Football living in a bubble

Thommo2006

We see world economies on the brink people struggling for money losing jobs and what not yet most days I read about man united or liverpool going to spend 200 million in the summer on a couple of players. I know sports pages need to be writing about something but to me this just seems crass. I was hoping that once this was all over we may get a bit of normality back to football in terms of transfer fees and wages but it seems it will just continue

Once its back to normal clubs will just go back to their old ways. If the big clubs want a player they will just offer them more money than the other club & so it continues. Football players are like movie stars they are there to entertain so they probably feel why shouldn’t we get paid well. Unless a club has the balls to cap wages we will never change.

We are going to have to make a decision on spending €5m Euro to make the Hagi deal permanent or not, the bubble is still reality

I can't see us spending that this year - on any player.
That's my point though multi million pound decisions still have to be made, whether people think it's a bubble or not the reality is business operations have to continue. And at EPL level it's billion pound business decisions, yes it's far removed from society but this was always the case before a Pandemic. I'm sure Hollywood will still look at making blockbusters and paying Cruise an obscene amount for another Mission impossible, no different to Chelsea looking at Coutinho and the press reporting it

We are going to have to make a decision on spending €5m Euro to make the Hagi deal permanent or not, the bubble is still reality

Pretty sure that decision has been taken out of our hands. As much as he is a good player and under normal circumstances I'd have been 100% for it, I don't think we can be paying out that sort of money with the uncertainty at present.

We see world economies on the brink people struggling for money losing jobs and what not yet most days I read about man united or liverpool going to spend 200 million in the summer on a couple of players. I know sports pages need to be writing about something but to me this just seems crass. I was hoping that once this was all over we may get a bit of normality back to football in terms of transfer fees and wages but it seems it will just continue
Nail on the head comment , obscene amounts of money whilst many of its core audience will be struggling to hold on to their jobs or at least maintain their same standard of living.
The actions of some of the egotistic players to date demonstrate just how much they care.

Back