George Edmundson leaves

Problem is, there is some evidence (not mounting, just some) that his rival for the 4th spot isn't very good at defending.
I’d disagree with that, he done well last season when he played. Not great but well, on top of that Simpson is miles in front of Katic with regards to bringing the ball out from the back. He got harshly judged last year(Simpson) but I think this year he will prove to be a decent 4th choice.

You need to go back and watch some games. Lyon away last summer is an excellent case study in Edmundson’s deficiencies.

he couldn’t pass water, I like your play on my name though. Not seen that before !
Try reading what he has said and remember how he played v Braga and Bayer

I’d disagree with that, he done well last season when he played. Not great but well, on top of that Simpson is miles in front of Katic with regards to bringing the ball out from the back. He got harshly judged last year(Simpson) but I think this year he will prove to be a decent 4th choice.
With all due respect, Simpson has been a bomb scare every time he’s played. Always has a couple of mistakes in him.

Try reading what he has said and remember how he played v Braga and Bayer

Like I’ve said, he has his assets as a siege defender. Played well at Braga. But then was clueless a few days later in a different sort of game away to Hearts

Back