Gattuso fired again

As per statement

Valencia CF announce that this Monday, January 30th, the club and the first team coach, Gennaro Gattuso, have decided by mutual agreement to end the contractual relationship between the two parties.
The club wish to thank Gattuso for his commitment and work during his time in charge and wish him the best of luck for the future.
The team will return to training this Tuesday, January 31st, under 'Voro' González.

You can’t be paying top wages on Cavani and be floating around mid table. Ruthless business but Rino always seems to walk into good jobs, done all the dirty work for Milan and Napoli to get where they are now after barren years

one of these boys thatll get jobs due to how good he was as a player and clubs hoping hell be the right fit for them. its quite clear hes not very good at it though. best of luck to him

I said it at the time
Take a catastraf**k of a club Valencia add in one temperamental boss Gattuso to fight the owner lunatic Lim and it was doomed

Valencia are in a terrible state. They have a new stadium a dont even think they can finish building. They dont have a team thats good either. Shame Rino went there because it was never gonna work out

I don't think he's too sorry. That entire club is a massive shit show.

Hundreds of fans outside protesting tonight as well

My type of player Rino. He would leave everything on the pitch no regrets and gave zero respect.

But he was never going to be manager material and his record has been woeful so far.

"Sometimes maybe good,Sometimes maybe shit" Still a cracking interview.

I don't thjnk he's a terrible tactical manager at all, in fact, I think he's actually a pretty decent manager.

The problem is he's a passionate madman, and that doesn't fit very well with being a manager. To be the manager of a football club you need to be objective and reasonable, 2 things which oor Reeny Gattootsy will never be.

I didn't think it was ever a good fit but he got off to a better start than I thought he would.

Then the Valencia effect kicked in and there was nothing he could do to arrest the slide.

I am, nominally, a Valencia fan. Been to see them all over Spain (this season my only trip so far was away at Rayo).

I actually put money on them going down this year as it's been flirted with for so long now it'll have to happen eventually.

I wouldn't read too much into Gattuso's time there to be truthful, it's a club in a perpetual state of shambles and he's been a small part of it.

Hopefully they can dig themselves out of the latest hole but until there's a complete overhaul of the club and Lim disappears it'll be a case of staving off the worst case as long as possible.

Sometimes maybe shit, sometimes maybe shit.

Watched an old clip of him fighting and giving Joe Jordan a head butt when he was playing for AC Milan v Spurs I think. I can just imagine him if he had ended up being our manager giving the fat mess a Glasgow kiss.

When Beale leaves you can absolutely count on his name being proposed on the next manager thread on here
Ex player and gets angry and shouts a lot so that's two boxes ticked (the most important two for many)

Back