Frightening amount of player still to exit

I think Barisic,Candieas & Murphy will stay.The rest will hopefully be moved on.

Unless we get idiotic bids I think you’re right.

I’d like Robbie mc to be loaned to a higher standard again.

Unlikely to be called upon and playing for say Hamilton will teach him and us more (mcgregor to Dunfermline years ago for eh)

This is a point I find myself being something of a lone voice on here banging on about: why would we still be pursuing Kent on loan when we’ve just added Ojo to the seven existing wide players we have on the books?

Middleton has gone on loan and Hastie may join him which would then reduce the number to six, and while we might like to sell Grezda, what if he doesn’t fancy budging?

I don't really see where Kent fits in now in terms of structure, available resources and remaining priorities.

Might be harsh from me, but I think the quality of the squad has been upgraded considerably since Murphy first walked through the door. Add to that the fact that even when fit, he he will have been out for over a year, I think a 6-month loan deal may also likely for him

This is a point I find myself being something of a lone voice on here banging on about: why would we still be pursuing Kent on loan when we’ve just added Ojo to the seven existing wide players we have on the books?

Middleton has gone on loan and Hastie may join him which would then reduce the number to six, and while we might like to sell Grezda, what if he doesn’t fancy budging?

I don't really see where Kent fits in now in terms of structure, available resources and remaining priorities.
Could be:

Loan Hastie and Middleton
Sell Grezda and Candieas

then we have 5 wide players + Arfield

Remember that Murphy might not be the same player that he was too.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick = Agree that we should sell one of these guys, probably Alnwick who hasn't played much for us.

Firth = Out on loan, probably.

Barisic = Highly doubt he is going anywhere.

Dorrans = I think Dorrans will be given until at least the winter transfer window to prove his worth.

Holt = Will either be paid off or another loan with the view of letting his contract run out.

Rossiter = Possibly another one to loan out but if he can keep fit then he has a place in our squad.

Candeias = Going nowhere.

Murphy = Going nowhere, I'd be very surprised if he did move.

Grezda = Unfortunately we could only sell him at a cut price, he could be loaned or sold but I doubt he'll be anywhere near a Rangers squad this season.

Hardie = Can see him being bought, linked to QPR.

Dodoo = Another loan beckons, no doubt.

Lafferty = Unless we get another striker in (or 2 if Morelos goes) then he'll be staying as back up.

Herrera = He's so shit. Another loan or a pay-off from the club.

Morelos is one who may go this window, probably later on in the window if it happens though, just hope we've lined up potential replacements for the potential scenario.

I think Middleton out on loan is a great possibility, too.

LW options: Murphy, Kent, Jones
RW options: Arfield, Ojo, Candeias

Middleton & Hastie to be loaned out, Grezda sold.

Not unreasonable imo, especially considering Arfield, Kent and Murphy can also fill in at number 10.

Can anyone get that to display as an image on here so dont need to click the link? My upload function is playing up.
fol.png

I'm convinced McCrorie will go out on loan - but it wouldn't completely surprise me to see him move permanently.

At 21 he really needs regular first team football and he's not getting that with us next season again.

The lad has a decision to make IMO.

Yeah, I expected to have lots of players sold by now. I mean it's already the 1st day of pre-season and we're well into the 8th day of the transfer window.

Absolutely terrified by this lack of foresight by anyone at the club. Admin 2 must on the cards in the next fortnight.

If For leaves then Shagger, Alnwick and McRorrie are all a head of him.

I'd say Firth is fourth. :))

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced McCrorie will go out on loan - but it wouldn't completely surprise me to see him move permanently.

At 21 he really needs regular first team football and he's not getting that with us next season again.

The lad has a decision to make IMO.

I think that one really good loan spell at the right club could see him return in 12-months as a future captain

Assuming the deals for Aribo & Ojo go through, we expecting a first choice left back, 2 x centre backs and another front man in?

If we then perhaps expect Greg Docherty, Hastie, Middleton & Ross McCrorie to go out on loan, I reckon we could still have to get the following payers out the door, which is quite a task.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth

Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera

Would agree with those in bold, think Dorrans, Rossiter and Murphy are worth giving a go if they can stay fit this season - if not, they'll be off. Candeias is a good squad player and Barisic needs to be given this season to see if he can settle - there is obviously talent there and some player take a year to settle in.

