Gazza

Bittersweet.

Was great to see him look so happy when he scored but as much as I knew he obviously wouldn't be able to really play anymore I didn't realise he would be to the extent he could barely kick the ball.

A nice moment regardless, he will be buzzing off that for weeks.

An emotional moment.

The goal but seeing the awe the likes of Figo, Costa and Makélélé had for him as well. Those three would have been teenagers at Italia 90 and I bet grew up idolising him.

The smile on his face after the goal would have warmed the coldest hearts. So pleased he has been able to take away that memory from today

Last edited:
FOyrU0uX0AkDweY

Honestly I wasn’t sure about his current circumstances and feared he would be worse than he actually was. So good to see a big smile on his face.

Yeah bittersweet is the word. Being absolutely 100% honest, he looks terrible for a man of his age and seeing how a guy who used to be the most natural looking player with a ball at his feet struggle to even kick the ball did make me feel strange and very sad. But I love that he got that moment and I love the way everyone embraced him. I hope that made him feel 10 feet tall again even if for just a minute.

What a player he was, total privilege to have seen him play for us.

anyone else get emotional when he “scored” ? Or just me lol
Yes, a really dust in the eye moment. What a legend. He may not be the greatest Ranger, but along with Baxter I would argue strongly that he was the best player to ever pull on the jersey. The way even the opposition legends, true footballing legends celebrated with him, tells you everything. I hope somehow he gets his life in control.

Going to be honest, felt uncomfortable seeing him but delighted that he got such a feeling of love from the support.

However, the first fall he took didn’t look intentional at all and looked really worrying to see. So I was was just hoping he could get through the last few minutes.

Was fantastic seeing all the players loving him.

Nice of them to let him have a goal, and I wish him the best.

Watching Gazza today reminded me a little of Fernando's match.

Such a shame to see your heroes like that.

I hope he enjoyed his reception from the fans and his moment at the end.

One of the finest players to ever wear the blue jersey. A genius with God given talent that you just can't coach. I feel privileged to have seen him play most of his matches in the flesh.

Love you Gazza

Mixed emotions regarding him today.

I got a bit choked when he came on to such a reception. It was what everyone was there to see to be honest. I was over the moon to see him once again and for my daughter to be able to say she saw Paul Gascoigne in a Rangers top.

The first fall he did, I had a suspicion that wasn't intentional despite folk around me laughing. I thought he was trying to do what he used to do and take it on the half turn but his legs wouldn't do what he wanted them to do.

He then got his opportunity to score and could hardly kick it three feet in front of him. His shot at goal was a trundle and I am certain that was all the strength he could muster. It felt like a dagger to the heart.

I was delighted that that trundler was on target and my aforementioned dagger'd heart instantly was swollen with pride and emotion again as it went in and he got to score in front of the Copland once again; and my daughter got to witness one of her dad's heroes score in a place he is adored.

The reception he got from these world superstars showed what esteem he is held in in world football terms.

Flawed? Absolutely.

Genius? Absolutely. And he's ours, and we are his.

Back