Formation for cup final

There's a better chance of a snowstorm at 28 degrees that day than Clement changing formation. The time to do that was the weekend, in fact it was before that when it became apparent we were having to shoehorn too many players into positions. But he didn't change it. It cost us.

Butland
Balogun Souttar Davies
Tav Diomande Sterling Cantwell Yilmaz
Sima Dessers

Can't do any worse.
We really need to change the formation and try something different.

A cup final is the worst possible time to experiment but we have no option.

Play the same formation and we know we’re not winning.

If Lundstram is even in the squad for Hampden, Clement will be chased and rightly so.

No one knows because we don't know who will be available. But as we've been saying for weeks/months now, we need to tighten up in the midfield. We will go round in circles with this for the next 2 weeks until the game

If fit and available....

Butland

Tavernier
Souttar
Balogun
Yilmaz

Jack
Lundstram
Sterling

Sima
Dessers
Matondo

Realistically, there's no guarantees that Souttar, Balogun, Jack, Sterling, Sima and Matondo will be fit, so I'll revisit this a week on Friday.

Although i agree 100% of the suggested formation i would be amazed if clement changed the system he has never deviated from once for a cup final. Hes very much from the warburton mould of plan A must do better as there is no planB haha. If you dont laugh you’ll greet. Also be amazed if his boy lunny, the tim slayer isn’t back in for it aswell

Butland
Tav Balogun Soutter Yilmaz
Raskin Sterling Diomande
Sima. Dessers. Silva

Thoughts?
Provided all of the above are fit I’d be going with the same.

A flat midfield 3 to match theirs is essential. Inevitably, we’ll end up going with the same setup that has failed us in Clement’s last two OF games.

Provided all of the above are fit I’d be going with the same.

A flat midfield 3 to match theirs is essential. Inevitably, we’ll end up going with the same setup that has failed us in Clement’s last two OF games.
Any team without Lundstram in it for me now I’m not blaming him for our atrocious results in throwing the League away ,but he sure doesn’t help.

It will be the usual Clement easy to play through 4-2-3-1, surrender the midfield, go a couple down, then a 20 minute onslaught because the tims are knackered.

As painful as it will be, the last 3 OF’s tell us that this is exactly what will happen.

The tranny shagger probably cant believe his luck when he plays us at the moment. We make it so easy for them.

Any team without Lundstram in it for me now I’m not blaming him for our atrocious results in throwing the League away ,but he sure doesn’t help.
Prior to the beggars game his form had dipped, but he was no more to blame than the rest who shat the bed. However the beggars game was so awful he should never be considered for the cup final barring some midfield injury crisis in the next 10 days.

And if not.....serious questions need asked
We will not win the cup as they will have the midfield.....again
It may be unfair but I think serious questions are already being asked especially when he can't beat a poor Celtic side.

It may be unfair but I think serious questions are already being asked especially when he can't beat a poor Celtic side.
Questions are rightly being asked, his preferred formation is clearly 4-2-3-1, he doesn’t have the wingers or a decent 10 to play it, so change the f*****g formation instead of playing square pegs in round holes.

He won't do it but I'd be tempted to play a diamond in the midfield. Give us that extra body in the middle of the park where we are badly lacking any grip on the game.

The only issue is a diamond makes you go narrower sacrificing space on the wing where maeda seems to have all sorts of joy against Tav.

There is more than one way round that though and having the man in the midfield could them allow Tav and hopefully Ridvan to put pressure on their full backs which are their weak links By going on the overlap in attack or come inside and effectively give you another man again in the middle of the park overloading areas of the park.

If fit I'd play Sima up alongside Dessers who would then give us an out ball and with his pace that would make the celtic back line sit that bit deeper but shouldn't result in us playing aimless long balls up the park that don't stick with one striker up there on his own.

The diamond would look like this and I feel it plays to everyone in the midfields strengths.

Sterling
Raskin diomande
Cantwell

Dessers Sima

We need to try something different and the formation we keep playing keeps failing miserably.

If fit and available....

