Forum usability tips - please read & add your own.

You've posted a link to my contact details. I think this is what you meant for turning off alerts and watching threads:

Click on your username on the blue bar at the top. From the drop-down menu click on 'Preferences'. Should get a pop- up that lets you de-select the top two items regarding 'watching' threads and 'receiving alerts on watched threads'.

Worked for me.

Last edited:
can we get the forum to display in full width currently it is like trying to read a mobile version see attached screenshot
BPuvy63.png

Good tip about the notifications.

That would do my head in.
I'm pretty sure that you need to untick the

'
Receive email when a new conversation message is received

Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.' box

Would be good if the forum took up the full page and we could change to show 100 posts per page...

can we get the forum to display in full width currently it is like trying to read a mobile version see attached screenshot
BPuvy63.png
I think there is supposed to be ad's on the side, You are maybe using a pop up blocker like me?

I think there is supposed to be ad's on the side, You are maybe using a pop up blocker like me?

I am running an adblocker yes mate, on my laptop its poor to view each line of a post contains 10 words then just white all round , hopefully it gets sorted

I'm pretty sure that you need to untick the

'
Receive email when a new conversation message is received

Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.' box

I've unticked this box however still getting all sorts of emails sent.

Can we turn off the viewing of footers? I always think it makes the forums look cluttered and they become a mass of pictures rather than text.

Yes. click your name on the top right (next to Inbox) and choose preferences, in that untick the box showing signatures and it will take them away.

I am running an adblocker yes mate, on my laptop its poor to view each line of a post contains 10 words then just white all round , hopefully it gets sorted

I just used ctrl + mouse scroll up to magnify it a little, it's not perfect but it does help.

Can we turn off the viewing of footers? I always think it makes the forums look cluttered and they become a mass of pictures rather than text.

You can mate, In account preferences.

Click your user name at the top > preferences > untick 'show peoples signatures'

I think pics are not as bad but when people start adding gifs to the bottom it looks like a basic geocities website from 1999.

It'd be good to have an option to not have the white background too. Is there a "subtle" mode option?

Sure we had the same issue on f365 when they moved to a new platform too. There's a script that can be run too for viewing in wide format so it's not crushed to the centre of the screen, eh?

Anyone wanting to stop watching a thread, the unwatch link is at the top of each thread.

Thought this would be good to keep all tips for the new forum in one thread.

As you can see you can have both avatars and footers.

You can change all of this over at: http://www.followfollow.com/forum/account/

The tip I'll give is that you can turn off email notifications at: http://www.followfollow.com/forum/account/contact-details

Who's found out other wee tips?
I still can't do this, tried logging out and back in again, keeps telling me I don't have permission to do that :confused:

Happy that everybody gets to have an avatar but the footer will become really annoying

I tried to do this but got a response saying, 'You must be logged in to do that'
Clearly I am o_O

It was a wrong link. Do this:

Click on your username on the blue bar at the top. From the drop-down menu click on 'Preferences'. Should get a pop- up that lets you de-select the top two items regarding 'watching' threads and 'receiving alerts on watched threads'.

Worked for me

I'd like to move the wee box with my user name and post count at the top right hand side and make the posts more full screen.

Is this possible?

Worked for me

I had the same problem as the other poster. My phone was beeping like mad with emails.

Hopefully that's it sorted now mate.

How can i widen the forum, all the posts are truncated and I have a ton of white space? This will be murder on the wide screen hi res monitor :/

Worked for me
Thanks mate,just did it.........fingers crossed :)

Back