Game Management - Nearly Perfect Injury Time

Viper_RFC

Apart from the daft free kick to give away right at the death, with 10men thought we played the injury time (8+ friggin minutes) excellently and they barely had a sniff.
Special mentions to Silva and Cortés up the left corner, game managed the majority and reduced any potential pressure on defense.

Agreed it took all the nervousness out of the game, they played it perfectly.

Reminded me of the 55 season the game we scored late to beat Motherwell we killed the last few mins perfectly, last night was up there with that

Apart from the daft free kick to give away right at the death, with 10men thought we played the injury time (8+ friggin minutes) excellently and they barely had a sniff.
Special mentions to Silva and Cortés up the left corner, game managed the majority and reduced any potential pressure on defense.

Rivan and Silva as well
ate up a lot of time and at one point should have had another corner but Santa Ponsa Don didn't give it

terrific to see - in the past we've gifted possession away

I think our on field game management was poor in a couple of spots to be fair. We did excellent work with the ball in the corners but in injury time Goldson went down and was up again in seconds, after watching 2 sheep roll about for minutes at a time at 1-1. There was another one too where a player of ours went down under a big tackle and we got up and got on with it when he could have stayed down for treatment. I know time gets added but taking a minute here and there always helps run the clock down.

Had a wry chuckle listening to Warnock moaning about the ball boys wasting time towards the end after he set his team out to rip the complete arse out of it all game until we were ahead. Opposition managers always try to waste time right up until they need a goal, when time wasting becomes their bugbear and worth moaning about.

I think our on field game management was poor in a couple of spots to be fair. We did excellent work with the ball in the corners but in injury time Goldson went down and was up again in seconds, after watching 2 sheep roll about for minutes at a time at 1-1. There was another one too where a player of ours went down under a big tackle and we got up and got on with it when he could have stayed down for treatment. I know time gets added but taking a minute here and there always helps run the clock down.

Had a wry chuckle listening to Warnock moaning about the ball boys wasting time towards the end after he set his team out to rip the complete arse out of it all game until we were ahead. Opposition managers always try to waste time right up until they need a goal, when time wasting becomes their bugbear and worth moaning about.
Any player gets treatment has to go off the pitch. 9 men, even for a few seconds is inviting bad shit to happen. 9 men and no centre back is like holding up your one iron in a thunderstorm and daring the Golf Gods to hit it.

Any player gets treatment has to go off the pitch. 9 men, even for a few seconds is inviting bad shit to happen. 9 men and no centre back is like holding up your one iron in a thunderstorm and daring the Golf Gods to hit it.
You only need to go off if you need treatment. You don’t need to go off if you sit on your arse for 30 seconds. Smal point but it happened twice and we should have milked it a bit. The time the ball was in play we did some excellent work, however and it is not a gripe, was just a little frustrating.

You only need to go off if you need treatment. You don’t need to go off if you sit on your arse for 30 seconds. Smal point but it happened twice and we should have milked it a bit. The time the ball was in play we did some excellent work, however and it is not a gripe, was just a little frustrating.

Your previous post specifically mentioned ‘when he could have stayed down for treatment’.

Also Ridvan, won quite a few throw ins and kept the ball brilliantly in injury time.

The only downside was Lundstram needlessly giving it away in the last minute of injury time.

I get he was trying to put it into the corner, but he was under no pressure and could have controlled it and found Cortes in acres of space out left.

I though he was excellent again last night, but made that one mistake deep into injury time (which gave them possession where the free kick came from).

Game management much improved from previous games I thought - apart from what the OP refers to as that daft free kick. That very nearly cost us big time.

I am not sure a nearly perfect injury time ends with us shitting ourselves with the opposition having a free kick on the edge of our box.

The break down the left wing by Cortes and Silva was absolutely superb. Its wee moments like that where players have the clarity of thought & skill level to carry moves like that off that will make the difference.
Cortes looks a player & we looked far more mobile and threatening with Silva on the field.

We unfortunately love giving away moronic fouls like that in high profile matches.

Wasn’t just Warnock, Robertson only took an interest in stopping time wasting when we went in front.

It was a joy to watch, made me relatively calm.

I was actually more worried about giving away long throw opportunities than I was with a corner or even the late free kick.

Goldson miss kicked a clearance and gave them one in injury time, just about level with the 18yard line.
Pathetic to watch at this level but it is effective for Dolly.

Back