For Thursday guys - Derry walls is untouchable

So your saying now we can’t say sword and shield?rebel scum? or surrender or you’ll die??

No chance am I buying that absalutely no chance.

If we’re playing by FARE’s rules then I suggest we stop singing about the siege of Derry yes.

Or are we being selective in our choice of songs about the Protestant and catholic faith?

If we’re playing by FARE’s rules then I suggest we stop singing about the siege of Derry yes.

Or are we being selective in our choice of songs about the Protestant and catholic faith?

Mate it’s one word that’s banned
But I do agree anything with FTP should be dropped but let’s no go overboard here.

Derry’s walls will be sung louder than anything else on Thursday.

Im very wary of certain posters pushing for certain songs , and pushing against others . Unless the person can be vouched for .

There are many people out there for whom their life’s work is getting our club into bother .

The banned list is clear -

Billy boys
Super rangers
No pope of rome
Bobby sands
IRA, 50 pence

And any addons with pope/19th Century Terrorist

That’s it . 5 songs/chants , plus a word 19th Century Terrorist .

That isn’t difficult . Focus on NOT singing those and we are fine .

If someone tells me on here that a beautiful song like 4 lads had a dream is in any way “ dodgy “ I’m going to respectfully suspect them of having alterior motives .

Im very wary of certain posters pushing for certain songs , and pushing against others . Unless the person can be vouched for .

There are many people out there for whom their life’s work is getting our club into bother .

The banned list is clear -

Billy boys
Super rangers
No pope of rome
Bobby sands
IRA, 50 pence

And any addons with pope/19th Century Terrorist

That’s it . 5 songs/chants , plus a word 19th Century Terrorist .

That isn’t difficult . Focus on NOT singing those and we are fine .

If someone tells me on here that a beautiful song like 4 lads had a dream is in any way “ dodgy “ I’m going to respectfully suspect them of having alterior motives .

Who decided this?, doesn't matter im just happy the famine song is back :)

Exposing the blatant bias in FARE reporting to UEFA.
It's not that hard to figure out
Are you sure we havent?
This is, on this occasion, we’re guilty.
Regardless of what we claim FARE are, and they most definitely are, it doesn’t change the basic fact that we broke UEFA’s rules.

But why are we singing about the UVF in WW1 and not Scottish volunteers?
These songs have no place at a football match in 2019.

This is one question I've never seen answered, we should be eternally grateful to those who gave their lives for us but it seems that via our songs at least that this only applies to the uvf and not the Scottish soldiers/volunteers. Think there a significant number of our support who sings these songs not because they want to celebrate the memory of these brave men but because they think it makes them staunch as %^*&. Some probably couldn't tell you what year world war 1 started and ended. The boozed up ned screaming UVF after singing 3 cheers for the red white and blue certainly isn't remembering the brave men who died at the somme and other battles.

We are dealing with FARE ffs.

Follow follow whether you like it or not has clear adds on against the Pope.

Four lads had a dream is a fantastic song but also the same tune as the Famine Song. If I believed we had leadership from the club/fan groups then I would encourage you to sing it next week. unfortunately I don’t believe we do.

Derry’s walls has been sung loudly and proudly since I can remember. It is a rousing anthem that the whole stadium can get behind 45000 strong
this Famine Song when did you sing at any game and how many versus have you heard sung within Ibrox ?

this Famine Song when did you sing at any game and how many versus have you heard sung within Ibrox ?

Famine song started about 11 years ago at Parkhead I think. Bit of harmless fun of course but the Uber offended scum lost their rag at it and called for it to be banned.

I actually don’t know if it was ever banned however we as a support stopped singing it and Four Lads had a dream was created which is a fantastic song.

Actually shows that we as a support CAN change the words of a song so we can keep it.

But that’s a battle for another day. Thursday we have to box smart as all the eyes and hears will be on the support. FARE will be looking for anything they can, I just hope the club is ready to defend us as long as we don’t let them down.

People are needing to calm down billy boys super rangers 50 p flute and any add ons is where we will get booted.

