Gerd Muller passes away

RIP Der Bomber

Screenshot-2021-08-15-151328.png

I'm that much of a fan of his I actually bought this back in the day

If I remember correctly he was a full back and was called in to fill in for the centre forward.
Only problem was he scored and from there on never ceased to score.

Always wanted to be Gerd Muller in our matches at the bottom of our street.

RIP Der Bomber

Before my time, but my dad raves about what a wonderful footballer he was. Rip to him. Sad that he ended up with Alzheimer’s

68 goals in 62 caps for Germany, he retired at the age of 28 and his last game for them was scoring the winner in the World Cup Final in Munich against Holland

could have potentially continued on but how do you top that retirement game? one of the best penalty box strikers in the world of football

100% correct

It was a direct kick but for reasons unknown the ref raised his hand as if to indicate that it was indirect and our defenders and keeper took it as that. Our players then went nuts when the ref awarded a goal. We got our revenge two seasons later when we defeated them in the 1972 ECWC semi final. Personally, I will always remember Muller more for his displays for West Germany at major tournaments. He truly was a great international striker.

The best penalty box striker of all time. Grew up on his exploits. Don't think he has had it easy the last wee while. RIP Gerd and thanks for the memories.

No idea why but didn’t think he was as old as 75. Football legend. May he rest in peace.

One of my favourite players of all time. Seen him play v. Rangers at Ibrox in 1971 in a 1-1 draw. I’m sure it was he that scored Bayerns goal.
I think you are right, Sandy Jardine marked him out the game, he got away from Sandy once and scored if we are talking about the same game, excellent player.

Gerd Müller has passed away at 75. 566 goals in 607 games for Bayern, a record 365 Bundesliga goals. 68 in 62 for West Germany.
He won everything there was to win - European Cup, World Cup (scoring the winning goal in the process), European Championships, Ballon d’Or.

He should rightly be talked of as one of the best twenty players of all time.

Aye, it comes to us all but I remember Gerd Muller in his prime playing at Ibrox. Scoring a goal and running up the toucline with his right arm held up in salute.

Some of your memories never go away. Sleep well Gerd.

What a player. Goal scoring machine all through his career. Also scored loads of game changing goals. A definitive poacher with a low centre of gravity.
Probably the main reason Scotland never got to Mexico 1970 - scoring brilliant goals at Hampden and Hamburg.
Very sad to hear of his passing.

Simply the Best goalscorer! Another sad loss to a terrible disease. Condolences to his family and friends. Sad news.

What a sad day. Another hero of the 60-70’s gone. Wonderful memories of the greatest penalty box goalscorer I have ever seen. His low centre of gravity made him unplayable sometimes. Thanks for the memories Gerd. It was our privilege to watch you. To his family my thoughts are with you.

Back