German FA refuse to allow Rangers to play Hansa Rostock

I guess because of the trouble when Rapid Vienna, Spartak and Villarreal were over here?

Hold on, there wasn’t anyo_O

Hanza don't look to be making it out of the 3rd division while Hamburg have moved out of promotion or play off positions in 2nd division after being certs for automatic promotion earlier on in their season.

Timmy trying to make out we're a new club in the comments
Die Rangers, die 54-mal schottischer Meister waren, gibt es nicht mehr. Das hier ist ein neuer Klub. Und der hat bislang nur einmal den Challenge-Cup gewonnen, einen Pokalwettbewerb für Vereine der zweiten bis vierten Spielklasse.

Yep, sorted that tosser in my reply. Hansa and St. Pauli are like fire and water and I bet that idiot was a St. Pauli fan, who are in turn big friends with the Hooped Horrors.

BTW, the SS had an article saying that we knew nothing about the game ...

'Utter tripe'
Rangers ‘baffled’ by reports linking them with Hansa Rostock friendly
German publication Bild claimed the *** had knocked back a clash with Steven Gerrard's men due to 'safety fears'

RANGERS have been left baffled by reports of a friendly with Hansa Rostock.

German publication Bild claimed the third division outfit had lined up Steven Gerrard's men for their season opener.
But plans for a clash between the duo had been cancelled due to 'safety fears'.

However, the Light Blues have dismissed the claims and say they have no idea where the story has came from.

A Rangers spokesperson said: "This story is utter tripe.

"Rangers are completely baffled by the report because there have been no talks whatsoever at any level with Hansa Rostock.

"We have no idea where the story came from and it is completely wrong."

Rostock, who sit fifth in Germany's third tier, play at the 29,000 capacity Osteestadion.

In January 2017 Rangers took 8,000 fans to Germany for a friendly with RB Leipzig.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...sa-rostock-friendly-reports-baffled-no-talks/

... but I would indeed trust German sources more than some unknown "Rangers spokesman" with Sun-contacts saying "utter tripe".

Back