Friday Press Conference

GeeSpot

PC: It's always exciting to play a semi-final and be closed to the final, we are two games away from a trophy so everyone is excited for that.

PC: Mood is hungry, there is a desire to get into the next game - that is what I expect.

PC: We didn't get the result and we could have done several things better, we have been working on that to get better heading into the weekend.

PC: This is Rangers, a club where you always need to fight. It is an exciting place to be because of the demand to win points. This is something you need to embrace.

PC: Diomande will be available, Ridvan is still a question mark for Sunday.

PC: I know what I am doing at this club and that we are on the right road together, there are always bumps along the way. Now it is about taking the maximum out if the situation. We will grow again the next couple of weeks, and showing the quality on the pitch.

PC: There is nobody who can be more critical than me, I want to win everything.That is the mentality that is necessary at clubs like this. That's why I love to be here.

PC: We are going to play our own game, we believe in ourselves and go to show our quality. To win we need a better performance than Wednesday for sure. We need to take the right lessons and do the right things. It's a very interesting test for the players.

Good news on Diomande and at least Ridvan should be available next week if not Sunday.

Can’t see any way Goldson or Lundstram are dropped so will be an interesting moment when that team drops.

Whilst Diomande being fit is positive, he’s still going to be playing along side slow sideways John.

I’d cut Clement plenty of slack if he played a left footer at leftback and went with Diomande and Sterling in the middle of the park.

At least it would be acknowledging how much Lundstram is failing us.

The Ridvan “being days away” injury is just turning into a circus now.

Bit rich asking the fans for more. We've given everything and we've backed serial failures once again with the clean slate he asked for.

Only for the same faces to let us down at the business end of proceedings.

Good news on Dio. It seems the butchers in our medical staff have worked their magic on 50/50 Ridvan though.

He needs to play an actual left-back at left-back, even if it's Barisic, to let Sterling move back into midfield beside Diomande. I'd also drop Lundstram but I'm less hopeful on that one.

And Sima on the left please - Silva either through the middle or not at all.

He needs to play an actual left-back at left-back, even if it's Barisic, to let Sterling move back into midfield beside Diomande. I'd also drop Lundstram but I'm less hopeful on that one.

Even Davies at left-back, at least he's left-sided. Then you could even shift to something of a back three to free Tav further up the field.

Moot idea though if Lundstram plays because he won't leave our 18-yard line until we're 2-0 down.

I’d return to Sima-Dessers-McCausland, though I’m not sure on the latter’s fitness.

If not McCausland, then Sterling. I don’t see Lundstram being dropped so Diomande alongside him with Cantwell just ahead.

A return to the basics that served us well for the majority of Clement’s time.

I’d return to Sima-Dessers-McCausland, though I’m not sure on the latter’s fitness.

If not McCausland, then Sterling. I don’t see Lundstram being dropped so Diomande alongside him with Cantwell just ahead.

A return to the basics that served us well for the majority of Clement’s time.
Lundstram recently has been a total liability in the middle of the park. If he has to play, he needs Sterling next to him. We are being overrun in there every week now.

Good words from Phil. If we take a step back and breathe after the last two results, we can clearly see we have the right man in charge of us. He has a history of winning, and he’s dragged us into contention for winning the league from absolutely no where. If the Board can get him the resources, he will do us wonders.

Was about to post exactly the same almost word for word. If he can make these changes (that’s if Ridvan isn’t fit) and gets them playing at their optimum we should be in a good place to win this weekend. As much as I feel like I’ve been cheated on by my missus by most of this team I still feel we have a good core of players that when they play at their best can play well and win games. Even with them throwing away our advantage in the title race I am still excited at the prospect of pushing for a double at least. Two (throw the kitchen sink) massive cup ties against Hearts and if we get through against the scum in the final. Surely we have enough in this lot to deliver a double now they’ve effectively thrown the league away?

Doesn't seem happy at Sterlings comments, which I guess are understandable though the fans all respect that someone said it. Seemed a bit of a dig at his injury record too.

I don't even know what press Sterling was doing yesterday or why he would be doing it.

His answer around the 10 minute mark in the video frustrates the life out of me. It's really not strange to say that at all Phil. The core group has not changed in how many years? You can't protect them behind "its a new group". Wish the person who asked the question had some courage to come back on that reply

You can't be serious? He's the manager who, of course, is going to protect his players. Especially when we have plenty to play for.

Its what good man managers do.

Back