We have absolutely shit loads of songs that are fine.
This is the crux of the matter ,absolutely spot on ,take heed bears its that simple ,3 songs and the add on get them to fxxk

Famine song started about 11 years ago at Parkhead I think. Bit of harmless fun of course but the Uber offended scum lost their rag at it and called for it to be banned.

I actually don’t know if it was ever banned however we as a support stopped singing it and Four Lads had a dream was created which is a fantastic song.

Actually shows that we as a support CAN change the words of a song so we can keep it.

But that’s a battle for another day. Thursday we have to box smart as all the eyes and hears will be on the support. FARE will be looking for anything they can, I just hope the club is ready to defend us as long as we don’t let them down.
never answered my question mate. How many versus have you heard sung by the Rangers support?

I have never heard heard any only a chant asking a question.

Four lads had a dream is a fantastic song but also the same tune as the Famine Song. If I believed we had leadership from the club/fan groups then I would encourage you to sing it next week. unfortunately I don’t believe we do.

Derry’s walls has been sung loudly and proudly since I can remember. It is a rousing anthem that the whole stadium can get behind 45000 strong

Wish folk would stop muddying the waters, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 4 lads had a dream.

At last , the correct words!
And 4 lads is the same tune as Sloop John B.

Sloop John B? Bit dodgy, that.

References to drinking all night, getting into a fight, breaking into the Captain's trunks etc. FARE will be all over that for encouraging anti-social and aggressive homosexual behaviour.

This can only result in every game being played behind closed doors for the next 10 years, Steven Gerrard being banished to the stand until the end of his contract, a 5-year transfer embargo on any player over the age of 7 and a 4-match ban for Morelos.

And any other sanction Michael Stewart can come up with.

Wish folk would stop muddying the waters, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 4 lads had a dream.

Some are deliberately muddying the waters in the hope they can get rid of the like of followfollow and 4lads had a dream , because it annoys them we have two great football songs without a hint of bigotry about them .

4 lads in particular , incredible , not many clubs have a song like it . And it makes Yahoos angry and drives them around the bend that we have a song celebrating our proud founding fathers and history - they don’t want people hearing that , they want us in our “ bigoted “ box where they like to keep us and present us to the world .

Those trying to denigrate it aren’t bluenoses and there’s a few on this forum .

Some are deliberately muddying the waters in the hope they can get rid of the like of followfollow and 4lads had a dream , because it annoys them we have two great football songs without a hint of bigotry about them .

4 lads in particular , incredible , not many clubs have a song like it . And it makes Yahoos angry and drives them around the bend that we have a song celebrating our proud founding fathers and history - they don’t want people hearing that , they want us in our “ bigoted “ box where they like to keep us and present us to the world .

Those trying to denigrate it aren’t bluenoses and there’s a few on this forum .

Nobody is deliberately muddying the waters here, we as a support have to be ready to defend everything. Anyone who thinks dropping the Billy Boys and FTP will end things is on a different planet.

They will go after anything they can and at the minute in my opinion we have no leadership from the club or fan groups to defend the support. My opinion just.

This is our anthem now guys, the song that has kept us going since the Billy Boys was banned in 2006. It has been sung at every home and away game since so obviously UEFA don’t have a problem with it.

It’s a rousing anthem, it’s a hair on the back of your neck song, it’s a song that intimidates the opposition. So it’s vital that the 45000 at Ibrox on Thursday sing it loud and proud.

It’s not sectarian, it’s not racist.

Derry’s walls
Blue sea of Ibrox
Rule Britannia

That’s the start of our song list on Thursday bears.
Add to that the sash

Derry's Walls is NOT untouchable by any stretch of the imagination.

"Rebel scum" "Sword and shield" "Surrender or you'll die die die" could all quite easily be the next in the lines of misconstrued lyrics as aggressive, threatening or offensive.

No I think that’s stretching things too far, even for UEFA. On another thread someone posted the lyrics to the Marseillaise, French national anthem. It has far worse than this and isn’t a problem. So I don’t think we have anything to worry about with Derry’s Walls. It’s a great song that sounds fabulous when all 4 stands belt it out.