We spent what two years putting up with Rossiter’s injuries because we could see he was a good player when he played. Now he’s actually went away and got some games under his belt while on loan, came back with no injuries but now he’s to go out the door? Where is the logic in that?
Because we have players who are regularly fit and have shown more than Rossiter has. It's nothing against Rossiter just a matter of too many midfielders and how many is he really better than

Yeah, I expected to have lots of players sold by now. I mean it's already the 1st day of pre-season and we're well into the 8th day of the transfer window.

Absolutely terrified by this lack of foresight by anyone at the club. Admin 2 must on the cards in the next fortnight.

You are missing the point, well aware that its Day 1, but hopefully this is the last time in a long time that sees us have to shift 50% of the average squad size in the one summer.

Because we have players who are regularly fit and have shown more than Rossiter has. It's nothing against Rossiter just a matter of too many midfielders and how many is he really better than

The cold hard fact is that Jordan Rossiter has made 10 appearances for Rangers in 3-seasons.

He look's the part in the few occasions he has been on the field, and has a great pedigree, but I am pessimistic

I think that one really good loan spell at the right club could see him return in 12-months as a future captain
That might be what it takes.

Needs to develop technically if he wants to be a midfielder though. He's not going to do that from our bench again next season. Needs to get out here and get amongst it at another club and then see where that takes him..

It made sense to tie up our business first then deal with the outs.

We spent too long trying to move guys out last summer and ended up making additions like Lafferty to fit around that - didn't work.

LW options: Murphy, Kent, Jones
RW options: Arfield, Ojo, Candeias

Middleton & Hastie to be loaned out, Grezda sold.

Not unreasonable imo, especially considering Arfield, Kent and Murphy can also fill in at number 10.

As said above, what if Grezda decides he’s happy to stay and pick up his salary?

We might have told him and his agent to find a new club, but it still has to actually happen.

Remember, we’ve already added Jones, Hastie, Stewart and Ojo to this area of the squad since we last kicked a ball in anger so we’re already top heavy in that department without adding Kent into the mix.

As the OP says, we’ve got our work cut out for us trimming the wage bill in order to add new players for next season.

Last edited:
Foderingham or Alnwick - One of them will go
Firth - 3rd choice keeper on buttons. Will stay
Barisic - Will stay
Dorrans - I think we'll struggle to find a suitable destination. I'd keep him
Holt - Will go
Rossiter - Staysas 6th choice CM if Dorrans goes. If not sell
Candeias - Will stay as squad option
Murphy - Will stay
Grezda - Punt him or loan him
Hardie - Will go
Dodoo - Will go
Lafferty - Will go
Herrera - Will go

Docherty - Stay as 5th choice CM option
Ross McCrorie - Loan out for season
Robbie McCrorie - Loan out for season
Hastie - Loan out for season

Could be:

Loan Hastie and Middleton
Sell Grezda and Candieas

then we have 5 wide players + Arfield

Remember that Murphy might not be the same player that he was too.

Why would you or I go to us only to be loaned out.

That also applies tae Hastie, who is playin first team fitbaw in the premiership.

I won't scare you, okay, I'll just explain to you what I'm gonna f*cking do to you. I'm gonna take your bollocks, I'm gonna f*cking rip them off, I'm gonna f*cking paint eyeballs on them. And then stitch them onto a f*cking sock and use that as a mouthpiece.

I do like it when you talk macho.

Why would you or I go to us only to be loaned out.

That also applies tae Hastie, who is playin first team fitbaw in the premiership.
Because they are young and need first team football which they can't be guaranteed here atm?

I won't scare you, okay, I'll just explain to you what I'm gonna f*cking do to you. I'm gonna take your bollocks, I'm gonna f*cking rip them off, I'm gonna f*cking paint eyeballs on them. And then stitch them onto a f*cking sock and use that as a mouthpiece.

Heard it, that was the mob boss in Homo Alone 2.

