Fulham and QPR going up?

There was 8 before - 1989/90

Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, QPR, Charlton, Millwall, Wimbledon

Funny enough Fulham weren't there although the wee team from Fulham (Chelsea) were!!

EDIT - Forgot to say, QPR have a chance but Fulham are nailed on and will probably break post-war scoring records at the same time!
Then get relegated next season.

It actually makes it harder for London teams in the league as so many Derby games.

To be fair, I’m not having that the vast majority of those games are enough of a “derby” to actually influence anything.

There’s the North London derby and everything else is just a competition between tube stops. And personally I think even the NLD is a bit wet compared to many others outside London.

To be fair, I’m not having that the vast majority of those games are enough of a “derby” to actually influence anything.

There’s the North London derby and everything else is just a competition between tube stops. And personally I think even the NLD is a bit wet compared to many others outside London.
Having gone to them over the years, biggest game of the season for Fulham and QPR is Chelsea at home same at WHU unless they play Millwall. Tottenham and Chelsea hate each other too. Remember the battle of the bridge when Chelsea won the league for Leicester.
Liverpool v Man U and more recently Man U v City are proper Derby’s

All those London based team and not one has London in the club name. I've never understood that.

You have:
Real MADRID
MANCHESTER Utd
Inter MILAN
Spartak MOSCOW
Bayern MUNICH

Just to name a few.
Maybe because the city of London isn’t very big and when these teams were formed back in1800’s it would be the names of their boroughs which surrounded the city. Though some teams have moved like Arsenal which formed in woolwich (Woolwich Arsenal) but are now in N.London.

Having gone to them over the years, biggest game of the season for Fulham and QPR is Chelsea at home same at WHU unless they play Millwall. Tottenham and Chelsea hate each other too. Remember the battle of the bridge when Chelsea won the league for Leicester.
Liverpool v Man U and more recently Man U v City are proper Derby’s
I dont think I've met a supporter of any London team that like Spurs. For some reason they all seem to have a loathing of Spurs on top of any Derby rivalries.

Prem has proved to be a bit above him.

Smashes it in the championship, Fulham come up and then he struggles in the prem
I’m not sure that fair on the big man. Talksport we’re giving some stats from his time in the Prem. He got 14 goals iirc and played about 30 games and most of those under Parker, who is now seen as a very negative coach for him. Parker set up a strong defence and left the big man to carry the team up front, now he is getting a regular supply with the team aimed at helping him. I think Fulham will see the benefit next season, and bigger fees the season after, if they hold on to him.

Glasgow as well.
I know we call ourselves "the Glasgow Rangers" but officially we are know simply as "Rangers".

Think we’ve proven that defining London is a difficult matter.
The only important thing is, like Glasgow, the poorer and criminal classes live in the East End whilst the sophisticated tend to gravitate towards the West.

Sorry, but I am not 'avvin that.
It isn't in the Met Police District, so it counts as the sticks. ;)
Zone 9 chief,gerritupye:shh:
London_Underground_Overground_DLR_Crossrail_map_zone.svg

Think we’ve proven that defining London is a difficult matter.
The only important thing is, like Glasgow, the poorer and criminal classes live in the East End whilst the sophisticated tend to gravitate towards the West.
There used to be a theory that most British cities more prosperous areas were situated in the west owing to the prevailing winds coming from a westerly direction, ie the associated smog and pollution would be lesser. It could of course be a very urban myth.

It's actually not that big a stretch to count Watford as a London side. Although it is outside of London the tube goes there so to me that more or less makes it London.
It is and their not ,leyton orient are another london club ,at one time including wimbledon there were 13/14 london clubs, havnt checked for ages but with a few non league sides being promoted could be more in the top leagues!saved time when someone asked a football question of english clubs,you asked for a hint"is it a london club" if it was no it ruled out 13 clubs at least lol

It is and their not ,leyton orient are another london club ,at one time including wimbledon there were 13/14 london clubs, havnt checked for ages but with a few non league sides being promoted could be more in the top leagues!saved time when someone asked a football question of english clubs,you asked for a hint"is it a london club" if it was no it ruled out 13 clubs at least lol
Would Sutton be classed as London?

It's actually not that big a stretch to count Watford as a London side. Although it is outside of London the tube goes there so to me that more or less makes it London.
The Watford badge is a stag, the emblem of Hertfordshire. Certainly doesn’t feel like London. Less of a London club than Dagenham and Redbridge!

Would Sutton be classed as London?
I walked from Kings Cross to Loftus Road to Brentford New to Craven Cottage to Stamford Bridge to Wimbledon New to Selhurst Park to The New Den to The Valley to Upton Park to West Ham New to Brisbane Road to Tottenham New to The Emirates to Kings Cross last May over 3 days. The idea being to do all 12 London Football League Grounds, I started on a Monday - Sutton went up on the Sunday (day before I started it) - no way was I including them!

Our top flight might've been similar at times with all of the Glasgow centric teams like St. Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell recently all being there.

Back