After everything that’s happened to us in the past 7 years, it makes me emotional to hear Four Lads and there’s nothing to be feared about singing it. Along with Blue Sea of Ibrox, it’s what I allow my kids to join in with.

This thread is a car crash as FF's been for last few days.We've people actually wanting to give up songs that haven't got us into trouble and couldn't get into trouble.The rules haven't changed on what's acceptable and what's not since we had issues before.Some want us to give up the complete culture of the support for generations.Take a step back and actually think is that honesty going to happen even if you really want it to?No fans in the world would or should be expected to do that.

This thread is a car crash as FF's been for last few days.We've people actually wanting to give up songs that haven't got us into trouble and couldn't get into trouble.The rules haven't changed on what's acceptable and what's not since we had issues before.Some want us to give up the complete culture of the support for generations.Take a step back and actually think is that honesty going to happen even if you really want it to?No fans in the world would or should be expected to do that.

One of the biggest issues that has appeared over the last few days but has got lost in the noise is that what the majority consider to be our “culture”.

There’s a vocal minority that are desperate to associate our support with “The Troubles”, issues from Ireland and N.I. form 30-40 years ago stretching back to even 100s of years ago.

It’s 2019. More and more of our support weren’t even born when it was all kicking off across the Irish Sea. The vast majority couldn’t give a f*ck about it and just want to sing about our club, past and present victories and players.

One of the biggest issues that has appeared over the last few days but has got lost in the noise is that what the majority consider to be our “culture”.

There’s a vocal minority that are desperate to associate our support with “The Troubles”, issues from Ireland and N.I. form 30-40 years ago stretching back to even 100s of years ago.

It’s 2019. More and more of our support weren’t even born when it was all kicking off across the Irish Sea. The vast majority couldn’t give a f*ck about it and just want to sing about our club, past and present victories and players.
And who's saying they can't sing about Rangers and players?The only people trying to tell people they can't sing things that aren't against the law and won't get us in trouble are the likes of yourself.

We are the only club in Scotland being targeted for singing songs,strange that eh!!!
Whilst the shitstirrers at the bigjockknewcamp get away with it all.
It was mentioned when Hollicon took up residence with them,that we would be the target,anything goes for them against us at the moment, as they are shiting them selves about the horrid attempt to cover up the child abuse.
Deflect, Deny.

And who's saying they can't sing about Rangers and players?The only people trying to tell people they can't sing things that aren't against the law and won't get us in trouble are the likes of yourself.
We are the only club in Scotland being targeted for singing songs,strange that eh!!!
Whilst the shitstirrers at the bigjockknewcamp get away with it all.
It was mentioned when Hollicon took up residence with them,that we would be the target,anything goes for them against us at the moment, as they are shiting them selves about the horrid attempt to cover up the child abuse.
Deflect, Deny.
OFFS! thats it Holicom are now influencing UEFA decisions, must have been them when they did the same to Ajax then

You have such a wealth of knowledge and background to the Siege of Derry

No one, including myself, are saying we can’t sing songs that aren’t “illegal” or won’t risk sanctions for the club.

What I am saying is that the vast majority of our support are sick to the back teeth of a vocal minority being obsessed with battles in Ireland & N.I.. Some 30-40 years ago, some 100s of years ago. No matter how desperate some are to be associated with these, it’s got f*ck all to do with our football club.

While Derry’s Walls won’t see the club in any kind of trouble, it’s got nothing to do with Rangers. The siege of a city in N.I. over 300 years ago has got nothing to do with Rangers. I strongly suspect I’m not in the minority when I say I want to see us move away from all the “political” p*sh! We’re a football club.

I want to go to a game and watch football, support our club and players, and sing and chant about them. Some scumbag terrorist starving himself to death in a prison decades ago has zero to do with Rangers. We move away from revelling in all that crap then by default all the “f” word stuff will quickly disappear. Like it or not it goes hand in hand.

No one, including myself, are saying we can’t sing songs that aren’t “illegal” or won’t risk sanctions for the club.

