as 50k, I would actually agree with staggered entry times if that was going to make or break things. club could also open fire exits to trackside at full time to assist
They could easily open them to get people in as well. Have portaloos outside for people before hand. Some entry/exit to the lower tiers via the corners.

We're still 7 weeks away. You never know what the mob in charge are gonna do in seven days never mind that long. I remain hopeful, yet skeptical, that there'll be a large crowd at Ibrox that day

There should be no restrictions and everyone should be allowed in. However, as someone else posted on another thread, if the Edinburgh police have agreed 8pm on a Saturday night for Hearts v Separate Entity it looks very much like no fans allowed, or at best, very few. Maybe fans should turn out in large numbers at the grounds anyway. Show the wee cow we've had enough of her and her party.

Are they not still talking about 100% capacity at Wembley for the semis and final of the Euros?

If that happens there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't have the same.

We're still 7 weeks away. You never know what the mob in charge are gonna do in seven days never mind that long. I remain hopeful, yet skeptical, that there'll be a large crowd at Ibrox that day

Im hopeful too but cant see it. If 'she' and 'useless' and the 'dentist' can f.uck us up, and Glasgow in general they will.

After the euro fanzone, no doubt we will be back to another shitty tier system.

Bored with it now.

The club along with every other club in Scotland should be demanding access for all their fans with tickets. There’s no reason as we go into august and most people will have been fully vaccinated that there should be empty seat!

I very much doubt stadiums will be attended by anything other than a lucky few. Full attendance is to be allowed at Wimbledon I hear.

A campaign by football fans (not just Rangers) everywhere to fill their city centres on match days until attendance at all sports is allowed again would leave both governments no choice. Football has strength in numbers and the fan organisations to force their hand

A campaign by football fans (not just Rangers) everywhere to fill their city centres on match days until attendance at all sports is allowed again would leave both governments no choice. Football has strength in numbers and the fan organisations to force their hand

absolutely agree that if there is no good news, that we need to take collective action.

i estimated that around 200k would have effectively donated to clubs last year through season tickets to keep the clubs afloat. that’s a significant proportion of the country that deserves a little bit more respect for their financial sacrifice

I very much doubt stadiums will be attended by anything other than a lucky few. Full attendance is to be allowed at Wimbledon I hear.

You're not wrong here by the way, it is genuinely going to take some form of public uprising in order to get things back to normal, not just in football but in general day to day life now.

Pubs, shops, soft plays, stadiums, etc are going to just need to open and operate as usual for people to get their lives back on track. The police wouldn't be able to handle it if it was to just happen.

Sounds dramatic and I am certainly no revolutionary but that's the way it will end up going, the country cant take much more of this shit.

they can allow 15,000 inside Ibrox and just leave the fanzone up for us in glasgow green lol naw but seriously
Im actually optimistic than fans will be back in , people are not going to stand for this anymore ,businesses are not going to stand for it

Why bother? It'll be criticised and described as "anti Irish racism" and "anti Catholic".

For a start we should be demanding the same as what is in Hampden at the moment as a bare minimum.

They have zero justification to allow less than that.
This is only my opinion.
once hampden completes its uefa contract 29june, Glasgow may go up. Again.

The dentist has already been blowing on that this new strain is up to 40% more transmissible outside. I honestly don’t hold out much hope for any being inside unfortunately.

not just the flag day but also the old firm game a month later if we could get half capacity it would make it so much easier half could get in for flag day and the other half the old firm game as it’s going to be chaos is some supporters miss out on both those fixtures

We should start getting out in the press what we are doing in terms of working with the police and snp

Around the trophy day and league winning weekend the club had been engaging with both parties to find solutions

They tried to make out the club did nothing

Get it out in the open now. So when they likely refuse everything and there are issues, its crystal clear where all the blame lies

There should be fanzones set up in the car park and training pitch. Easily accommodate thousands.

After all, we know rangers fans will celebrate, its our duty to do ensure we embrace this and allow it to happen safely...
That is a far too sensible proposal.

Did our gathering on the day we won the title lead to a spike? Did the celebrations in George Square lead to a spike? What are the odds that there will be a “spike” after the euros so any gatherings on flag day will be outlawed.

lets see what the physical distancing review comes back with before reacting.

removing distancing requirements outdoors will almost certainly happen before indoors. it could happen at the same moment as moving to level zero, especially in light of the delays we’re seeing.

lets see what the physical distancing review comes back with before reacting.

removing distancing requirements outdoors will almost certainly happen before indoors. it could happen at the same moment as moving to level zero, especially in light of the delays we’re seeing.
are you confident that it will be a sensible outcome?

Anyone else reckon that the new Orchestral version of Follow Follow should b played loud and proud as the flag is raised?

I think it would be tremendously fitting

I think no matter what we should recreate flag day and parade the trophy on the first game we are allowed a fulll stadium.

Last edited:
are you confident that it will be a sensible outcome?

no idea of confidence. have been told that is the recommendation though.

do think they must be tiring of being caught out by discrepancies such as the nursery graduations and the like, so will favour a simpler approach and this will also quieten some of the louder voices (trnsmt etc) in the short term.

This is only my opinion.
once hampden completes its uefa contract 29june, Glasgow may go up. Again.
It wouldn't surprise me.

But, without a corresponding rise in severe case hospitalisations I think they would be on some pretty shaky legal ground if they did that.

Back