Fuengirola

Bar None opens again on the 29th March.

You can get the train but you’d actually be better with the bus as it goes along the bottom road.

I think it’s the M120 bus get off right before Hotel Triton.

Where to watch the game in Fuengirola on Saturday
The London pub will probably show it. Also a bar called the red lion, just along from my flat on the front (its about a 10 min walk to the left of fish alley on the front) will show it no problem. Andy and Trish the owners have dodgy satellite and always show the rangers games if asked.

Your best bet is definitely the train along to Benelmadena and going into Bar None as it's a Rangers bar.

I used to watch our games in the Old London Bar in Fuengirola, but not been for a while.

Side note I’m going to fuengirola next month for the first time with family…is it any good?

It’s my first time a wee tip take a street back from the front something like a bottle of water is half the price at the front

Side note I’m going to fuengirola next month for the first time with family…is it any good?
I like the place get the train direct from the airport it takes about 30 mins.Just use your bank card to get through the barrier.
Great beach plenty of good restaurants and bars.You are also very handy to get to Benalmadena,Torremolinos and Malaga if you fancy a day out.

Talk of The Town
P.º Marítimo Rey de España, 96, 29640 Fuengirola

Was in here a few years back and watched a couple of Rangers games with cheap drink and decent scran

Last time I was there I was in The London Pub, sure they had plenty screens with games on.
As a side note hookers were getting a line of coke off the barman’s hand for 10 euros.
:))
I was there last week and the London pub was closed.

Busters Sports Bar mate.Mahou 3 Euro a pint and multiple screens.
English guy runs it,Wolves fan but definetly leans towards us.Smashing pub.I ve watched a few of our games there.
Think his Mrs is from Johnstone, its been a couple years since we where in Busters but was a cracking day and excellent for live footie.

Been plenty of times and we love it. There are plenty of bars and restaurants if you are eating out. Lunch down at marina is a must with plenty of choice of bars. Handy for other resorts and even a day trip to Gibraltar. If your Mrs likes the markets there is a massive one every Wednesday. Great beach too. It’s even got its own zoo (bioparc) too.

I like the place get the train direct from the airport it takes about 30 mins.Just use your bank card to get through the barrier.
Great beach plenty of good restaurants and bars.You are also very handy to get to Benalmadena,Torremolinos and Malaga if you fancy a day out.
Stayed the night in Torremolinos en route to Seville for the Betis game, arrived late so just went to the first pub advertising an all day breakfast after leaving the metro station and dumping bags in hotel room.
Big mistake, it was the home of the local Sellick supporters club

Stayed the night in Torremolinos en route to Seville for the Betis game, arrived late so just went to the first pub advertising an all day breakfast after leaving the metro station and dumping bags in hotel room.
Big mistake, it was the home of the local Sellick supporters club
Aye there is a few "irish"bars around I tend to avoid but my understanding is most are the kiddy on types.

The London pub will probably show it. Also a bar called the red lion, just along from my flat on the front (its about a 10 min walk to the left of fish alley on the front) will show it no problem. Andy and Trish the owners have dodgy satellite and always show the rangers games if asked.
That's where the blind guy said "morning ladies"

Sorry to be a pain in the erse but I don't suppose you can buy a travel pass/card type thing for the area? I'm going to Benalmadena for the first time end of April so not really clued up on the area

Sorry to be a pain in the erse but I don't suppose you can buy a travel pass/card type thing for the area? I'm going to Benalmadena for the first tim
Sorry to be a pain in the erse but I don't suppose you can buy a travel pass/card type thing for the area? I'm going to Benalmadena for the first time end of April so not really clued up on the area

No problem mate.I just use the local train service,its very cheap and runs between Malaga and Fuengirola and goes throughTorremolinos,Benalmadena and Los Boliches.They run every 20 minutes and i just tap in and out with my bank card.

Reactions: cav
Last time I was there I was in The London Pub, sure they had plenty screens with games on.
As a side note hookers were getting a line of coke off the barman’s hand for 10 euros.

Any spare room @Taverneeeeer ?

Was this special offer limited to hookers only :p

Been plenty of times and we love it. There are plenty of bars and restaurants if you are eating out. Lunch down at marina is a must with plenty of choice of bars. Handy for other resorts and even a day trip to Gibraltar. If your Mrs likes the markets there is a massive one every Wednesday. Great beach too. It’s even got its own zoo (bioparc) too.
Market is on a Tuesday at the fairground.
There’s another smaller on a Sunday along near the mosque.

Bar None opens again on the 29th March.

You can get the train but you’d actually be better with the bus as it goes along the bottom road.

I think it’s the M120 bus get off right before Hotel Triton.
Aye better with the 120 bus. Get off at Benalmadena Beach hotel. Cross the road and walk about 25yds to your right. Bus stop back to Fuengirola is at the pub door.
Go early as not the biggest of bars.

Talk of The Town
P.º Marítimo Rey de España, 96, 29640 Fuengirola

Was in here a few years back and watched a couple of Rangers games with cheap drink and decent scran
Talk of the Town is in Los Boliches which is about a 25min walk along the prom from the centre of Fuengirola or two mins in the train. There is massive road works right outside the pub so quite noisy and smelly.
Other bars if you are in Los Boliches which will show the game are Alley Cats and the Dog with two Heads.

If you are going to use the train say four or five times to go to Malaga or Torremolinos for example you should buy a ticket called an Abonda Recurrente.
It costs ten euros and you can buy it from the ticket machine at any station. If you buy it with a credit card and use it for sixteen journeys you get your ten euros refunded to your card. But even if you don’t do 16 journeys, its still worth having, two returns to Malaga will cost about €16.

NB when you buy it through the machine you will be asked to enter a nine digit number. You can put in any nine random numbers and it will work. First nine numbers of your phone number for example.
You will be issued with a ticket which you use every time you go through the turnstiles at any station.
Ask at any tobacconist about multi- journey bus tickets.
Even if you don’t buy any of the above, public transport in the area is cheap and pretty regular.
Have a good holiday.

If you are going to use the train say four or five times to go to Malaga or Torremolinos for example you should buy a ticket called an Abonda Recurrente.
It costs ten euros and you can buy it from the ticket machine at any station. If you buy it with a credit card and use it for sixteen journeys you get your ten euros refunded to your card. But even if you don’t do 16 journeys, its still worth having, two returns to Malaga will cost about €16.

NB when you buy it through the machine you will be asked to enter a nine digit number. You can put in any nine random numbers and it will work. First nine numbers of your phone number for example.
You will be issued with a ticket which you use every time you go through the turnstiles at any station.
Ask at any tobacconist about multi- journey bus tickets.
Even if you don’t buy any of the above, public transport in the area is cheap and pretty regular.
Have a good holiday.
Good info mate we have a family appartment down there and just been paying as you go on the train.The tickets are very cheap and the service is pretty reliable.

Did a couple of vermin - Donnelly and Macnamara - not open a bar in Fuengirola ? I recall it was around COVID time so maybe it crashed and died just like Terry Munro. If it's still there, probably one to avoid.

Back