Funeral of a hero

alex wright

To add further to my earlier point regarding our military sticking together, there was a young English woman there on crutches who we were next to in the Crematorium. Clearly she was on sick leave from whatever regiment she's in. Well done young lady you're a credit to yourself, family and regiment.
Jan Wyck was smitten with her, I'm surprised he didn't mention it in his otherwise excellent post.

Eckhailitchenko

Was at my neighbor Johns military send off at Fort Snelling Cemetery on Tuesday. His 2 sons, 2 cousins, my wife, daughter and I were the only people there. Full honor guard, rifle squad and flag presentation with a letter from the president. When the bugler
played the last post I almost lost it.
These people deserve so much more than they get after serving their country and a big attaboy to all that went along today.
We truly are the people.

Jan Wyck

Jan Wyck was smitten with her, I'm surprised he didn't mention it in his otherwise excellent post.
Nonsense AW. My admiration for the young lady was purely in her professional capacity. I was seated next to her at the service and learned she is an Infantry Soldier recovering from a hip op, hence the crutches, and had travelled through from Edinburgh to pay her respects and honour Mr Dunsmore.
The fact that she possessed a smile and eyes that would light up the darkest of rooms with enough left over to power the National Grid is neither here nor there. Even if this Old Fool could purloin the worlds first time machine and transport him back thirty/forty years to his prime, She would still be waaaaaay waaaaaay out of my league.:(

As Senefelder said. She is indeed a credit to herself, family and regiment.

Last edited:

Zander73

I myself posted last wk on the Rangers twitter site about this.
Well done mate. I don’t do twitter and I only seen this on ff. Like my previous posts on this thread say I’ve done similar down south for ex members of my regiment.
Please be proud that you brought this to peoples attention. Amazing effort, well done.

hammer-time

Well done mate. I don’t do twitter and I only saw this on ff. Like my previous posts on this thread say I’ve done similar down south for ex-members of my regiment.
Please be proud that you brought this to peoples attention. Amazing effort, well done.
Thanks, I saw it on twitter, & the guy was asking folk to retweet it & I did that but decided to tweet it on the clubs page just to get a wider audience.

Pleased he got the send off he deserves.

Superrangers

Well done to all in attendance (everyone, not just from here), you are a credit to your country and to the decency of humanity.

RIP William, your efforts are appreciated and your service lives on.

sapper

Was in attendance yesterday, absolutely great turnout from serving soldiers veterans, members of the public, we even had the navy there as well.
Well done to all involved you did an old Gunner proud.

Southside_shug

We only have to turn the pages of a newspaper, switch on our TV's, or observe the behaviour of some politicians, to despair at the what has become of common decent humanity in this day and age. Today at Craigton Crematorium, among strangers, it made me feel good to be part of the human race.

Thank you William Dunsmore for your service.
Wonderfully put Jan!!!!