Butland

Tavernier
Souttar
Balogun
Yilmaz

Jack
Lundstram
Sterling

Sima
Dessers
Matondo

Realistically, there's no guarantees that Souttar, Balogun, Jack, Sterling, Sima and Matondo will be fit, so I'll revisit this a week on Friday.
You're a brave man posting that midfield.

Just about everyone I've spoken to doesn't want Lundstram in a Rangers shirt again.

Just about everyone I've spoken to doesn't want Lundstram in a Rangers shirt again.
We need energy in the team I would rather have an out of form unfit Raskin than Lundstram,yet again out of contract players letting us down again:

He was attacking on the left at one point on Saturday. I remember thinking who’s picking up Maeda if they get forward?

This was before they scored
His position is suffocating the team. We have an easy fix, Sterling into his preferred position. This so called “leadership group” must be forced to abdicate. Setting up the tactics to cover a right back is something people need to take a step back from and reevaluate it.

Any time I have seen Celtic they look poor when a team plays two up front. We obviously won’t do that and will stick the the same old failed strategy.

3-5-2 for me
I think we need to do something bold/ unexpected for the final. I also think our squad is suited to this formation.

Butland

Sterling/ Souttar
Balogun
Davies

Tav
Ridvan wingbacks

Raskin
Diomande
Sterling or Jack (There is nobody else)

Matondo (pace)
Dessers

Lundstram played well for Clement up until March or did he , he constantly slows the game down never gets the ball forward or takes players on and never scores goals,I don’t want to see him again but no doubt he will be at Hampden in the Cup Final team .
Think he’d be better with more midfielders round about him
When he’s on the ball his options look very limited
When u look at Saturdays game the filth always had options in the middle of the park

What a crock of shite ,everyone knows you hate him but that's pish even from you
It’s not, play Tavernier and the game is lost before we even kickoff. That’s a fact backed by unequivocal evidence on the basis of the last two games against them. If Clement plays him serious doubts need to be put on him being the man required to get us back to where we belong.

We have had no fit wingers and not changed formation. Can't c it happening for the final. Even yesterday's presser PC said even with hindsight he would pick the same team again

It’s not, play Tavernier and the game is lost before we even kickoff. That’s a fact backed by unequivocal evidence on the basis of the last two games against them. If Clement plays him serious doubts need to be put on him being the man required to get us back to where we belong.
Its not a fact however much you want it to be ,we didn't even lose the last 2 games against them
I don't even know why you are on this site when all you ever do is spout shite about our players

We need legs and physical strength in midfield because that’s where these games are always win and lost so Sterling Diomande and Raskin gives you that and Sterling and Raskin have pint to prove they should be regular in the middle of the park

I’d go 4-4-2 diamond assuming we have two centre half’s fit.

JB

Tav / Souttar / Davies / Yilmaz
Raskin
Sterling / Diomande
Cantwell
Sima / Dessers

Sima with a kind of free role to pop up wherever he wants across the frontline

Maybe D, but they've got short memories.

He's probably been our most consistent player over the course of the season and Clement has regularly sang his praises.
His ordering off was poor discipline, but the og was unfortunate and can happen to anyone.

However, up until then he was playing the celtic midfield on his own, as Lawrence and Diomande (yet again) did their invisible man impressions against the celtic midfield.

No chance I'd be playing Diomande against them in the final.

Its not a fact however much you want it to be ,we didn't even lose the last 2 games against them
I don't even know why you are on this site when all you ever do is spout shite about our players
Not shite. He is suffocating every other position in that team. If Clement still has him as a first choice player then he will follow the others.

Maybe D, but they've got short memories.

He's probably been our most consistent player over the course of the season and Clement has regularly sang his praises.
His ordering off was poor discipline, but the og was unfortunate and can happen to anyone.

However, up until then he was playing the celtic midfield on his own, as Lawrence and Diomande (yet again) did their invisible man impressions against the celtic midfield.

No chance I'd be playing Diomande against them in the final.

If only we could cancel the option to buy he’s useless and proved at twice against them already.

Back