What I am saying is that the vast majority of our support are sick to the back teeth of a vocal minority being obsessed with battles in Ireland & N.I.. Some 30-40 years ago, some 100s of years ago. No matter how desperate some are to be associated with these, it’s got f*ck all to do with our football club.

While Derry’s Walls won’t see the club in any kind of trouble, it’s got nothing to do with Rangers. I strongly suspect I’m not in the minority when I say I want to see us move away from all the “political” p*sh! We’re a football club.

I want to go to a game and watch football, support our club and players, and sing and chant about them. Some scumbag terrorist starving himself to death in a prison decades ago has zero to do with Rangers. We move away from revelling in all that crap then by default all the “f” word stuff will quickly disappear. Like it or not it goes hand in hand.
We must move in different circles mate most bears I know are PUL minded

You're not even subtle mate.

Could admin make a sticky for the avoidance of doubt which songs are safe and which should not be sung? Personally I know which is which but there will be an element of our support who won’t and we need to be as clear as possible on this. @Empire @DocStone

We must move in different circles mate most bears I know are PUL minded

I’ve had my ST for 30 yrs. Still have fading memories of my first game when I was 5. I suspect we move in similar circles. Given the usual arguments and issues, myself and my friends probably some down on the same side as yours.

From chats in the pub, WhatsApp groups etc it’s clear that the circles I move in are also at the point of finding the way a vocal minority seem determined to drag the club and the supports reputation through the gutter an utter embarrassment.

Could admin make a sticky for the avoidance of doubt which songs are safe and which should not be sung? Personally I know which is which but there will be an element of our support who won’t and we need to be as clear as possible on this. @Empire @DocStone

If you can’t figure out for yourself what is going to get the club in serious bother (and that could easily and quickly escalate to getting thrown out of the Europa League) you’re either thick, or at it and desperately looking for some wriggle room to slip in references to catholics, the pope, f*niens etc etc.

Last edited:

While Derry’s Walls won’t see the club in any kind of trouble, it’s got nothing to do with Rangers. The siege of a city in N.I. over 300 years ago has got nothing to do with Rangers. I strongly suspect I’m not in the minority when I say I want to see us move away from all the “political” p*sh! We’re a football club.

Well as the full Ibrox belts it out with probably more people joining in with that song than any other I'm saying you're in the minority.

If you can’t figure out for yourself what is going to get the club in serious bother (and that could easily and quickly escalate to getting thrown out of the Europa League) you’re either thick, or at it and desperately looking for some wriggle room to slip in references to the catholics, the pope, f*niens etc etc.
Unfortunately there are people within our support who fall within some or all of those categories

Derry's Walls is NOT untouchable by any stretch of the imagination.

"Rebel scum" "Sword and shield" "Surrender or you'll die die die" could all quite easily be the next in the lines of misconstrued lyrics as aggressive, threatening or offensive.
Ffs what do want the Lords prayer, Gies a break ffs.

You have more faith in the board than I do sir and I say that as a big admirer of Dave King.

Unfortunately FF isn’t untouchable for the obvious add ons and I fear for 4 Young lads had a dream. (Due to the the scum that’s reporting us)

Actually until there’s clear leadership from OUR club and OUR supporters groups then I actually fear for 90% of the songbook.
Somebody on one of these threads suggested a karaoke solution with the words of the songs being put up on the screens. I think this is a good solution. The reason is that I, like most of us, am not in the least offended by add ons or whatever. What bothers me in a big way is the impact of UEFA sanctions on the club. The club has to be able to defend itself by demonstrating that it has taken all reasonable measures to prevent the 'offence' of which it has been accused. An announcement, a 'karaoke' screen and a recording played over the loudspeakers would go a long way to meeting those criteria. FARE probably wouldn't be happy, but UEFA might well accept it.

Maybe I’ve picked it up wrong, but I understood the stuff that has been banned is:
TBB with ANY lyrics.
Anything with 19th Century Terrorist or pope in it.

I thought that was all? Ie Super Rangers is fine if we drop the last couple of lines. Derry’s Walls and the Sash are also acceptable.

Personally I’d like to see us drop the UVF stuff but I don’t believe we would get in trouble if we dont.

Back