For the more mature bear that was was Marseillesque!

Sorry Deja didn't see your thread. Said that at the game. Although we went one better and won this game :))

Agreed it was a fightback the likes of which I couldn't recall since the Marseille champions league game. And then of course there was the game against FC Brugge? with Nissy's rocket from the half way line.

In 92 we had Goram, mcswegan and hateley, today we had Mcgregor, aribo, and hagi, amazing we started playing at 2-0 Unreal, if that doesn't get the players adrenalin pumping for the rest of the season nothing will.. WoW
Less of the mature mate I was there that night and I’m only 43 now :)):)):))

Against Marseille, think we only had 2 shots on goal, tonight their keeper clawed one of the line and saved them a few times. I get the comparison but dont think it does the guys justice for tonight.
Fabien Barthez the French world cup winning goalkeeper

I was in the east enclosure that night. One of the noisiest nights ever after that 2nd goal.

In 92 we had Goram, mcswegan and hateley, today we had Mcgregor, aribo, and hagi, amazing we started playing at 2-0 Unreal, if that doesn't get the players adrenalin pumping for the rest of the season nothing will.. WoW

Watched it with my Bearcub and got out of my seat at 0-2 in a mood -

that's it we're out......if it stays like this.

Cmon Rangers even just one.....back to the game (my mate left the WE at 2-0 in 1992 just as McSeggan came on as a sub)

NO SURRENDER!

Brilliant Rangers.

When it was 2-0 last night my mind drifted back to that great game v Marseille and thought no way is that happening here :)
I was in the orange section of the Govan Front that night and ended up about five rows down when we scored..great memories:)

Exactly, given the run around for most of the game, we score, the crowd roars them on and hey presto.

This time we win.

Shows the importance of never giving up and the importance of a roaring Ibrox.

Wish we would remember that sometimes.

For me the Braga game pips the Marseille game as i thought Braga looked head and shoulders above us in the first half. Any team that toils agains Killy, Hearts and Livingstone have no right to stage a comeback like that! This team is made of stern stuff that i didnt think we had.

I said to my mate at 0-2, remember Marseille. Not for one minute expecting we would do anything and thinking we were lucky it was only 2. Our best euro comeback ever. Great to have the Copland literally bouncing again.

At 2-0 I was thinking, bring on mcswegan! Always had hope. Hagi has turned that game! Now let’s have more of that fighting spirit the rest of the season!
The hope was there because we created chances all night. The faith,not so much,because they looked capable of scoring each and every time they attacked.

In the Marseille game of 1992 we created virtually nothing until McSwegan's goal. They were a class or two above Braga.

For me the Braga game pips the Marseille game as i thought Braga looked head and shoulders above us in the first half. Any team that toils agains Killy, Hearts and Livingstone have no right to stage a comeback like that! This team is made of stern stuff that i didnt think we had.
Marseille were head and shoulders above us for 80mins.

Back