Footy Scran at Brighton

The catering at Ibrox is far from our biggest concern but what we are served and forced to accept is absolutely terrible.

You look at clubs where they give fans the opportunity to spend a lot of cash on proper food, beers and a good day out. Where as up here earlier in the season I seen a raging woman behind the counter refuse to top up someone’s coffee with hot water. Just a totally different set up around Europe to what we have here.

The catering at Ibrox is far from our biggest concern but what we are served and forced to accept is absolutely terrible.
I’m as big a critic as any but the idea that you are ‘forced to accept’ the food offerings in Ibrox and the immediate vicinity is just ludicrous. Plenty of far better option slightly further afield.

The roll shop on Copland Road is doing a great trade these days and queues are getting longer every passing match day (midday KO’s
don’t help).

I’m as big a critic as any but the idea that you are ‘forced to accept’ the food offerings in Ibrox and the immediate vicinity is just ludicrous. Plenty of far better option slightly further afield.

The roll shop on Copland Road is doing a great trade these days and queues are getting longer every passing match day (midday KO’s
don’t help).
Those don’t make the club money though. You could obviously get a good scran in the city or whatever before the game, but the point is what other sports in other countries make fans go elsewhere for something good?

How very Brighton… :)

Suspect the Govan faithful would not react in vast numbers to a Bao Bun Bowl!

Those don’t make the club money though. You could obviously get a good scran in the city or whatever before the game, but the point is what other sports in other countries make fans go elsewhere for something good?
If the club want to make money offer the punters something worth paying for.

I’m afraid, for me, club loyalty doesn’t extend to eating shite food even if they offered a mygers point for every pound spent.

If the club want to make money offer the punters something worth paying for.

I’m afraid, for me, club loyalty doesn’t extend to eating shite food even if they offered a mygers point for every pound spent.
Totally agree, I rarely buy from Ibrox, but when you compare what is on offer then it’s a million miles away.

You look at clubs where they give fans the opportunity to spend a lot of cash on proper food, beers and a good day out. Where as up here earlier in the season I seen a raging woman behind the counter refuse to top up someone’s coffee with hot water. Just a totally different set up around Europe to what we have here.
Agree it's poor at Ibrox but it's pretty poor at a lot of other grounds in the UK, too. I'm not saying that makes it okay but we're far from an anomaly.

I go to Villa Park a few times a season (live nearby) and the offering and service there is on a par with Ibrox. Although they do have a new AI bar/shop where you tap your card as you enter and simply pick up whatever pint/food you want and then walk out which is pretty cool.

Why do people need to eat at the football?

Saturday afternoon at 3pm people getting a burger when they've presumably had breakfast and lunch?

Bring back the bevvy in Scotland and forget about food imo

I'm concerned that there won't be more chillis and spring onions under the first layer but otherwise looks good
It is a worry, i think we are all concerned about that although the fact that we give a lot of teams two goals of start is almost as worrying. Sorry did not mean to derail the scran thread

Looks nice but it's not something the average chocolate and pie munching football fan would buy I'd imagine!
Pies at Amex are very good. A shade too much tarragon on my chicken and ham one but excellent pastry and generous filling. Seriously. Pint of Harvey’s Sussex, brewed a couple of miles away, to wash it down. We are not well-served in Scotland.

It is a worry, i think we are all concerned about that although the fact that we give a lot of teams two goals of start is almost as worrying. Sorry did not mean to derail the scran thread
But went and did derail the scran thread.

What was point in even posting on this thread mate? Waste of time surely?

Why do people need to eat at the football?

Saturday afternoon at 3pm people getting a burger when they've presumably had breakfast and lunch?

Bring back the bevvy in Scotland and forget about food imo
Sometimes people are in a hurry to make the game and haven't had a chance to eat beforehand. I'd wager it's pure convenience for most people. Personally I try to avoid ordering anything in the stadium, had a bit of a saga last time and the food was 5/10 if you're lucky.

Back