Ross McCrorie - Loan out for season
Robbie McCrorie - Loan out for season

I think we'll keep both McCrories as part of the squad at least until the European Qualifiers are over.

At the moment we can only register 23 players as McGregor is the only player we can put in one of the four club trained player slots.

McCrories can still be registered on list B so could be useful to have Robby for example instead of Firth taking up a space on the main list.

I think we'll keep both McCrories as part of the squad at least until the European Qualifiers are over.

At the moment we can only register 23 players as McGregor is the only player we can put in one of the four club trained player slots.

McCrories can still be registered on list B so could be useful to have Robby for example instead of Firth taking up a space on the main list.
Good shout didn't think about that. Makes perfect sense

Smartarse.

How dare you bring informed logic and sanity to one of my threads!

Assuming the deals for Aribo & Ojo go through, we expecting a first choice left back, 2 x centre backs and another front man in?

If we then perhaps expect Greg Docherty, Hastie, Middleton & Ross McCrorie to go out on loan, I reckon we could still have to get the following payers out the door, which is quite a task.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera
Candeias and Murphy ? Are you aff you heid on smack ?

Then we've got deadwood although I don't Candieas really needs to be sold.

Dead wood can actually be quite detrimental though if it precludes you from bringing in better replacements.

We’re not awash with cash by any means so we need to be economically effective with our resources.

We’ve added four new wide men since last season ended.

We’re overloaded in that department, but there’s not actually much dead wood to offload.

Grezda is one most would like to see moved on and I suspect we’re already attempting to do so, but he could make life difficult for us by digging in his heels.

Then there’s Candeias, who some facilely lump in as one to be sold, but he was a regular starter last term and a player that’s obviously valued by Gerrard, so while I agree we do need better, I doubt we’re looking to move him on.

Only the management team will know the answer to that but even if he only plays 10-20 games this year, the transfer goes from a failure to a success as we’ll be able to sell him for more. At his age there’s also the small chance he develops into a great player, I think we’d be daft to let him go this summer.

Candeias and Murphy ? Are you aff you heid on smack ?

General feeling at the end of the season was the Candeias was moving on.

But quite what Murphy has done to date in Rangers jersey, coupled with the fact that he is over 30 returning from an ACL injury, to justify the faith is beyond me

Tell you what folks, I’m not usually a friendlies guy but the upcoming 4 could be very intense with the level of competition going on. Worth attending I’d say.

Dead wood can actually be quite detrimental though if it precludes you from bringing in better replacements.

We’re not awash with cash by any means so we need to be economically effective with our resources.

We’ve added four new wide men since last season ended.

We’re overloaded in that department, but there’s not actually much dead wood to offload.

Grezda is one most would like to see moved on and I suspect we’re already attempting to do so, but he could make life difficult for us by digging in his heels.

Then there’s Candeias, who some facilely lump in as one to be sold, but he was a regular starter last term and a player that’s obviously valued by Gerrard, so while I agree we do need better, I doubt we’re looking to move him on.
We have to remember that if Kent comes in that both him and Ojo would only be season long loans. That makes it very easily to trim the number of players we have in those positions next summer.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera

My thoughts are your thread title is exactly the sort of wet the bed headline that makes FF unreadable at times.

We have to remember that if Kent comes in that both him and Ojo would only be season long loans. That makes it very easily to trim the number of players we have in those positions next summer.

That's when you would expect Hastie and Middleton to return, hopefully ready to play

Christ I can’t wait for the new season to get underway and transfer window to slam shut. I’ve tried to avoid most of the transfer threads because the yearly panty wetting contest just boils my piss at this point.

It’s mid June for fecks sake. Furthermore, Murphy shouldn’t and won’t be going anywhere, in spite of the ridiculous criticism he got at the start of last season, he’s a very useful and very productive player.

Only the management team will know the answer to that but even if he only plays 10-20 games this year, the transfer goes from a failure to a success as we’ll be able to sell him for more. At his age there’s also the small chance he develops into a great player, I think we’d be daft to let him go this summer.
Hes going into the final year of his deal no? Its hard to see him getting the game time and considering he seemed to have a decent loan with bury we might be able to get a fee for him anyway

Back