Founders Trail info

Paisley Blue

I'm thinking about booking the Founders Trail but wondering how much walking is involved? My Father inlaw is mobile but not up to hiking all round the city.
Any info appreciated. I did check their website but it didn't mention anything about how far they walk.

Cheers!

You’re mostly on the bus round the city and it stops at various places such as the west of Scotland cricket club and Partick Bowling club for a couple of beers.

There is a bit of ‘off path’ walking at Glasgow Green down to where Fleshers Haugh would have been and also at Craigton Cemetary where you visit the graves of the founders and Bill Struth

You’re mostly on the bus round the city and it stops at various places such as the west of Scotland cricket club and Partick Bowling club for a couple of beers.

There is a bit of ‘off path’ walking at Glasgow Green down to where Fleshers Haugh would have been and also at Craigton Cemetary where you visit the graves of the founders and Bill Struth
This covers it and thanks.

I'm thinking about booking the Founders Trail but wondering how much walking is involved? My Father inlaw is mobile but not up to hiking all round the city.
Any info appreciated. I did check their website but it didn't mention anything about how far they walk.

Cheers!
We leave the coach on three occasions there isn’t a lot of walking involved but Craigton Cemetery is on a steady,not too steep,upwards slope to the graves that we visit.

I can assure you that no one is left behind.

My dad did at 90 and my boy was 10. One of the guides walked slowly with my dad and the other had to run to keep up with my son. I was somewhere in the middle. The boys were great with my dad telling them his stories. Craigton was a bit much due to slopes. He was fascinated that he used to walk over the grass where the lads originally started our team on his way to school - John Street. They will go at the pace of the slowest. Great day - my boy done the raffle - didn't win it though. Great day. Sadly my dad's funeral was last Friday but he often talked about the tour.

My dad did at 90 and my boy was 10. One of the guides walked slowly with my dad and the other had to run to keep up with my son. I was somewhere in the middle. The boys were great with my dad telling them his stories. Craigton was a bit much due to slopes. He was fascinated that he used to walk over the grass where the lads originally started our team on his way to school - John Street. They will go at the pace of the slowest. Great day - my boy done the raffle - didn't win it though. Great day. Sadly my dad's funeral was last Friday but he often talked about the tour.
Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Agreed it is a great day on the trail. Great memory for you to have shared that day with your dad!

My dear old mother attended John Street schools too around 1916 onwards. She would always speak of her childhood and youth growing up in the area and I just loved hearing of how life was back then.

Some amazing stories! As she would always say to me, "the people of Bridgeton are 'The salt of the earth' ".

A daughter of Bridgeton who loved The Rangers, she would have loved to have done the Trail if it had been in operation before she passed. If necessary I would have carried her.

We leave the coach on three occasions there isn’t a lot of walking involved but Craigton Cemetery is on a steady,not too steep,upwards slope to the graves that we visit.

I can assure you that no one is left behind.
I’ve a voucher my kids got me over a year ago will it still be valid?

I’d also have to pay to take them with me if there were dates available

Time does it usually finish at ? Booked for 9th July and was thinking of booking Ibrox for dinner after it.
“The Founders Trail departs Ibrox at 11.30am and returns at 3.30pm for the Stadium Tour. We have a 30 minute break which gives everyone a chance to purchase food and refreshments. During our day we’ll take you to the birthplace of our club and then take the journey around Glasgow that our Founders took during our early years. Before we tour our magnificent Ibrox Stadium we’ll visit Craigton Cemetery which will give you an insight in to our Restoration of Rangers Graves Project. All in our day is complete by 5.30pm.”

“The Founders Trail departs Ibrox at 11.30am and returns at 3.30pm for the Stadium Tour. We have a 30 minute break which gives everyone a chance to purchase food and refreshments. During our day we’ll take you to the birthplace of our club and then take the journey around Glasgow that our Founders took during our early years. Before we tour our magnificent Ibrox Stadium we’ll visit Craigton Cemetery which will give you an insight in to our Restoration of Rangers Graves Project. All in our day is complete by 5.30pm.”
Thanks.

Back