Footballers past and present with ridiculous hairstyles

Chris Waddle.

Then...
chris-waddle1.jpg

...and now

images

It's been asked before but I'll ask it again.

How come all these players from the 60s and 70s, whilst presumably in the 20s / early 30s, all looked old enough to be a grandad???

It's got to be more than the barnets.

Jason Lee
Radja Nainggolan

Posting pics is too technical for me...

Others?

I don't recall the player's name but IIRC he played for Luton.
He had a sort of dreadlocks/afro type style which he tied up as a very large top knot.
Pissed my self laughing when the opposition fans started singing (to the tune of "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands")
"He's got a pineapple on his head
He's got a big pineapple on his head"

He had a sort of dreadlocks/afro type style which he tied up as a very large top knot.
Pissed my self laughing when the opposition fans started singing (to the tune of "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands")
Jason Lee. It was ridiculous. I remember him at Forest.

In my OP.

Jason Lee. It was ridiculous. I remember him at Forest.

In my OP.

I think that was the guy.
I was at a Luton-Watford game which is the local derby.

I was in the Luton end when the Watford fans started singing. Almost pissed myself.

It's been asked before but I'll ask it again.

How come all these players from the 60s and 70s, whilst presumably in the 20s / early 30s, all looked old enough to be a grandad???

It's got to be more than the barnets.
I think it's got a lot to do with basic male grooming. To a large extent it was pretty non-existent back then, was seen as being very effeminate.
I started work in a large factory in 1980 and probably only about 10% of guys over 35/40 would regularly wash their hair. None of them would have used moisturiser or lotions etc.
Deodorant and anti-perspirant were only optional extras lol.

Can’t say I’ll be going into the hairdresser any time soon and asking for one like Alfie’s.

That football card photo of David Moyes sorry I don't have it to post but by fvck makes Davie Dodds look like Paul Newman

Was it Ricky Hill

Back