Flanagan Undergoing Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a good signing as full back is a major concern for us. Good attacking full backs in Tav and John but not so much defensively.

"Flanno" ffs :)

130212172039-zlatan-single-image-cut.jpg

I'm normally not one for turning my nose up at players based on their private lives but signing a player who was recently arrested for a prolonged assault on his girlfriend doesn't sit right with me.

He'd be a good signing in a purely football sense but, can cover both full back roles and someone like that is obviously needed but, I just don't know.

Happy with him solely on his football. I just don't want to sign someone with his history.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Hope he's screwed the nut & stays away from the Glasgow night life. If he cannot, let's hope he batters a few 19th Century Terrorists & not any of our fine ladies :-o

& seriously, I hope that admin will ban anyone sine die that refers to him as Flanno ever again :)

He will have to be amazing for me to turn a blind eye to his past. Women beating is absolute scum behaviour. The press will have a field day with this.
What he did was scummy but seemingly the only time he's ever been bang out of order. Unless you want the guy locked away for life he deserves the chance to rehabilitate himself. That said he should be on a deal for very little money and on an extremely short collar.

50 games for Liverpool and an England cap going by the Twitter comments. Not someone I'm going to turn my nose up at because of his personal life.

He was a cracking player when he broke through. Career obviously taken a niae dive, few injuries.

Still only 25 and a proper defender who's got the ability to get forward.

Has a past and its something he should be ashamed of.

Let's not forget however, the Tims have employed both a guy who was filmed singing racist songs and someone who was found guilty of racist comments to a fellow pro on the field of play. So I'll refuse to take morality lessons from these folk and their media pals

(Autocorrect changed "racist" to another word, has now been edited)

Last edited:
Was about to ask if he covers both fullback positions. Already answered that he does, which would be nice. Still only 25.

Was magic the season he came in under Rodgers. For whatever reason, didn’t work out for him when on loan at Bolton and Burnley.

A full back who defends first, hard as nails. Can play left and right back.

Massive upgrade on Hodson who will hopefully be gone.

Has a past and its something he should be ashamed of.

Let's not forget however, the Tims have employed both a convicted rapist and someone who was found guilty of racist comments to a fellow pro on the field of play. So I'll refuse to take morality lessions from these folk and their media pals

We should be taking mortality lessons from ourselves and not signing soneone like him. Absolutely f*ck all to do with them.

I dont care what they did with Neil Lennon.

We should be setting a standard and being okay with employing women beaters just because the mentally challengeds did it just doesnt sit right.
I totally agree with you,I was just highlighting the double standards of the media here.

Nah, not for me.

You can't talk about the honour and glory of playing for Rangers and then accept a scumbag into the team because he's better than the current right back.

Don't really think signing the Liverpool Reject 11 is the way forward either.
Just goes against what Rangers are for me.

Flanagan is pondlife, a scumbag of the highest order and to see him representing our club? Disgraceful.

We talk about a PR war on here quite a lot, why are we shooting ourselves in the foot with a shotgun to sign a bang average player as backup?

It could be utterly brilliant or fall flat. Just a couple of years ago he was verging on being the England mainstay for years to come then injury which led to a professional and personal spiral.

The lad needs out his current environment and around someone strong.

Walter Smith did it with gazza when no one else really could to a degree and he was way way more of a challenge than this lad.

We have to take risks with the budget and ambitions we have

Suited to the beggars "flanno" should be no where near The Rangers

Whilst I think that this signing will be much negative press we need to be careful not to be cast as hypocrites.
Gazza was charged with beating his missus and the level of outcry amongst us was muted to say the least.
He’ll need thick skin and considerable ability if he’s to succeed.
If he signs then I back him and I trust our manager. It’s that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back