Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte set to face trial later this year

They pleaded with The Captain Of Industry whyte was bad news but he still handed him the club.

Then lied about being "duped" by him.

Honestly cant decide of the two which one I hate the most.
There’s absolutely no chance that a man with Murray’s business connections knew nothing of Whyte and his shady dealings. It’s actually an insult to the intelligence of the Rangers support to suggest as much.

Never realised he lived in Scotland. I thought he was Monaco based?

Genuinely surprised he's never got a sore face off a fan.
One guy saw him in a supermarket in Inverness a few years back I am sure. All he did was take a picture and post it. Disappointing if you ask me.

I won't get my hopes up.

This absolute charlatan has somehow escaped the law so many times already despite the fact he is an obvious criminal.
This is clearly a test case as the first RIPA prosecution.
The powers are far reaching and penalties potentials harsh.
Let’s hope he gets what he deserves!!!

There’s absolutely no chance that a man with Murray’s business connections knew nothing of Whyte and his shady dealings. It’s actually an insult to the intelligence of the Rangers support to suggest as much.
Of course there wasn’t.
In court Donald Findlay proved as much via text messages and utterly embarrassed Murray.

I had some dealings with SDM. I find it almost impossible to believe he was duped by anyone. He was a shrewd cookie.
Have heard that from a few people over the years.

In fact, a pal of mine hung about Edinburgh with his son for years and always said he was in on it.

would it no be as simple as opening up laptop taking hard drive out put in a docking station and access as an external drive
There used to be software to get round Windows passwords. If it's a bitlocker PIN then the hard drive will still be locked eVen if you put the hard drive in something else. The police will have ways round it - possibly they could get a recovery key.

So hard to believe they can't access the devices if they really want to. Maybe using it as a way to go after White.

HMRC were never going to accept anything but what they claimed they were owed. They were never going to arrive at an agreed payment which suited both parties involved, as they did with other clubs. I don't care what anyone else thinks, but there was a political / sectarian angle concerning the persecution of Rangers back then.

It is incredible how that absolute chancer got anywhere near our club in the past. Very dark days but thankfully all in the past.
All thanks to a Septic ST holder who was head of business at Lloyds bank. He struck the £24m deal with Ticketus to get Lloyds £18m back direct from an escrow account.
But he needed a chancer to fall for the deal, step forward Craig Whyte.
Said Septic ST holder then retired 6 months later with a huge bonus for getting Lloyds £18m back.
Always follow the money and you`ll find the crooks.

There used to be software to get round Windows passwords. If it's a bitlocker PIN then the hard drive will still be locked eVen if you put the hard drive in something else. The police will have ways round it - possibly they could get a recovery key.

So hard to believe they can't access the devices if they really want to. Maybe using it as a way to go after White.
Yeah they managed to hack encrypochat so would be surprised if can't get access to his stuff

He’s going to get done for failing to provide a password to his laptop, but he can’t get done for facilitating the biggest fraud in Scottish, or indeed British, football history.

The law works in strange ways.

It’s just a shame he still has the ability to walk freely on the streets of this country.
It most certainly is. Obviously we're not talking about the assassination of a rival gang but Capone wasn't jailed for the Valentines Day massacre he was jailed for tax evasion because the outcry after it made sure that he was jailed.

Surprised at this in a few ways. Would he not just say he has forgotten them rather than saying he wasn't going to give them the PINs.

And there will be ways for the police to get round the pins and see the information anyway.

Its a stupid response whether forgotten or not. The police are asking for the passwords so they can save a bit of time but they don't even need them. There is no need or reason to go through the operating system at all. Even if a password is set on the bios its a relatively simple procedure with certain forensic tools to mirror the file structure and data on the device.

Last edited:
Yeah they managed to hack encrypochat so would be surprised if can't get access to his stuff

They didn't quite hack it, they managed to get a hold of an encrophone that was still unlocked, which allowed them to keep it unlocked and read messages etc.

The media like to portray our fans as thugs and hooligans. If that were true, Whyte wouldn't be able to safely walk the streets. ?
Maybe we will have one or two fans in prison at the same time as Whyte and some how they update FF on the ongoing state of his dental situation.

I have more hate for David Murray than I do for Whyte.

Murray lit the firework known as Craig Whyte depsite knowing the potential outcome then rode off not giving a toss.

Murray sought out Whyte.

He didn’t just turn up out of the blue.

They didn't quite hack it, they managed to get a hold of an encrophone that was still unlocked, which allowed them to keep it unlocked and read messages etc.
Google it. They hacked it and for months Encrochat didn't realise they had been hacked. Getting an unlocked phone would hardly lead to all those arrests in different countries.

Murray sought out Whyte.

He didn’t just turn up out of the blue.
I think he was sought out but not by Murray.I am not defending Murray because it was his business practices that set a chain reaction which led to the mess we ended up in.He was sought out by someone connected to Lloyd's who were panicking over the 18 million they were owed.Lloyds put a gun to Murrays head as his other business's were in even more debt to the bank.We had saleable assets on our books that would have covered the 18million but with the HMRC threat hanging over our head the bank did not want to hang about.
The main culprits were individuals in HMRC who refused 10million from Murray to help settle the potential ebt tax bill as HMRC "didn't do deals"although theg did with other businesses and I believe Arsenal.
By putting the holding company into liquidation,no one was getting paid.They could have negotiated a settlement and all those hospitals would have been built and the country would not be paying millions to the likes of Duff and Phelps and other leeches.IMO this was personal and not a business decision.

Google it. They hacked it and for months Encrochat didn't realise they had been hacked. Getting an unlocked phone would hardly lead to all those arrests in different countries.

I'll need to check that out, the article I read when there was the first major busts through encro mentioned they managed to yet into a phone someone didn't have the chance to lock.

I think he was sought out but not by Murray.I am not defending Murray because it was his business practices that set a chain reaction which led to the mess we ended up in.He was sought out by someone connected to Lloyd's who were panicking over the 18 million they were owed.Lloyds put a gun to Murrays head as his other business's were in even more debt to the bank.We had saleable assets on our books that would have covered the 18million but with the HMRC threat hanging over our head the bank did not want to hang about.
The main culprits were individuals in HMRC who refused 10million from Murray to help settle the potential ebt tax bill as HMRC "didn't do deals"although theg did with other businesses and I believe Arsenal.
By putting the holding company into liquidation,no one was getting paid.They could have negotiated a settlement and all those hospitals would have been built and the country would not be paying millions to the likes of Duff and Phelps and other leeches.IMO this was personal and not a business decision.
Lloyds might have pressurised Murray but a former player says it was Murray - not Donald Muir - who sought out Whyte.

No-one has ever provided evidence that HMRC settled for a lower amount from Arsenal than they believed was due.

Lloyds might have pressurised Murray but a former player says it was Murray - not Donald Muir - who sought out Whyte.

No-one has ever provided evidence that HMRC settled for a lower amount from Arsenal than they believed was due.
HMRC was making figures up as they went along.The treatment of Rangers cost the revenue and the country hundreds of millions.Murray supposedly paid about 47 million over 9 years and they were claiming much more than that back by adding on interest and fines that they had no chance of recovering.They have subsequently reduced their claim by over 70 million.Which proves they were making blunders or it was deliberate to cause maximum damage to us.They do deals and offer payment plans.A deal could have been done and they knew that by refusing this liquidation was inevitable.If decisions were being made on a commercial basis a deal would have been done.

Back