For those wishing a new manager, who would you bring in?

Would you replace Gio?

• Yes

Votes: 1,148 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 918 44.4%

• Total voters
One camp will be some European guy that nobody had heard off until the Athletic wrote an article about him last month with a picture of him in a sports jacket and salmon chinos discussing inverted full backs. The other camp will be Sean Dyche and 4-4 fuking 2.

IF Gio loses the next old firm, he needs sacked.

He is like a rear wheel drive car. Does fine in certain conditions but as soon as it snows it's pretty useless. Unable to adapt and not effective.

He does well in Europe. He DOES NOT UNDERSTAND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL. This wasnt some slow Italian style football against Udinese or some shit.

I've said this so many times but there's no sharpeness or aggression. They were too much for Rangers today and Gio NEEDS TO GET THE TEAM TO PLAY DIFFERENTLY IN THIS LEAGUE. He needs to learn FAST.

He is like a rear wheel drive car. Does fine in certain conditions but as soon as it snows it's pretty useless. Unable to adapt and not effective.

He does well in Europe. He DOES NOT UNDERSTAND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL. This wasnt some slow Italian style football against Udinese or some shit.

I've said this so many times but there's no sharpeness or aggression. They were too much for Rangers today and Gio NEEDS TO GET THE TEAM TO PLAY DIFFERENTLY IN THIS LEAGUE. He needs to learn FAST.
Imo we can’t afford to give him until the next OF, is it not in January? If the board are going to act (which I don’t think they will) they need to get someone in ASAP and allow them funds in January to get their own players.

This board aren't going to pay Gio and his backroom team a considerable amount then pay for a new gaffer to be installed so we can forget about that.

Suspect they'll hope another team comes along in a few months and takes him probably due to results in Europe. We'll then appoint an out of work manager and give him next to no funds.

I don't see much changing for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

Last edited:
I have stated today already, he has earned the UCL matches. This league title is a far far reach on all the evidence to date.

If come Christmas we have not turned the league round and have exited Europe he must go, he has to.

Michael Beale if he can be convinced. He played a crucial role in winning the league in the first place. Other than that, well the best one available but definitely not Gio for me at that point.

Imo we can’t afford to give him until the next OF, is it not in January? If the board are going to act (which I don’t think they will) they need to get someone in ASAP and allow them funds in January to get their own players.
3rd Jan I think. The board will drag their heels. We're not up in arms yet either about it. That scoreline is unacceptable and it's clearly fixable. If he doesn't rectify it by January I think he needs to leave himself. He needs to grasp this now it's not hard to understand Scottish fucking football.

He doesn’t win against Aberdeen and hearts then I’d be asking the question

In past seasons I’m alluding to. To even get to that stage is nuts for a club of their size and it can be attributed largely to Knutsen’s success.

Which is great and I'm sure he's done a bang up job for them.

But if this board tried to sell a guy who is 54 year of age, sitting second in the Norwegian League and with a 54% record in 13 years as our next manager they'd be laughed out the room.

Back