Gary Rowett - managing Rangers would have been hugely exciting

mdingwall

Administrator
Mos-Gary-Rowett-IMG-3046-2.jpg

The Birmingham fans I worked with were gutted when he was sacked from their club, they loved that he had them in the top half of the table.

They did also say his style of football would get football stopped it was so boring.

The Birmingham fans I worked with were gutted when he was sacked from their club, they loved that he had them in the top half of the table.

They did also say his style of football would get football stopped it was so boring.

Read before that Birmingham's owners got fed up of him throwing himself at every club who needed a manager.

He'd have chucked us as soon as the first decent club in England came calling

Nice words from him, he won’t get another chance I don’t think.

He is making a go of it with Millwall though, doing a good job.

He was the one I wanted at the time, not sure how it would’ve went but obviously couldn’t have been any worse than Pedro.

Hasnt impressed me as much since then though, highly doubt he’ll get a second chance at it.

I was for graham potter / billy reid when warburton left.

We were in a process of downsizing since the early 2000's, then had our throats slit and the shit kicked out of us. All of this leads to thoughts like the above along with undervaluing our players.

Thankfully we are gaining our standards again. No mark managers will never have a sniff of getting the rangers job for a long time.

I'm a Blues fan mate and his sacking was utterly inexplicable at the time. He was very popular. His replacement was the disastrous Zola who almost relegated the club yet again. Everyone thought that the Chinese owners did all that purely because they'd actually heard of Zola!

We were in a process of downsizing since the early 2000's, then had our throats slit and the shit kicked out of us. All of this leads to thoughts like the above along with undervaluing our players.

Thankfully we are gaining our standards again. No mark managers will never have a sniff of getting the Rangers job for a long time.
I dont think potter/ reid are a downgrade.
Managing fine in the epl.
And the way i looked at it Billy Reid is a bluenose with scottish expierence.
Far better than mcinnes and the RC as his assistant.

Caixinha will remain the most bizarre appointment! I thought Rowatt at the time was a safer pair of hands!

I dont think potter/ reid are a downgrade.
Managing fine in the epl.
And the way i looked at it Billy Reid is a bluenose with scottish expierence.
Far better than mcinnes and the RC as his assistant.

Managing fine in the EPL isn't much of a ringing endorsement to be fair. The championship down is full of guys who seem to be incredibly lucky to continue to get jobs simply based on they have worked in the league before.

Managing fine in the EPL isn't much of a ringing endorsement to be fair. The championship down is full of guys who seem to be incredibly lucky to continue to get jobs simply based on they have worked in the league before.
Thats harsh , we have had pedro, warburton, murty , ally in recent years.
Thats their 2nd job in England.

At the time he’d have been my pick but then heard when he was at Birmingham he was trying to “whore” himself to another club, can’t remember who? That added to his poor record over the past four years would mean I wouldn’t touch him in a million years!

Rowett benefitted from the sacking at Birmingham, young English manager sacked by foreign owners when he had the club doing well, the media had his back and his rep shot up.

Two jobs with higher expectations after and he didn’t cut it, at Millwall now though and achieving similar results to Birmingham. Think that’s his level. Couldn’t have been worse than Pedro but would have been off the second a low prem club or relegated side came after him.

He also took a swedish club from 3rd tier to last 32 of Europa league in about 5 seasons so must have something about him. Yes Sweden is hardly a glamour league but makes the Euro run a bit more impressive

Sounds like he needs to enrol in a PowerPoint presentation course.

Caixinha has a cracking one apparently...

"It was all pretty bizarre"

Just about sums up that whole time at the club..:))

Sadly the people he had the 'bizarre' experience with are still at the club. Nobody carried the can for the Caixinha debacle.

A big factor in the two trophyless seasons that have followed.

Back